• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Wizard needs a nerf

I have been whitelisted on this server for a long time, but I just started playing again about a week ago. This is my new account, I play on my old account, dforth123. I just wanted to make some suggestions about the server regarding unbalanced classes. I went pretty hard while grinding out levels and I leveled to a 65 dragoon from lost soul in less then a week, so I have been pvping a bit. Although, I am not completely familiar with the hero skills and such and may not be the best while using them. I have noticed the class wizard is very unbalanced, the fact that they have frequent blinks and enderpearls gives them incredible mobility making it very easy to kite and root. After you look past not being able to catch them, I a 65 Dragoon got my health halfed by a 54 wizard with one little burst of bolt while i was rooted so I couldn't do anything. The amount of mobility plus the insane damage wizards do just make them completely unbalanced. I suggest a nerf either in their mobility or damage. It makes the game very unfair in my opinion because everyone is going wizard because of how unbalanced, my friends don't want me to send this because they are leveling wizards now, but I feel it is very unfair and discourages me to play.

teddytazer

Soulsand
I have never liked wizard, it literally is one of the easiest classes to pvp with. But if it is changed or removed, beginners would have a hard time winning.

Y

ytiggidmas

I have been whitelisted on this server for a long time, but I just started playing again about a week ago. This is my new account, I play on my old account, dforth123. I just wanted to make some suggestions about the server regarding unbalanced classes. I went pretty hard while grinding out levels and I leveled to a 65 dragoon from lost soul in less then a week, so I have been pvping a bit. Although, I am not completely familiar with the hero skills and such and may not be the best while using them. I have noticed the class wizard is very unbalanced, the fact that they have frequent blinks and enderpearls gives them incredible mobility making it very easy to kite and root. After you look past not being able to catch them, I a 65 Dragoon got my health halfed by a 54 wizard with one little burst of bolt while i was rooted so I couldn't do anything. The amount of mobility plus the insane damage wizards do just make them completely unbalanced. I suggest a nerf either in their mobility or damage. It makes the game very unfair in my opinion because everyone is going wizard because of how unbalanced, my friends don't want me to send this because they are leveling wizards now, but I feel it is very unfair and discourages me to play.
If your health got halved as a 65 Dragoon by a single Wizard bolt you have your attributes placed horribly wrong, try putting more into Constitution, it'll give you Magic Resist, and more health to survive them.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
With attributes mostly in intellect, my bolt does like 210 damage. It has like a 1.5 second warmup giving you more than enough time to interrupt. Bash, impale, and spear all interrupt spells. If you are having problems chasing a wizard as a dragoon you are doing things wrong. I have trouble running from dragons as a wizard. I would suggest a attribute build something like 20 agility, 25 cons, 25 end, and 25 strength. To kill a wizard keep on him and focus him. Unless they are in full iron your shovel will do a lot of damage. Slow them with impale and bring them back with spear.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Dragoons mobility is much better than a wizard's, and that is saying a lot.

The fact of the matter is, Dragoon have to stick to a target and hit them mele, Wizards can kite from a distance. I would accept dragoons mobility is slighty better, but if you think about it wizards can use enderpeals and blink. Root and icebolt added to this is just completely unfair, its extremely hard to get hits on them even when you finally catch them, they will just blink away again or root you.

look_out

Legacy Supporter 3
After the entangle... all you have to do it dodge the rest of the skills. When he blinks away you should be able to jump to him. Wizards have very low health. you using Impale, bash , and spear all stop the wizards warp ups and will also do around 4 hearts of damage to him alone. Know what when you can take a wizard based on the turran surrounding you. Play it smart and you can crush wizards.

szatanista

Soulsand
This post looks like something like "I died to wizard plz nerf OP". Wizard is not OP at all. As dragoon you shouldn't have any problems with wizards. Put 20-25 points in Constitution to get Magic. res. and more hp, interrupt them with bash, impale and spear and when they blink you jump after them. I have played alot of wizard and dragoon is one of the classes that are very hard to beat as wizard.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
Wizards are definitely strong against a lot of classes, although i think dragoon is one of the classes best equiped to fight them. That said . . . .

I think all "super" escape / mobility / raiding abilities (superjump, enderpearl, grapplinghook, teleport, port, groupteleport) should not be usable in combat. They are generally too easy to use to escape the majority of fights that aren't going your way. I can live with jump, backflip, blink, etc, even if it means other classes without such abilities will never kill a class with them if they just want to run away lol (Dislikes in 3... 2... 1).

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
With attributes mostly in intellect, my bolt does like 210 damage. It has like a 1.5 second warmup giving you more than enough time to interrupt. Bash, impale, and spear all interrupt spells. If you are having problems chasing a wizard as a dragoon you are doing things wrong. I have trouble running from dragons as a wizard. I would suggest a attribute build something like 20 agility, 25 cons, 25 end, and 25 strength. To kill a wizard keep on him and focus him. Unless they are in full iron your shovel will do a lot of damage. Slow them with impale and bring them back with spear.

Kk Ill mostly own all your faces off with this I have played dragoon all last map and have played against many maxed wizards this map as well I will only remember few because there are horrible wizards like this man I quoted above and then there are the ones that actually know how to play their class. Wizards are suppose to counter warrior classes, but the fact is they counter almost all classes except for maybe ninja. Wizards are extremely strong and I asked on the ts what most people believe to be the most "op" class which I got votes ONLY towards beguiler and wizard I think something has to be changed about these classes because obviously people agree these classes are broken.

Ps some of the people who said wizards are op were wizards...

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Dragoons mobility is much better than a wizard's, and that is saying a lot.
Maybe in jumping higher with superjump but a wizards blink is 10x better then a jump which is retarded but also they have ender pearls on top of that, it's funny but wizards actually have more mobility then a dragoon as long as you have a stack of redstone

I have tested this on the test server

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
People need to stop acting like Wizards can just throw ender pearls all day. They are rare and hard to come by.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
People need to stop acting like Wizards can just throw ender pearls all day. They are rare and hard to come by.
No they really aren't when I hit master lost soul I had 6 stacks of ender pearls

@Jack_Reacher
@bfittipaldi
@DuskWolfMC

None of you should be disagreeing when I have got the ender pearls in person by myself. This is exactly why the forum ratings were takin away by kids like you.

Last edited:

look_out

Legacy Supporter 3
Don't follow people into the ocean... You know how each class work. Know what fights you can take and can't. You don't have to kill every person you see.

I'm not defending wizard because i am a wizard. I'm doing it cause I play the class and sick of people saying it is op. Wizard hasn't changed in a long time you should know how to beat one by now. If you can't, i'm sorry for you. I know the weaknesses and the strengths. There are simple things the player can do to beat a wizard, but most people get too frustrated and are blinded by it. Wizards are really strong ill admit to that, but they run out of mana real quick. Pay attention to what skills they are using and use your skills to counter that.

Also, rather just saying Wizard is op. Post some numbers and fixes.

P.S. I'm the wizard that hes mad at. Before i killed him. he 2v1 and killed me and i came back and "owned" him.

Last edited:

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Templar, stop hating school—it teaches you things like grammar. It also should have taught you how to socialize normally with other humans by now.
Socializing with humans doesn't always mean the internet(probably for you I guess) and when saying your to a human they don't hear you saying your in different ways...

Also please stop trying to bring the topic off subject because you know I've been right in every post so far