• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Ranger's

PernixPike

Legacy Supporter 4
Wouldn't you defend your class from being destroyed?
REALLY NOW? xD Of course we're defending our class... we have firsthand experience and we believe that a nerf isn't necessary for rangers. Bet you would do the same if we assaulted your class. There will always be those that oppose.
A few problems here...

First of all Bard is shit and everyone knows it, I'd laugh if people tried to get it nerfed.

I've mastered Ranger just like you guys and I also have firsthand experience. A nerf of Hp/armor would not destroy your class, it would balance it. I understand that you would rather have your class be overpowered than balanced, but it's not fair to other players. No offence Golden, but I doubt you've been on the server long enough or mastered enough classes to understand how Ranger actually compares.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
It's the only class you have played, of course you don't know what it's like to be a caster. You saying ranger's are not overpowered is like saying firewave was not overpowered when it first came out.
Hahaha, the ranger class is no way equivalent to firewave in the beginning.

PernixPike

Legacy Supporter 4
Don't just disagree with my posts, tell me why my ideas are wrong. Explain to me why Ranger needs some of the highest hp in the game, along with decent armor. Ranger's are a spec of rogue, they should have high damage and weak armor/health, not high damage and great armor/health.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Why would bard be nerfed? It already is the worst support. Every major class I have played this map was nerfed- Dragoon=impale Geomancer= EVERYTHING Disciple= Ironfist, forcepush/forcepull, HP. I didn't defend them, I thought they were overpowered and deserved to be nerfed.
Disciples were nerfed much much more than that :p

I am a ranger and not even mastered and I think we're on the overpowered side. There is no reason we need as much defense as we have. Rogues are not supposed to have as much health as a warrior. Shouldn't we be punished for having shitty aim by dying fast, not be rewarded by tanking damage and almost killing people in one go with a good point-blank arrowstorm?

If you really think we don't need a health/armor nerf then you must suck at aiming and let people get in close to you all the damn time to beat you up. In general rangers beat casters so the only people that the tankyness matters to is warriors that don't get the opportunity to punish bad rangers for missing and bad rangers who let warriors beat them up.

bedbreath

Glowstone
Ok hears my bit... Uhmmm I hate to agree with the kid but aburido had a reasonable solution that I think is fair , in trading chain chest and chain legs for chain hat and booties. As I good ranger can keep certain classes from touching it. But let's go through what a ranger will and will not typically beat in 1v1's.

Disciple - a toss up the one with a better strategy will win with a slight advantage leaning towards the ranger (can be easily overcomed tho)
Other healing classes- easy win (unsure of bloodmage)
Geomancer- huge advantage ranger
Wizard - even bigger advantage ranger
Beguiler- adv ranger but a good beguiler can definatly win
Necromancer - adv for the necro here, if ranger can't sink it's first or second shot it's easily shut down
Bard - adv ranger but not by a lot quicken with the right strafing can beat a fully equipped ranger (and they shouldn't really have a chance being a support class)
Ninja- toss up depending if the ranger can sink his first 2 shots evenly matched
Thief - not enought experience but it's similar too ninja probably weaker though
Dragoon - this one depends on the equipment of the ranger. Using kb2 and p2 a ranger can win more often
Samurai - significant advantage Sammy unless ranger is hitting 80%+ acc (very hard to do consistently)
Dread knight- significant advantage to the dj
Paladin - not even a question paladin adv.

Now as far as 1v1s go rangers will beat more then they lose to but were including 4 healing classes which I believe shouldnt count (disc is a huge toss up up so we can ignore that. 2 more classes are support and shouldn't win anyway. The rest of rogue classes are fairly even but there definatly is a small adv overall there for rangers. Other Mage classes are easily beaten besides necro and most warrior classes easily beat rangers with the exception of dragoon. This presents a fairly evenly matched class in my opinion, giving it a somewhat decent advantage is most 1v1's. The thing is, and why I don't think it shouldn't be nerfed at all is how it performs in group fights. Rangers become significantly underpowered in a skirmish becoming almost squishy and easily defeated as fights usually quickly become short ranged and a ranger has no way of keeping its distance besides running, it's almost better to melee (which doesn't do shit) as pulling back the bow will get u ganked very quickly. not to mention accuracy is quickly deminished by probably 50% or more as hitting your team members instead becomes a hugee problem. This makes them the complete opposite of bards/beguilers as a ranger is a strong solo class but a fairly weak team class. And this is why ranger is good where it's at.

Aburido_burrito

Legacy Supporter 4
Ok hears my bit... Uhmmm I hate to agree with the kid but aburido had a reasonable solution that I think is fair , in trading chain chest and chain legs for chain hat and booties. As I good ranger can keep certain classes from touching it. But let's go through what a ranger will and will not typically beat in 1v1's.

Disciple - a toss up the one with a better strategy will win with a slight advantage leaning towards the ranger (can be easily overcomed tho)
Necromancer - adv for the necro here, if ranger can't sink it's first or second shot it's easily shut down
Bard - adv ranger but not by a lot quicken with the right strafing can beat a fully equipped ranger (and they shouldn't really have a chance being a support class)
Ninja- toss up depending if the ranger can sink his first 2 shots evenly matched
Thief - not enought experience but it's similar too ninja probably weaker though
Dragoon - this one depends on the equipment of the ranger. Using kb2 and p2 a ranger can win more often
Samurai - significant advantage Sammy unless ranger is hitting 80%+ acc (very hard to do consistently)

Now as far as 1v1s go rangers will beat more then they lose to but were including 4 healing classes which I believe shouldnt count (disc is a huge toss up up so we can ignore that. 2 more classes are support and shouldn't win anyway. The rest of rogue classes are fairly even but there definatly is a small adv overall there for rangers. Other Mage classes are easily beaten besides necro and most warrior classes easily beat rangers with the exception of dragoon. This presents a fairly evenly matched class in my opinion, giving it a somewhat decent advantage is most 1v1's. The thing is, and why I don't think it shouldn't be nerfed at all is how it performs in group fights. Rangers become significantly underpowered in a skirmish becoming almost squishy and easily defeated as fights usually quickly become short ranged and a ranger has no way of keeping its distance besides running, it's almost better to melee (which doesn't do shit) as pulling back the bow will get u ganked very quickly. not to mention accuracy is quickly deminished by probably 50% or more as hitting your team members instead becomes a hugee problem. This makes them the complete opposite of bards/beguilers as a ranger is a strong solo class but a fairly weak team class. And this is why ranger is good where it's at.
The only problem I have with the advantage section of this is Geomancer. If a geo beats a ranger, i'm sorry but that ranger sucks. Geo is on the UP side at the moment.

PernixPike

Legacy Supporter 4

You make some very good points here, and I'll have to agree with most of it. I would still like to see slightly lower hp/armor on Rangers because all rogues are ment to be high damage but squishy. Currently ranger is acting more like a warrior with a bow.

(I bet I'm the only Bard that can beat a ranger under most circumstances :p)

Aburido_burrito

Legacy Supporter 4
You make some very good points here, and I'll have to agree with most of it. I would still like to see slightly lower hp/armor on Rangers because all rogues are ment to be high damage but squishy. Currently ranger is acting more like a warrior with a bow.

And a skill that spam's arrow's that can one shot caster's.

bedbreath

Glowstone

Lol you pretty much are the one of the only bards that do know how 1v1. And I agree with you I shouldn't have to resort to tanking in a skirmish ever really. My solution is for a backflip and/or camo that acts similar to smoke to be added in return for nerfed axe damage , nerf armor to leather and/or nerfed hp. This will not only prevent arrowstorm from being used if a ranger has to resort to using these skill but will emphasize using ones bow + skills to avoid combat and still be able to fight like a true rogue class.

Aburido_burrito

Legacy Supporter 4
Lol you pretty much are the one of the only bards that do know how 1v1. And I agree with you I shouldn't have to resort to tanking in a skirmish ever really. My solution is for a backflip and/or camo that acts similar to smoke to be added in return for nerfed axe damage , nerf armor to leather and/or nerfed hp. This will not only prevent arrowstorm from being used if a ranger has to resort to using these skill but will emphasize using ones bow + skills to avoid combat and still be able to fight like a true rogue class.
I don't see how nerfed axe damage solves anything at hand, if it was bow damage, sure, but axe's are not what's overpowered right now. Plus, Backflip is not needed, arrowstorm+kick+slapping the target with your axe get's you enough ground.

bedbreath

Glowstone
I don't see how nerfed axe damage solves anything at hand, if it was bow damage, sure, but axe's are not what's overpowered right now.
Firstly a direct with an 8 arrow arrow storm and hitting each and every arrow(at 80hp per arrow) is very very unlikely unless properly coupled with other class skills (just like double harm touch). Still the odds are not very likely. I said reduce axe damage to prevent emphasis of tanking in a skirmish. I ALSO mentioned nerfed armor and hp... Nerfed axe dmg was just an additional solution to promote balance...

Aburido_burrito

Legacy Supporter 4
Firstly a direct with an 8 arrow arrow storm and hitting each and every arrow(at 80hp per arrow) is very very unlikely unless properly coupled with other class skills (just like double harm touch). Still the odds are not very likely. I said reduce axe damage to prevent emphasis of tanking in a skirmish. I ALSO mentioned nerfed armor and hp... Nerfed axe dmg was just an additional solution to promote balance...
I'm just saying if anyone get's close all you have to do is arrow storm and boom, half the target's hp is gone.

bedbreath

Glowstone
I'm just saying if anyone get's close all you have to do is arrow storm and boom, half the target's hp is gone.

Yes but they have to be aimed properly. Typically I only take off a heart maybeee two on warrior classes when I get 80% of my arrows in. Wearing full leather would help u significantly. (it just needs to be more easily obtained IMO)

@bedbreath

You did about 3 on me, but I did eat all of the arrows from that arrowstorm. Arrowstorm has been pretty much nerfed down if I could take all those arrows and still take bed down. Not including the damage he did before and after the fight.

Aburido_burrito

Legacy Supporter 4
Yes but they have to be aimed properly. Typically I only take off a heart maybeee two on warrior classes when I get 80% of my arrows in. Wearing full leather would help u significantly. (it just needs to be more easily obtained IMO)
Arrow storm on @Jinder745 got him from full-three hearts, and he is a master'ed dk.