• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Ranger's

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Even with good arrow storm's that will do half a caster's health. Arrow storm first should require a bow, and not be able to combine with poison and fire.
Agree'd, arrowstorm should not be a skill that you rely on the damage for but it should simply be the skill that gets you out of sticky situations. Atm it is mostly used for the damage aspect, they use it for the damage not the knockback portion like they should.

Aburido_burrito

Legacy Supporter 4
Bowstrength is stupid, it make's it to where anyone can be ranger because its much easier to aim arrow's, PLUS it gives arrow's more damage. In my eye's it should be removed or arrowstorm.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Bowstrength is stupid, it make's it to where anyone can be ranger because its much easier to aim arrow's, PLUS it gives arrow's more damage. In my eye's it should be removed or arrowstorm.
Let's just remove the ranger class while were at it.

Haha, but all kidding aside - bowstrength is a great level 60 skill. It's very rewarding after the long trek to 60 to get. Only takes a day or so to get used to the switch from no bowstrength to bowstrength, but it's very helpful. It's a bit easier to aim, but not everyone is capable of aiming well. I'd prefer/appreciate you to experience first hand ranger before you start criticizing a ranger's aim.

Aburido_burrito

Legacy Supporter 4
Let's just remove the ranger class while were at it.

Haha, but all kidding aside - bowstrength is a great level 60 skill. It's very rewarding after the long trek to 60 to get. Only takes a day or so to get used to the switch from no bowstrength to bowstrength, but it's very helpful. It's a bit easier to aim, but not everyone is capable of aiming well. I'd prefer/appreciate you to experience first hand ranger before you start criticizing a ranger's aim.
I'd prefer/appreciate you to experience first hand caster classes against ranger before you say your class is balanced.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Aburido I respect you as a player and a community member but you have no idea how to use the possessive apostrophe.

I think ranger should keep bowstrength but rely more on elemental/poison arrows. That would require timing and skill versus easy mode: aim and shoot them super hard in the face.

itzmak

Legacy Supporter 7
You know what confuses me? Why bowstrength makes the arrow fly completely straight. Bowstrength should just do what the skill is called, make the bow stronger. How is a bow hard to use when the arrow just goes straight to where the cursor is?

Aburido_burrito

Legacy Supporter 4
Aburido I respect you as a player and a community member but you have no idea how to use the possessive apostrophe.

I think ranger should keep bowstrength but rely more on elemental/poison arrows. That would require timing and skill versus easy mode: aim and shoot them super hard in the face.
First, I don't give a shit about apostrophe. Second, both are very good skills, I personally think if they lost one of them it wouldn't change the class much because they are both great skills.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
My prediction is that ranger will be nerfed to the ground, at this point. The most frustrating thing about ranger is that we have 1 PvP skill, 1. Sure, you could say "Barrage" - but arrowstorm is the only thing we have besides shooting our bow. If bowstrength was to be lost, we desperately need another active skill.

Aburido_burrito

Legacy Supporter 4
My prediction is that ranger will be nerfed to the ground, at this point. The most frustrating thing about ranger is that we have 1 PvP skill, 1. Sure, you could say "Barrage" - but arrowstorm is the only thing we have besides shooting our bow. If bowstrength was to be lost, we desperately need another active skill.
You have more than one PvP skill- kick, firearrow, poison arrow, arrow storm, Bow Strength. If you lost Bow Strength you would be back to where you were 59 level's before.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
You have more than one PvP skill- kick, firearrow, poison arrow, arrow storm, Bow Strength. If you lost Bow Strength you would be back to where you were 59 level's before.
Haha, kick sort of counts but is rarely used because we're rangers after all and use distance to our advantage, firearrow and poisonarrow are passive and not active, bowstrength is passive. That leaves arrowstorm.

All I'm saying is that you shouldn't be mad if you just haven't learned how to strafe.

Aburido_burrito

Legacy Supporter 4
Haha, kick sort of counts but is rarely used because we're rangers after all and use distance to our advantage, firearrow and poisonarrow are passive and not active, bowstrength is passive. That leaves arrowstorm.

All I'm saying is that you shouldn't be mad if you just haven't learned how to strafe.
I'm just saying if you lost Bow Strength and if you can aim it wouldn't affect you at all, if you are bad at aiming you shouldn't be rewarded with straight arrows.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
I'm just saying if you lost Bow Strength and if you can aim it wouldn't affect you at all, if you are bad at aiming you shouldn't be rewarded with straight arrows.
Bow strength is unneeded. A lvl 60 ranger could beat a lvl 59 ranger even if the lvl 59 had twice as good aim because bow strength makes it easy to hit someone

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
How bout we test these changes for a X amount of weeks, and if they are not good, retweak them and repeat

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
After all it's not up to us, but to the staff and balance team.

They are the people who need to figure out if a change really is nececeary and needed, and if the class can handle a change whitout being crushed...

I doubt a change will happend as a temp one.

Tjundis

ICE ICE ICE!
Having played as and against a ranger, I think a small hp nerf might be necessary, and I don't believe rangers should be able to use knockback gold, stone, or wooden swords.

I would also like to mention something about arrowstorm; if you are moving in directions that aren't directly towards the ranger, it's tough to do large amounts of damage with it. Just don't be following a ranger into a 1x2 tunnel, or you're going to have a bad time.

Pies207

Legacy Supporter 4
Truthfully i think a ranger can beat about 50% of the classes even without using skills(Excluding bowstrength) due to their insane basic bow damage. Being a disciple i seem to not have much of a problem against rangers due to forcepull, but i also agree with @Tjundis that rangers should NOT be able to use knockback 2 swords, they already have arrowstorm and punch 2 for bows. I think maybe a small nerf in health and basic bow damage would keep the ranger more reliant on skills and would make them have to shoot more-thus putting their aim to the test.