• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Wizard needs a nerf

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Its

Entangle - fireball - icebolt - fireblast - bolt
No it's entangle bolt fireball icebolt fireblast which is below half health.
I'm assuming this is root, bolt, icebolt, fireball, fireblast, megabolt(?). If you get that combo off sure, you do a lot of damage, but then you have someone who's really close to you and wizard doesn't take hits super well.

What are you doing for the 3-4 seconds after root where I'm standing still at about 10 blocks away from you? You should either get out of bolt range and run or beat my face in. Dragoon can do that much damage to me too with just their shovel if they close on me, which they usually do because I have to stand still
Or you should try not 1v1s. Wizard is good at 1v1s but in 2v2s, warmups will often kill you. In 2v2s, you should never let a wizard get a free bolt off.

The thing is people see the big burst damage and see that they're low and run away, which is what the wizard wants. I can't do any real damage for another 5-10 seconds anyway. Instead they should be smacking up the wizard and not letting him get any more damage in since you're really close to the wizard at that point anyway. If the wizard blinks away, you can use the opportunity to run away more if you want, it's not like he can chase until it's off cd

A wizard can't take you from 100-0 all that fast, if you tank the damage and use the space you gained to go mess up the wizard, you'll do a lot better.

I think part of the issue you're having is that wiz v goon in a 1v1 open world scenario favors the magic wielding wizard, not as much as you might think, but it does. I have a lot of trouble vs healing classes, ranger/ninja/runeblade, or beguilers, necros. There are matchups in which you do better than others, this is one wizard is relatively good at, because most goons lean so heavily on trying to run away rather than use their consistent dps from their shovel and skills.
like I said other classes should be able to beat you in 1v1s but no one is . Even ninja your hard counter that shouldn't have problems beating you has a lot of trouble trying to kill you. A wizard is a better improved ninja that isn't melee and wizards abilities can go through prot armor while ninjas/melee can't

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
Its

Entangle - fireball - icebolt - fireblast - bolt

i dont play a wizard, but wouldnt you bolt after entangle because with the cast time on bolt you could fireball immediately upon bolt completing casting?

If anything is a problem with wizard, i think its fireball (well other than enderpearl being another crazy escape ability but thats another topic imo, and lots of classes have those types of abilities). Fireball does almost as much damage as bolt with the ticks, and closing into melee range with the wizard typically makes fireball easier to land. Either increasing cooldown or reducing damage some of fireball would be the one thing i would change on wizard if balance team thought any changes were necessary. At the same time i hate this proposed change because i want to favor landing projectiles vs warm up abilities. Its just that fireball is definitely strong against classes that want to engage you in melee range. Maybe melee classes all having kick instead of bash could help here - if they get into melee range, they cant prevent you from casting instant cast abilities as well for a period of time (no blink / fireball / icebolt for 2.5 seconds), not just warm ups.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
No it's entangle bolt fireball icebolt fireblast which is blow half health.

like I said other classes should be able to beat you in 1v1s but no one is . Even ninja your hard counter that shouldn't have problems beating you has a lot of trouble trying to kill you. A wizard is a better improved ninja that isn't melee and wizards abilities can go through prot armor while ninjas/melee can't

Beguiler wins in a 1v1 ((pig + pb + fireball) x2 = almost dead), druid is really hard to deal with, cleric has good heals to get through it and burn your entire mana pool 2x, Disc has no problem pulling you in and messing you up, you should never get off any warmup skills vs disc. Ranger will kill you if they land even half their arrows and not let you get off bolt. If ninja doesn't run straight at you like most ninjas do they will mess you up.

People play ninja like it's dragongarde and run straight at you. That and no one escape artists

Last edited:

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
i dont play a wizard, but wouldnt you bolt after entangle because with the cast time on bolt you could fireball immediately upon bolt completing casting?

If anything is a problem with wizard, i think its fireball (well other than enderpearl being another crazy escape ability but thats another topic imo, and lots of classes have those types of abilities). Fireball does almost as much damage as bolt with the ticks, and closing into melee range with the wizard typically makes fireball easier to land. Either increasing cooldown or reducing damage some of fireball would be the one thing i would change on wizard if balance team thought any changes were necessary. At the same time i hate this proposed change because i want to favor landing projectiles vs warm up abilities. Its just that fireball is definitely strong against classes that want to engage you in melee range. Maybe melee classes all having kick instead of bash could help here - if they get into melee range, they cant prevent you from casting instant cast abilities as well then, not just warm ups.
Closing to melee range actually makes it harder to hit fireball, at least for me. I'm most accurate at around 7-10 blocks I feel.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Beguiler wins in a 1v1, druid is really hard to deal with, cleric has good heals to get through it and burn your entire mana pool 2x, ranger will kill you if they land even half their arrows and not let you get off bolt. If ninja doesn't run straight at you like most ninjas do they will mess you up.
Ranger dies so easily to you and the arrows right now are bouncing off people which is pretty funny. With beguiler people argue is the 2nd most broken class with no warmups for anything an if you survive a fireball and plague bomb the beguiler is dead within the next 5 seconds.

Clerics don't fight 1v1 in first place so far what I have seen and I have not seen a fight between wiz and cleric so can't say anything for that

Glacial_Reign

Portal
Ranger dies so easily to you and the arrows right now are bouncing off people which is pretty funny. With beguiler people argue is the 2nd most broken class with no warmups for anything an if you survive a fireball and plague bomb the beguiler is dead within the next 5 seconds.

Clerics don't fight 1v1 in first place so far what I have seen and I have not seen a fight between wiz and cleric so can't say anything for that
You know NOTHING about beguiler so you shouldnt talk about a class (just like wizard) you know nothing about.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8

When was the last time you fought a ranger as a wizard?

You can't kill a beguiler in 5 seconds as a wizard, please don't talk about matchups you don't know about. PIggify is a silence and stun to set up into 400+ damage, which you can't avoid. Kite/beguile perhaps, mass piggify, rinse and repeat wizard is dead without doing much damage at all.

Last edited:

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Everyone is an idiot/genius
All classes are OP/UP
"Fucking Dumb SHIT!"

I think that's all that I've read so far.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
When was the last time you fought a ranger as a wizard?
Dodge one arrow which is enough to get close to them blink to the side of them entangle and they can barely turn around with that bolt fireball icebolt fireblast then blink or run outside of range so that you can easily dodge arrows and 1 fireball more and he should be dead

Glacial_Reign

Portal
Well if you knew it so well then I guess you forgot a good beguiler will beguile you until the cds of piggify fireball pulse and pb go off. Sooo yeah.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
I think wizard mana would outlast a cleric now, even with the wisdom / regeneration difference. Cleric would have to use group heals to keep up with damage (lol) due to the new long cooldowns on single target heals. This is one of the few classes wizard would want to use arcane blast against, and wizard spells are just alot more mana efficient than clerics atm (in terms of damage dealt per mana vs healing per mana). Sacredtouch is the only heal cleric has that is similar in mana efficiency to wizard, but then you have 70% self healing nerf and the fact it now has a 16 second cooldown vs 8 on last map.

Druid probably could win most fights though, with kiting / crowd control abilities. Of course wizard could just turn and enderpearl away and there is nothing druid could do about it, but that is same for super jump, grapplinghook, etc etc.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Well if you knew it so well then I guess you forgot a good beguiler will beguile you until the cds of piggify fireball pulse and pb go off. Sooo yeah.
That's if your a dumb wizard which right as soon as he fireballs u he will be in range since he just used plague bomb which then you blink behind and you kill him with the massive amount of damage. Also you can easily kite a beguiler with the amount of damage your fireballs do and blinking around

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
Dodge one arrow which is enough to get close to them blink to the side of them entangle and they can barely turn around with that bolt fireball icebolt fireblast then blink or run outside of range so that you can easily dodge arrows and 1 fireball more and he should be dead

You can turn while entangled last I checked

They also have kick and good axe damage so blinking next to them is not a good idea usually

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
I think wizard mana would outlast a cleric now, even with the wisdom / regeneration difference. Cleric would have to use group heals to keep up with damage (lol) due to the new long cooldowns on single target heals. This is one of the few classes wizard would want to use arcane blast against, and wizard spells are just alot more mana efficient than clerics atm (in terms of damage dealt per mana vs healing per mana). Sacredtouch is the only heal cleric has that is similar in mana efficiency to wizard, but then you have 70% self healing nerf and the fact it now has a 16 second cooldown vs 8 on last map.

Druid probably could win most fights though, with kiting / crowd control abilities. Of course wizard could just turn and enderpearl away and there is nothing druid could do about it, but that is same for super jump, grapplinghook, etc etc.

Ah I didn't realize that sacred touch had gotten nerfed that hard. Still I burn through mana faster this map than last, so it would be close.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Oh and btw @look_out combo is right. He is probably the best wiz on the server
Thinking about it now he's probably right because fireball icebolt fireblast and bolt and even if you don't get bolt off you can get another fireball and icebolt... Hmm usually as a dragoon you want to be able to keep spear up until he entangles you but with blink you can't keep up with a wizard.