• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Ranger's

itzmak

Legacy Supporter 7
Truthfully i think a ranger can beat about 50% of the classes even without using skills(Excluding bowstrength) due to their insane basic bow damage. Being a disciple i seem to not have much of a problem against rangers due to forcepull, but i also agree with @Tjundis that rangers should NOT be able to use knockback 2 swords, they already have arrowstorm and punch 2 for bows. I think maybe a small nerf in health and basic bow damage would keep the ranger more reliant on skills and would make them have to shoot more-thus putting their aim to the test.
Dont forget to mention their armor. Chain chest and legs - the fuck is with that?

Nubberr

Coal
The biggest problem I have had with rangers is punch bows. Being a caster, I don't care about armor but punch bows make a ranger so much better. They make it so if a ranger only hits one out of 5 arrows, it is enough because the opponent gets knocked back to where he/she started from. This makes it so even if I strafe many arrows, if just one arrow hits me all of my work is lost. From my experience 1v1ing rangers, a ranger with punch II and a ranger without it are like two different classes in terms of strength. The punch II bow makes it so aim no longer needs to be as good because of the reset the punch bow gives. This combined with bowstrength and a ranger's damage and armor makes it a class that is too strong with no weaknesses for other people to use to defeat it.

Nubberr

Coal
I think they should either be removed or something should be nerfed to compensate for them. If bowstrength was nerfed the decreased speed of the arrows would suffice or if damage/tanking ability were nerfed then ranger would be more balanced.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I'd say just remove arrowstorm if everyone hates it. It's not OP, it's just a broken skill that's not as useful as it once was.

I'd say just remove arrowstorm if everyone hates it. It's not OP, it's just a broken skill that's not as useful as it once was.
Or even better. Nerf it to the ground some MORE! Make each arrow do 20dmg each and have punch II effect. But remove the enchantment for punch II. :D

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I would also like to mention something about arrowstorm; if you are moving in directions that aren't directly towards the ranger, it's tough to do large amounts of damage with it. Just don't be following a ranger into a 1x2 tunnel, or you're going to have a bad time.
Meh, in a tunnel: Ranger use arrowstorm, I use bladegrasp + One and wack the ranger with my sword.