• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Ranger's

Goddamn it Aburido... it's "rangers" not "ranger's"... an apostrophe indicates possession. Every time I see you type it like that (which is EVERY SINGLE TIME), my eyes bleed. So please stop.

On topic:
Haven't played ranger that long, but I can say this: a ranger's skill is almost completely dependent on his aim. We must predict the opponent's movements and then correctly determine the trajectory of the x and y axes at which we must let our arrows loose. You have to take this into account; our bows aren't homing missile launchers nor are they guns which shoot bullets that fly straight. Our arrows move in a parabolic pattern, and thus it is in no way guaranteed damage. Furthermore, for our bow attacks to be as efficient as possible, we must also charge the bow up, effectively creating a cooldown window for the brunt of our damage, albeit admittedly short. The damage makes up for the potential misses, which happen very often if the opponent is very skilled at strafing.

In conclusion, learn to strafe and deal with it.

Aburido_burrito

Legacy Supporter 4
Goddamn it Aburido... it's "rangers" not "ranger's"... an apostrophe indicates possession. Every time I see you type it like that (which is EVERY SINGLE TIME), my eyes bleed. So please stop.

On topic:
Haven't played ranger that long, but I can say this: a ranger's skill is almost completely dependent on his aim. We must predict the opponent's movements and then correctly determine the trajectory of the x and y axes at which we must let our arrows loose. You have to take this into account; our bows aren't homing missile launchers nor are they guns which shoot bullets that fly straight. Our arrows move in a parabolic pattern, and thus it is in no way guaranteed damage. Furthermore, for our bow attacks to be as efficient as possible, we must also charge the bow up, effectively creating a cooldown window for the brunt of our damage, albeit admittedly short. The damage makes up for the potential misses, which happen very often if the opponent is very skilled at strafing.

In conclusion, learn to strafe and deal with it.
People seem to forget, caster's have thing's called warm ups. It slows you and if you are hit it breaks the warm up. Also the skills have a small range, so you have to get up close to use skills.

You did it again... "casters" not "caster's"; "things" not "thing's"

I see you attempted to argue my last point. However your point is moot because this is an objective discussion of the alleged "overpowered-ness" of the ranger class, and is not, as you seem to believe, a comparison with the caster class.

Aburido_burrito

Legacy Supporter 4
You did it again... "casters" not "caster's"; "things" not "thing's"

I see you attempted to argue my last point. However your point is moot because this is an objective discussion of the alleged "overpowered-ness" of the ranger class, and is not, as you seem to believe, a comparison with the caster class.
I shall not bow down to thee great grammar Nazi.

You forgot a comma. And you accidentally added in a "not." It should be: "I shall bow down to thee, great grammar Nazi." And yes, you will. I'm glad you accept defeat :D

PernixPike

Legacy Supporter 4
Let's stay on topic.

Golden, have you mastered Ranger yet? Bowstrength hardly makes arrows shoot in your "parabolic" pattern, rather it makes them shoot much straighter and faster, more similar to a bullet. Ranger still takes skill to aim, but much less after reaching level 60.

No, I admit I haven't. I was speaking from my standpoint as a level 43 ranger. However, bowstrength is just one of the perquisites of mastering the ranger class, is it not? Every class should get a good skill for mastery. I understand what you're saying, but I'm still not convinced that we need nerfing.

Aburido_burrito

Legacy Supporter 4
No, I admit I haven't. I was speaking from my standpoint as a level 43 ranger. However, bowstrength is just one of the perquisites of mastering the ranger class, is it not? Every class should get a good skill for mastery. I understand what you're saying, but I'm still not convinced that we need nerfing.
I don't think each arrow damage need's a nerf, I think armor/hp need's a nerf. and the only skill I think need's a nerf is arrow storm. Even though you shouldn't be able to hit off every arrow, it still does way too much damage for 305 per arrow.

PernixPike

Legacy Supporter 4
You're right, every class deserves a good skill for mastering. It's not the bowstrength alone that makes rangers good, it's the amazing damage output they have coupled with good armor and some of the best HP in the game. Rogues are ment to be high damage, and low survivability, but rangers excel in both categories. They can keep the damage that they have, but they need to lose some armor and health.

Dismays

Legacy Supporter 9
I don't think pernixpixie and aburrito burrito understand the concept of pros/cons.

Also, you should want to learn how to correctly structure a sentence, and punctuation isn't about grammar, grammar is about punctuation.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Who's milljinta? Never heard of him. Also the ONLY people who will disagree on this thread are ranger's.
Millejinta started playing the day before I did. He was a SiC of the active town Camelot for nearly the entire time he played on Zeal. He played as (OP Zeal) cleric and keeled shit on North Road. After the map wipe, he was my companion in the making of Lightforge, Canterlot and Belegost. He has been a Co-Mayor of two towns (currently Co-mayor of Belegost) He mastered Mason, Ranger and Thief and is currently a master Ranger. He spend most his time building or hanging with his friends in Belegost and pvp not very often. He's a peaceful player and can truly call himself Good aligned. All in all, he is the one who should say "Who is Aburido?" xD

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
I don't think pernixpixie and aburrito burrito understand the concept of pros/cons.

Also, you should want to learn how to correctly structure a sentence, and punctuation isn't about grammar, grammar is about punctuation.
Thank you for your amazing contrutive critizm cuz this is the internet and no one cares.

On topic:
I think the pros of the rangers dmg, hp, and armor, definitly outweigh the cons of aiming an arrow with arrowstorm and bowstrength.

PernixPike

Legacy Supporter 4

I don't think Dismays understands the point of the suggestions forum.

EtKEnn has the right idea, Ranger has no need for 4th best HP in the game with the high damage output they have.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Unless Ranger gets a HP nerf, i'll switch to ranger from Samurai so I can tank better.