• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Wizard needs a nerf

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
I'm neutral, other than agreeing with sirdemonic's wisdom comment.
It is very true that it shouldn't be giving you all your mana back with that huge mana pool that you have which is why I agree with wisdom change. But I do think that blink and fireball should have a longer cooldown so they're not able to just spam moves to kill someone like they can.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
It is very true that it shouldn't be giving you all your mana back with that huge mana pool that you have which is why I agree with wisdom change. But I do think that blink and fireball should have a longer cooldown so they're not able to just spam moves to kill someone like they can.

I agree with the wisdom change but it's 75% of your mana not 100%. Just so people get their facts right.

Blink has been nerfed twice already. You can't really spam fireball. Fireblast now has to be a ground target spell, which can also screw you and push the opponent closer to you or completely whiff. We lost shock, which while not great damage or a great skill was at least consistent damage.

Wizard has a lot less margin for error than a lot of classes. Can you miss bash, lunarlance etc and waste stam?

Last edited:

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
Wizard has a lot less margin for error than a lot of classes. Can you miss bash, lunarlance etc and waste stam?

No you cant, but i think alot of people (myself included) want more abilities for all classes that have the potential to miss with bigger throughput / effect when successfully landed. I am not sure if wizard is op or not, but i am definately jealous of the damage they can output when they can successfully land all their abilities. Hopefully more classes will continue to gain projectile / ground targetable / etc abilities - mods added a lot in last update, but some classes are still really lacking in this category.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
You have no clue about silences interrupts or slows they dont last for forever unless u have 4 people with you... God you just make yourself seem fcking retarded...
Chill out dude. Apparently you think everyone that disagrees with you is "fcking retarded". That must be a convenient little world for you to live in, because it means you never have to think about what you are saying.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
I agree with the wisdom change but it's 75% of your mana not 100%. Just so people get their facts right.

Blink has been nerfed twice already. You can't really spam fireball. Fireblast now has to be a ground target spell, which can also screw you and push the opponent closer to you or completely whiff. We lost shock, which while not great damage or a great skill was at least consistent damage.

Even if the class has been nerfed no one sees anyone difference in the nerf I see their blink still being more mobile then a dragoon which is insane. Bash can't be used on a wizard when your entangled and out of range. Bash isn't really worth the damage, but still your barely able to do it because a jump and a spear is almost out of stamina right there. Lunar lance is garbage and no one ever uses it because it is a garbage skill that does nothing but waste stamina.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Chill out dude. Apparently you think everyone that disagrees with you is "fcking retarded". That must be a convenient little world for you to live in, because it means you never have to think about what you are saying.
Nah I don't think everyone is "fck retarded" I think people like you that focus on other things then the topic on hand and don't think about what she or he is about to say are "fck retarded"

Think clearly about class moves and what they do so you can come up with valid argument

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
Even if the class has been nerfed no one sees anyone difference in the nerf I see their blink still being more mobile then a dragoon which is insane. Bash can't be used on a wizard when your entangled and out of range. Bash isn't really worth the damage, but still your barely able to do it because a jump and a spear is almost out of stamina right there. Lunar lance is garbage and no one ever uses it because it is a garbage skill that does nothing but waste stamina.

The difference was when global cooldowns were returned back to .5, wizard was restored to a much more fun and responsive class than it was.

Wizard was always more mobile than dragoon, but it costs a ton of mana and reagents to do so. Wizard has a lot of bursty speed, and it's harder to catch goons than it used to be.

Lunar lance burns 15% of my mana, doesn't miss and can be spammed (if we're saying blink is spammy). A wizard without mana is dead. Maybe you're not playing goon to it's full potential

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
No you cant, but i think alot of people (myself included) want more abilities for all classes that have the potential to miss with bigger throughput / effect when successfully landed. I am not sure if wizard is op or not, but i am definately jealous of the damage they can output when they can successfully land all their abilities. Hopefully more classes will continue to gain projectile / ground targetable / etc abilities - mods added a lot in last update, but some classes are still really lacking in this category.

Yeah, wizard just melts sometimes still, your only defense is offense and mobility. It's a tradeoff you take. Given attributes can alleviate that, but that's an issue with attributes rather than wizard since that's true of every class

If I had to change wizard, I would reduce the cooldown on blink, increase its mana cost.
I would make entangle scale on charisma, so you can't get off the super easy combos with bolt
I would make replenish scale from 50-100% with wisdom.

Wizard is one of the higher variance classes. If you're good, you can do a lot, but if you're bad or screw up just a little bit, you die.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
The difference was when global cooldowns were returned back to .5, wizard was restored to a much more fun and responsive class than it was.

Wizard was always more mobile than dragoon, but it costs a ton of mana and reagents to do so. Wizard has a lot of bursty speed, and it's harder to catch goons than it used to be.

Lunar lance burns 15% of my mana, doesn't miss and can be spammed (if we're saying blink is spammy). A wizard without mana is dead. Maybe you're not playing goon to it's full potential
Lunar lance does 40 damage has a 8-12 cd burns 6 stamina bars and is not worth because by the time all your mana is gone I'm dead and you have to just replinish. And it makes no sense for a wizard to be more mobile then a dragoon @Kainzo is this suppose to be true?

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Yeah, wizard just melts sometimes still, your only defense is offense and mobility. It's a tradeoff you take. Given attributes can alleviate that, but that's an issue with attributes rather than wizard since that's true of every class

If I had to change wizard, I would reduce the cooldown on blink, increase its mana cost.
I would make entangle scale on charisma, so you can't get off the super easy combos with bolt
I would make replenish scale from 50-100% with wisdom.

Reduce the cooldown on blink are you on crack? It's already low enough I don't care how much mana it cost it should be raised instead of lowered.

I just think that when you lower cooldown on blink then they would win in 1v1s without any competition because you don't need to replinish to win a 1v1 with your mana pool

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
Reduce the cooldown on blink are you on crack? It's already low enough I don't care how much mana it cost it should be raised instead of lowered.

It's a tradeoff you take. Wizard was quicker before than it is now. People are faster now than they were because of agility. It doesn't cost goon anything to run away from a fight, because stamina replenishes quickly. I often burn half my mana pool blinking down a goon. Blink used to have an 8 sec cd and it was a fine amount of mobility then.

Goon shouldn't always have a free getaway no matter what you do.

Replenish isn't as much mana as you think it is. Lunar lance = a blink and a fireball gone every time

Last edited:

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Still confused why you guys are complaining... Ever though that maybe JUST maybe it's not their class, but yours? Maybe dragoons' jump doesn't scale enough?
Either way, as long as you guys use your emotions and not facts, you'll never come to a resolution.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Still confused why you guys are complaining... Ever though that maybe JUST maybe it's not their class, but yours? Maybe dragoons' jump doesn't scale enough?
Either way, as long as you guys use your emotions and not facts, you'll never come to a resolution.
It is but it also isn't agility scales like shit after 15 and agility doesn't increase movement speed by a noticeable amount at all. While anyone who I ask that doesn't play dragoon still agrees that wizard is the most broken class right now.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
It's a tradeoff you take. Wizard was quicker before than it is now. People are faster now than they were because of agility. It doesn't cost goon anything to run away from a fight, because stamina replenishes quickly. I often burn half my mana pool blinking down a goon. Blink used to have an 8 sec cd and it was a fine amount of mobility then.

Goon shouldn't always have a free getaway no matter what you do.

Replenish isn't as much mana as you think it is. Lunar lance = a blink and a fireball gone every time
But you don't understand with your mana pool you can easily burst me down to 3 hearts within the first 5 seconds and then would I be lucky enough to get a spear off before you blink away like 5 times or maybe you will get a fireball off and kill me.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
But you don't understand with your mana pool you can easily burst me down to 3 hearts within the first 5 seconds and then would I be lucky enough to get a spear off before you blink away like 5 times or maybe you will get a fireball off and kill me.

I'm assuming this is root, bolt, icebolt, fireball, fireblast, megabolt(?). If you get that combo off sure, you do a lot of damage, but then you have someone who's really close to you and wizard doesn't take hits super well.

What are you doing for the 3-4 seconds after root where I'm standing still at about 10 blocks away from you? You should either get out of bolt range and run or beat my face in. Dragoon can do that much damage to me too with just their shovel if they close on me, which they usually do because I have to stand still
Or you should try not 1v1s. Wizard is good at 1v1s but in 2v2s, warmups will often kill you. In 2v2s, you should never let a wizard get a free bolt off.

The thing is people see the big burst damage and see that they're low and run away, which is what the wizard wants. I can't do any real damage for another 5-10 seconds anyway. Instead they should be smacking up the wizard and not letting him get any more damage in since you're really close to the wizard at that point anyway. If the wizard blinks away, you can use the opportunity to run away more if you want, it's not like he can chase until it's off cd

A wizard can't take you from 100-0 all that fast, if you tank the damage and use the space you gained to go mess up the wizard, you'll do a lot better.

I think part of the issue you're having is that wiz v goon in a 1v1 open world scenario favors the magic wielding wizard, not as much as you might think, but it does. I have a lot of trouble vs healing classes, ranger/ninja/runeblade, or beguilers, necros. There are matchups in which you do better than others, this is one wizard is relatively good at, because most goons lean so heavily on trying to run away rather than use their consistent dps from their shovel and skills.

Last edited: