• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Level 70 Starting Points

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Will edit this OP as they are decided.

edit: So instead of the 70 skill direction below, please begin thinking about what each class's ULTIMATE would be. Kainzo says 15 minute cooldowns. DreadKnight's would be Harmtouch. GO!

This thread is designed to be a starting point for the Level 70 update and as such some mechanics in this thread might be New Skills. Each idea here will be presented to the community on Suggestions after I have you all check to make sure I'm not fucking up too hard. You will notice that the majority of these ideas are not Direct Damage skills, but hopefully they all feel impactful.
@Balance Team @Kainzo
WARRIOR Path
ROGUE Path

CASTER Path

HEALER Path

Last edited:

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
I am liking most of them but there are a few that need more work.

Bard-I'm not a fan of giving bard reckoning. It already has sticking potential and helps your allies also catch up. I personally don't have a good idea for a new bard skill.

Pyromancer-Fire can be very annoying, and do heavy damage. I think instead of a toggle we could give it three pulses and throw it on a decent cooldown.

Cleric-I like the idea but a cleric needs to be able to turn to target their heals (a good chunk of their heals). When you throw the 'placement' effect onto the cleric it is close to stunning them. For example, Seikuken and Whirlwind both pretty much act like stuns where you can still attack. Although they are not suppose to be this way the slowness on them causes major rubber banding (Slowness IV I believe), you won't be able to turn.

Disciple-The idea that keeps coming back to me is the passive on-hit ability that generates stacks, and those stacks give you stats.

Right now I also have my mind on the upcoming classes that we have yet to touch on. The good thing is about these upcoming classes we already have old classes that we can rework-meaning we already have a definite role and won't have to use up precious time trying to figure out what class best fits.

The next class that is being planned in Samurai-an old class making a return. So why not stick to this 'theme' and bring back Geomancer for the 5th caster spec, and Beastmaster for the 5th rogue spec (or thief). These classes were fun in their day and would save us time trying to figure out a theme/role for a class. I might make a larger-more organized thread about the upcoming three classes later tonight.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
With this push for new content I will say that I think a change in some mechanics and new skills for all classes would be amazing, but we gotta take it in baby steps sadly.

That being said I don't think we can start talking about changes until it's confirmed we'll being doing that.

Things I would, personally, love to see on the server:
-More block skills ex) Earthwall
-More Passives
-Summons for necromancer and other classes (With Mythicmobs this could be very fun)

• Note
    • Personally I don't feel we NEED a pet system for this as Delf said it was holding him back last map from making skills like these. As long as mobs cant be used to kill people at spawn (whether it be with a plugin or just illegal) I say it's doable. Summoning is always very fun imo.
-More skills in general
Thoughts? @Kainzo

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Well - here's what is easily done with coding changes - I myself have the ability to copy/paste code and change variables quite easily - so this is what can be "easily" done with no outside resources/extra help.

• Damage type changes (Fire -> Dark)
  • Firework/Effects Changes (different looks/etc)
  • Projectile types (Snowball -> Skull)
  • Changing skill names / other descriptions
  • Changing attributes information within a skill to use a different attribute
  • Changing tool requirements/other weps
What can't be easily done without code rewrites or new code
  • New types of skills that aren't like any skill seen (ie creation of Totems)
  • Adding combat-pets
  • Heavy math calculations (Tempest/etc)

I think ti's a good idea to add more skills or even just create more powerful skills of existing skills (Bolt -> Superbolt) .... We're also able to spread the skill-levels out a bit more with a level 70 update.

We need to focus on giving each combat class with;
Ultra skill - 10 or 15 min cd
Power skill - 60s cd
Medium Skill - 30s cd
Basic skill - 10s cd

Or something along the lines so that we can have a stable base and start balancing from there.

I'm also actively looking for a dev to create combat pets for us.

Last edited:

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Well - here's what is easily done with coding changes - I myself have the ability to copy/paste code and change variables quite easily - so this is what can be "easily" done with no outside resources/extra help.

• Damage type changes (Fire -> Dark)
  • Firework/Effects Changes (different looks/etc)
  • Projectile types (Snowball -> Skull)
  • Changing skill names / other descriptions
  • Changing attributes information within a skill to use a different attribute
  • Changing tool requirements/other weps
What can't be easily done without code rewrites or new code
  • New types of skills that aren't like any skill seen (ie creation of Totems)
  • Adding combat-pets
  • Heavy math calculations (Tempest/etc)

I think ti's a good idea to add more skills or even just create more powerful skills of existing skills (Bolt -> Superbolt) .... We're also able to spread the skill-levels out a bit more with a level 70 update.

We need to focus on giving each combat class with;
Ultra skill - 10 or 15 min cd
Power skill - 60s cd
Medium Skill - 30s cd
Basic skill - 10s cd

Or something along the lines so that we can have a stable base and start balancing from there.
If you want ults I propose making ChainLightning insane and giving it an equal cooldown. Hit everyone in a teamfight for massive damage, but long cd.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Bumping with an Ult (15min cd) Idea.

Dragoon Ultimate - Dragoon and their Target within 3 blocks BOTH Superjump straight up (and are tethered throughout the jump?)
Classes without safefall die, but any class will have to deal with a goon in their face the whole way up and down.

edit: Fine the target gets safefall and a huge chunk of skill damage hits them as they land.

Last edited:

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7

Dragoon Ultimate - Dragoon and their Target within 3 blocks BOTH Superjump straight up (and are tethered throughout the jump?)
Classes without safefall die, but any class will have to deal with a goon in their face the whole way up and down.
A 1 hit in fall damage is not very fair. Big knockups were removed from Disciple because it was too hard to balance. I like the idea but I think the targeted person should receive safefall.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

edit: Fine the target gets safefall and a huge chunk of skill damage hits them as they land.
We aren't wanting to add in another skill that flings users far into the air.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Just want to drop some 2 cents on the Pyro ult referenced in the main post.

Fire ticks were removed from the Pyromancer class almost entirely in the previous rework. This was done because of how bad they interact with the Pyromancer fighting style, and how annoying it is to players on the receiving end.

We all remember Blaze / Inferno from Bastion. You set everyone around you on fire. Pure and simple. This was a really annoying skill for players to fight against. This is because fire is very disorientating, and does additional things such as hinder movement in addition to the damage it deals. Pyromancers were also very fond of abusing this skill, by kiting in circles while spamming it whenever possible. This drew the class away from it's melee focused nature, but it also was very hard to counter in 1v1 scenario's. Oddly enough, if you had a Pyro actually sticking to his melee based class design, you would find that it was also annoying for the you as well (or any allies with him), due to the vanilla mechanics of fire ticks triggering the invulnerability timer on the receiver.

This invulnerability timer is only an issue for vanilla based damage, but it was definitely noticeable. Now it's true that the current Pyromancer is less dependent on melee as he used to be, but it is still a portion of his damage. It will be lowered by adding a Blaze-like skill back to his skillset.

----
In the end, do what you gotta do, but I'm just trying to drop a friendly reminder to a previous issue.