• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Wizard needs a nerf

Sonax

Iron
wizards needs intense nerf on blink like, u dont have to be good.When ur low on health in pvp all u have to do is blink away as much as u want till ur in a safe spot :( please nerf it! cooldowns wont help! they'll just run it off and blink some more! its more op than beserker and dragoon combined thats why there are so many wizards!

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
the more i play, the more i think the biggest problem is there are too few roots / snare abilities. They dont need to be long duration, they can be skillshot / projectile types, but there are too many escape abilities and hardly any abilities for other classes to catch up. Some of the classes who get no movement abilities should have projectile type long range snares / roots to help catch kiters. Taget lock abilities dont help because once they get beyond 8 blocks or whatever those abilities become useless.

IMO this is also the root of why self healing of healers is always a problem - kiting and too few snares / roots to catch back up.

Last edited:
Listen, A wizard has incredible mobility plus incredible damage, a normal wizard will combo Root, Bolt, Fireball, Ice bolt, Fire blast, then maybe mega bolt. This first part before mega bolt will do about 600 true damage with a high intellect cap. Keep in mind this combo takes 4 secs maybe? Bolt 2 secs, fireball instant, Ice Bolt instant, fire blast instant.

Now remember the wizard also has incredible mobility with ender pearls and blink so he can just kite until these are off cool-down. Root is only a 15 sec cool-down aswell. BTW if you add Mega Bolt to that combo you can do almost 800 true damage, adding another 2 secs for the cast. THIS IS ALL TRUE DAMAGE. Take anyone down 800 hp in less then 10 secs, Very Balanced.

Last edited:

0ysterb0y

Legacy Supporter 3
Listen, A wizard has incredible mobility plus incredible damage, a normal wizard will combo Root, Bolt, Fireball, Ice bolt, Fireblast, then maybe megabolt. This first part before megabolt will do about 600 true damage with a high intellect cap. Keep in mind this combo takes 4 secs maybe? Bolt 2 secs, fireball instant, IceBolt instant, fireblast instant. K now remember the wizard also has incredible mobility with ender pearls and blink so he can just kite until these are off cooldown. Root is only a 15 sec cooldown aswell. BTW if you add MegaBolt to that combo you can do almost 800 true damage, adding another 2 secs for the cast. THIS IS ALL TRUE DAMAGE. Take anyone down 800 hp in less then 10 secs, Very Balanced.

okay listen.... wizard is op yes but only on paper. got it? in a real pvp moment a wizard has a 50 50 chance of winning the fight. as a ninja i can close the gap of a wizard and kill him. even with the roots and ice balls and me not smoking. and my build is pretty shit xD they can blink so what you can jump/backflip more often then they can. and as a 30 ranger i could kill max wizards.

now moving on to not real pvp

in a planned pvp fight on test as a dragoon,monk, runeblade,bard, and pyro i can win the fight. and ive tested more but im not good at the other classes soooo

please quit bitching about the class being op because you suck. and this goes for everyone else who is like oh dsbfksdfkjdfkjds is op because he killed me well that means you need to get good.

okay listen.... wizard is op yes but only on paper. got it? in a real pvp moment a wizard has a 50 50 chance of winning the fight. as a ninja i can close the gap of a wizard and kill him. even with the roots and ice balls and me not smoking. and my build is pretty shit xD they can blink so what you can jump/backflip more often then they can. and as a 30 ranger i could kill max wizards.

now moving on to not real pvp

in a planned pvp fight on test as a dragoon,monk, runeblade,bard, and pyro i can win the fight. and ive tested more but im not good at the other classes soooo

please quit bitching about the class being op because you suck. and this goes for everyone else who is like oh dsbfksdfkjdfkjds is op because he killed me well that means you need to get good.

On paper?, maybe by "being in the real PVP moment" you are just panicking, Once a ninja is done with his first burst with a wizard he is done for. If he can not finish him up in the first burst. Wizard has root 15 sec CD, blackjack is 30 sec. The Only counter is if you can kill the wizard within the first blackjack. Assuming the wizard can kite well, which isn't very hard..... I am creating this thread to point out a server problem not for you to flame on it, If you don't have anything constructive to say, please do not post.

0ysterb0y

Legacy Supporter 3
On paper?, maybe by being in the real pvp moment you are just panicing, Once a ninja is done with his first burst with a wizard he is done for. If he can not finish him up in the first burst. Wizard has root 15 sec cd, blackjack is 30 sec. Your not good at pvp what so ever so I don't see your need to talk shit. The only counter is if you can kill the wizard within the first blackjack. Assuming the wizard can kite well, which isn't very hard.....
im not going to start a rage war with you because you dont know how to pvp.
but yes paper as in if you just read off the skills and be like oh this does 782347328932 damage and blah blah blah.
and a wizard can kill people with there skills too. there isnt anything wrong with wizard they have like 800hp maybe 850 if you go tanky wizard. but they are and have always been a strong class with no hp.

im not going to start a rage war with you because you dont know how to pvp.
but yes paper as in if you just read off the skills and be like oh this does 782347328932 damage and blah blah blah.
and a wizard can kill people with there skills too. there isnt anything wrong with wizard they have like 800hp maybe 850 if you go tanky wizard. but they are and have always been a strong class with no hp.

Again you say on paper? I calculated the damage with a reasonable amount (Normal amount) of intellect points for a wizard. Again you strike out and say "you don't know how to pvp" I asked for constructive feedback not gibberish. Also, Rage War? This is my thread, you are the only one making comments to provoke one, your comments are not helpful in the slightest bit and I would rather you not feedback. I strongly advise that you find out what your talking about before you submit it on forum.

DuskWolfMC

Obsidian
Snip. Restraining thoughts.
I wish people would stop whining. Who cares what you've calculated? Just because you list what they can do, didn't mean they will do it.

DuskWolfMC

Obsidian
On paper?, maybe by "being in the real PVP moment" you are just panicking, Once a ninja is done with his first burst with a wizard he is done for. If he can not finish him up in the first burst. Wizard has root 15 sec CD, blackjack is 30 sec. The Only counter is if you can kill the wizard within the first blackjack. Assuming the wizard can kite well, which isn't very hard..... I am creating this thread to point out a server problem not for you to flame on it, If you don't have anything constructive to say, please do not post.

Escape Artist ==> Entangle, Icebolt.

Snip. Restraining thoughts.
I wish people would stop whining. Who cares what you've calculated? Just because you list what they can do, didn't mean they will do it.

Yes, but they can do it, and when they do it is completely overpowered. Another thing, you realize what you just said is the exact same as saying, Yes they can do all that, but sometimes they don't then you can get away. A class who can kill you whenever they want unless they don't feel like it?

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I can say that the actual mechanics on wizard are fine. In terms of balance changes, can you guys give some specific examples? I agree that wizard is pretty powerful atm, but all I'm seeing is complaining. All of you are just saying they are strong, but not WAYS TO FIX IT! I can give you a heads-up on an upcoming change to replenish. To help combat pure INT wizards, Replenish will give less Mana, Have a warm-up, scale with wisdom, and have a lower cooldown. Besides this, what are some suggestions?

Maybe increase the mana cost of skills?
Increase the cooldown on skills?
Shave off a little damage on it's skills?

Keep in mind, if you are complaining that you can't kill a wizard as a warrior, you are ignorant. Magi are supposed to counter warriors.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
no enderpearl in combat, that is all lol

Also more classes should have snares, counter or not, to help against strength of kiting IMO

I can say that the actual mechanics on wizard are fine. In terms of balance changes, can you guys give some specific examples? I agree that wizard is pretty powerful atm, but all I'm seeing is complaining. All of you are just saying they are strong, but not WAYS TO FIX IT! I can give you a heads-up on an upcoming change to replenish. To help combat pure INT wizards, Replenish will give less Mana, Have a warm-up, scale with wisdom, and have a lower cooldown. Besides this, what are some suggestions?

Maybe increase the mana cost of skills?
Increase the cooldown on skills?
Shave off a little damage on it's skills?

Keep in mind, if you are complaining that you can't kill a wizard as a warrior, you are ignorant. Magi are supposed to counter warriors.

There are many aspects of wizard that can be nerfed. Mobility, Damage, and skills. I think the best method would be to take away some of the skills he has because the reason why he does so much damage is because he can combo them all. As I said before of a normal rotation for a wizard it is Root, Bolt, Fireball, Ice bolt, Fire blast, then maybe mega bolt. There is no reason for him to have this many skills. I will write different ways they can be nerfed below.

Option 1: Take away one or more damage spells, Currently a wizard has fireball, icebolt, pulse, bolt, fireblast, megabolt, arcane blast, and blizzard. That is 8 damage spells, I suggest removal of megabolt and either fireblast or icebolt. Cutting down there damage spells to 6.

Option 2: Take away magic true damage. People complain about ninja being OP when their attacks are reduced by armor. A wizard has more damage, more burst, and its all true damage, they also have more mobility then ninjas. I would say there mobility rivals dragoons with ender pearl use. So, take away true damage and make it so that the constitution magic resist scaling is higher. Currently with each point it gives you a 0.2% increase in your ability to resist magic. With 30 points in con you would only reduce 6% of magic damage. First of all, that is awful and most people don't have nearly that much in con.

Option 3: Remove replenish, a wizard should be able to do all this damage then just get all his mana back. If coders want them to do this massive amount of damage they should only be able to do a burst. Since it a normal burst will 1 shot most people they shouldn't be able to keep repeating it throughout the fight.

Option 4: Nerf his mobility to the ground, No enderpearls in combat, higher cooldown on blink.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
My biggest problem with wizard is that it's dmg is so...Safe? Maybe it's due to it's entangle. Maybe it's due to it's mobility. Either way, it just feels like wizard can do all this burst dmg without any consequence.

Increase blink from 12 sec to 15 sec Reduce base range from 10 to 8
Reduce slow time on ice bolt from 4 sec to 2.5 sec
Increase entangle CD from 15 to 18
Increase Bolt CD from 12 to 15

These are just a list of changes I came up with. Not saying every change should be implemented, but just targets a variety of skills. I like the concept of wizard having these really powerful skills, but not able to constantly spam them.

Frozen_Panda

Stone
My biggest problem with wizard is that it's dmg is so...Safe? Maybe it's due to it's entangle. Maybe it's due to it's mobility. Either way, it just feels like wizard can do all this burst dmg without any consequence.

Increase blink from 12 sec to 15 sec Reduce base range from 10 to 8
Reduce slow time on ice bolt from 4 sec to 2.5 sec
Increase entangle CD from 15 to 18
Increase Bolt CD from 12 to 15

These are just a list of changes I came up with. Not saying every change should be implemented, but just targets a variety of skills. I like the concept of wizard having these really powerful skills, but not able to constantly spam them.
The problem with wizard is that it has everything it needs. There should be a balance between damage and mobility, which they have insane amounts in both. Wizards burst damage as said before can be over 800, which is 75% of the tankiest heros health. They also have ender pearls and blink, making it so they are incredibly easy to kite with, along with entangle and icebolt. Not to mention their map presence with group teleport and port. Group teleport is ridiculous in itself. If a party member 2000 blocks away is being chased, and a wizard is in the party, they can just group teleport them away from the fight, which is really stupid.

TLDR: Take away either blink or ender pearls, shave off damage, and make group teleport not able to teleport people in combat.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
The problem with wizard is that it has everything it needs. There should be a balance between damage and mobility, which they have insane amounts in both. Wizards burst damage as said before can be over 800, which is 75% of the tankiest heros health. They also have ender pearls and blink, making it so they are incredibly easy to kite with, along with entangle and icebolt. Not to mention their map presence with group teleport and port. Group teleport is ridiculous in itself. If a party member 2000 blocks away is being chased, and a wizard is in the party, they can just group teleport them away from the fight, which is really stupid.

TLDR: Take away either blink or ender pearls, shave off damage, and make group teleport not able to teleport people in combat.
I'd like if ender pearls can't be used in combat. I can see blink getting a nerf. I would also like Group Teleport to not work if the wizard, or any of his/her party members, are combat tagged.

squince22

Coal
Nah I think just making it like 5-10 more seconds long on the cd and then changing fireball so it doesn't do 200+ with the fire ticks or increase cooldown on that 2
Even Lost soul has fireball so if your complaining about that then you should give up trying to pvp even noobs :D

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Even Lost soul has fireball so if your complaining about that then you should give up trying to pvp even noobs :D
Don't talk to me I haven't even heard of your name before so I assume your trash Ty very much

Here's a little side not for that intellectual brain of yours the coders on the server focus on end game pvp as of right now keep that in mind