• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Wizard needs a nerf

squince22

Coal
Don't talk to me I haven't even heard of your name before so I assume your trash Ty very much

Here's a little side not for that intellectual brain of yours the coders on the server focus on end game pvp as of right now keep that in mind
You don't have to hear my name for me to be right and you are complaining on the skill fireball which lost soul has and you are complaining that it is to good which does not make any sense at all since the worst class ever has it.:rolleyes:

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
You don't have to hear my name for me to be right and you are complaining on the skill fireball which lost soul has and you are complaining that it is to good which does not make any sense at all since the worst class ever has it.:rolleyes:
Lost Soul's Fireball costs Stamina, tons of mana and deals very limited damage.

Wizard's fireball is much stronger and doesn't require stamina. It also has a much lower cooldown.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
Again you say on paper? I calculated the damage with a reasonable amount (Normal amount) of intellect points for a wizard. Again you strike out and say "you don't know how to pvp" I asked for constructive feedback not gibberish. Also, Rage War? This is my thread, you are the only one making comments to provoke one, your comments are not helpful in the slightest bit and I would rather you not feedback. I strongly advise that you find out what your talking about before you submit it on forum.
You have clearly never fought a Ninja as a Wizard. Do you have any idea how effective EscapeArtist is at screwing up a Wizard's combo?

Backflip and Jump in water is pretty bad
No. Backflip is ok. idk about jump.
Wizard fucks dragoon if played right and those attributes are disgusting for goon. Balancing it doesn't really work for goon to be completely honest but I don't want to rant about goon this is a wiz thread.
wizard fucks everything is played right
I agree with the wisdom change but it's 75% of your mana not 100%. Just so people get their facts right.

Blink has been nerfed twice already. You can't really spam fireball. Fireblast now has to be a ground target spell, which can also screw you and push the opponent closer to you or completely whiff. We lost shock, which while not great damage or a great skill was at least consistent damage.

Wizard has a lot less margin for error than a lot of classes. Can you miss bash, lunarlance etc and waste stam?
can u miss bolt, megabolt, pulse, blink? jeez, ever thought about rooting, icebolt, firebolt, blizzard?

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
Wizard is a high damage, high mobility class while having low health. if wizard needed a nerd the first thing that should be considered is their health. You guys seem to be complaining about the play style of wizard, not its balance.

Blink has gotten nerf after nerf since the beginning of bastion. Don't bring alexhoff into this because he played wizard back when blink had a much lower cool down.

Second wizards replenish is being changed to have a warmup. Wizard is very mana hungry and you run out of mana very fast if you don't have a lot in wisdom.

Wizard has gotten nerf after nerf after nerf. So I ask when will you guys stop complaining?

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
escape artist, 2 min cd. entangle 15 sec cd...
On paper, it doesn't seem like Escape Artist would do much, but - as @Glacial_Reign hinted at - if a Ninja can get up-close and personal with you, they have many ways of destroying Wizards. Escape Artist's speed boost only helps them close the gap after you entangle them.

Wizard has gotten nerf after nerf after nerf. So I ask when will you guys stop complaining.
Yep.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Answer to all blink and enderpearl

Can't tell if your troll or just plain retarded

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Wizard is a high damage, high mobility class while having low health. if wizard needed a nerd the first thing that should be considered is their health. You guys seem to be complaining about the play style of wizard, not its balance.

Blink has gotten nerf after nerf since the beginning of bastion. Don't bring alexhoff into this because he played wizard back when blink had a much lower cool down.

Second wizards replenish is being changed to have a warmup. Wizard is very mana hungry and you run out of mana very fast if you don't have a lot in wisdom.

Wizard has gotten nerf after nerf after nerf. So I ask when will you guys stop complaining?
People will stop when the class actually gets nerfed instead of a little rework

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8

John I'm sorry to say this but in 1v1s against you I have destroyed you as a dragoon, wizard is not your class because your not good at it. I don't think you have a right to talk about a class you have yet to master.

I can say that the actual mechanics on wizard are fine. In terms of balance changes, can you guys give some specific examples? I agree that wizard is pretty powerful atm, but all I'm seeing is complaining. All of you are just saying they are strong, but not WAYS TO FIX IT! I can give you a heads-up on an upcoming change to replenish. To help combat pure INT wizards, Replenish will give less Mana, Have a warm-up, scale with wisdom, and have a lower cooldown. Besides this, what are some suggestions?

Maybe increase the mana cost of skills?
Increase the cooldown on skills?
Shave off a little damage on it's skills?

Keep in mind, if you are complaining that you can't kill a wizard as a warrior, you are ignorant. Magi are supposed to counter warriors.
wizard counters everything...

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
what class can move 12 blocks in 1.5 seconds. while burning, which forces you out of the air + rubberbanding
It doesn't matter if the Wiz is able to get one Bolt off on the Ninja as it is closing the gap. Once it closes the gap, the Wiz is screwed.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
wizard counters everything...
A good rogue will beat a good wizard any day. Like I've said before, the only problem with wizard atm is it's numbers are a little too high. I think the dmg itself is pretty good. Maybe up the mana/cooldowns

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
It doesn't matter if the Wiz is able to get one Bolt off on the Ninja as it is closing the gap. Once it closes the gap, the Wiz is screwed.
Tell me though what wizard lets you get close to them it's so easy to just wait until ninjas uses escape artist and kite with blink and enderpearl. More wizards beat ninjas on this server it's simple