• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Ranger's

bedbreath

Glowstone
Poison arrow and your arrowstorm might not of been a good one.

Not possible I reduced him to 3 1\2 hearts with one arrow storm as I hit him with probably about 5 arrowsat least which would do twice the dmg of even the most powerful arrowstorm (and Im pretty sure I hit with a decent amount more direct arrows than that) I feel like now your just stretching and exaggerating details to get the class nerfed

Aburido, we understand that this class could be slightly overpowered, but your exaggerations show your desperation in trying to get the class nerfed. Stick to the facts, don't bend it.

Jinder745

Obsidian
Ok hears my bit... Uhmmm I hate to agree with the kid but aburido had a reasonable solution that I think is fair , in trading chain chest and chain legs for chain hat and booties. As I good ranger can keep certain classes from touching it. But let's go through what a ranger will and will not typically beat in 1v1's.

Disciple - a toss up the one with a better strategy will win with a slight advantage leaning towards the ranger (can be easily overcomed tho)
Other healing classes- easy win (unsure of bloodmage)
Geomancer- huge advantage ranger
Wizard - even bigger advantage ranger
Beguiler- adv ranger but a good beguiler can definatly win
Necromancer - adv for the necro here, if ranger can't sink it's first or second shot it's easily shut down
Bard - adv ranger but not by a lot quicken with the right strafing can beat a fully equipped ranger (and they shouldn't really have a chance being a support class)
Ninja- toss up depending if the ranger can sink his first 2 shots evenly matched
Thief - not enought experience but it's similar too ninja probably weaker though
Dragoon - this one depends on the equipment of the ranger. Using kb2 and p2 a ranger can win more often
Samurai - significant advantage Sammy unless ranger is hitting 80%+ acc (very hard to do consistently)
Dread knight- significant advantage to the dj
Paladin - not even a question paladin adv.

Now as far as 1v1s go rangers will beat more then they lose to but were including 4 healing classes which I believe shouldnt count (disc is a huge toss up up so we can ignore that. 2 more classes are support and shouldn't win anyway. The rest of rogue classes are fairly even but there definatly is a small adv overall there for rangers. Other Mage classes are easily beaten besides necro and most warrior classes easily beat rangers with the exception of dragoon. This presents a fairly evenly matched class in my opinion, giving it a somewhat decent advantage is most 1v1's. The thing is, and why I don't think it shouldn't be nerfed at all is how it performs in group fights. Rangers become significantly underpowered in a skirmish becoming almost squishy and easily defeated as fights usually quickly become short ranged and a ranger has no way of keeping its distance besides running, it's almost better to melee (which doesn't do shit) as pulling back the bow will get u ganked very quickly. not to mention accuracy is quickly deminished by probably 50% or more as hitting your team members instead becomes a hugee problem. This makes them the complete opposite of bards/beguilers as a ranger is a strong solo class but a fairly weak team class. And this is why ranger is good where it's at.
My good sir. Are you aware that your balanced class can 5-6 hit 80% of these class's.

Good day!

Jinder745

Obsidian
I'm a mastered Dreadknight too ._.

Say, Aburido_burrito...were there any elemental buffs on the ranger's arrow that hit Jinder? And was this before or after the patch that nerfed arrowstorm?
This was today. I ate 6-7 arrows that did have the element of poison.

Jinder745

Obsidian
Not possible I reduced him to 3 1\2 hearts with one arrow storm as I hit him with probably about 5 arrowsat least which would do twice the dmg of even the most powerful arrowstorm (and Im pretty sure I hit with a decent amount more direct arrows than that) I feel like now your just stretching and exaggerating details to get the class nerfed
I did drop that low off an Arrow storm but maybe you did hit me with an arrow before. But it's still a hella huge amount of damage output

Sure I had Diamond Helm and boots and Iron chest plate and leggings
There has to be something wrong in the results...I had about the same experience as you, yet the outcome is completely different. How about we get some people and test this out to be sure?

Jinder745

Obsidian
There has to be something wrong in the results...I had about the same experience as you, yet the outcome is completely different. How about we get some people and test this out to be sure?
We have, Eagles shot me with an arrow storm and he just dropped my ass down to 3 1/2 hearts but I'm free tomorrow if you and some people want to test

Jinder745

Obsidian
Thank you for your amazing contrutive critizm cuz this is the internet and no one cares.

On topic:
I think the pros of the rangers dmg, hp, and armor, definitly outweigh the cons of aiming an arrow with arrowstorm and bowstrength.
Mad gucci Secretly we are gay Kwaaaang <3

Jinder745

Obsidian
After rangers get nerfed again, what will you guys complaining about them next? Maybe their skill gills? A lot of people swore if rangers arrowstorm got nerfed, they will be balanced and people will be able to beat them. You guys are just trying to nerf rangers down to nothing so that they won't be a threat to anyone. People don't understand the concept that rangers aren't op. If you are really STILL complaining about rangers after the nerf, you just suck at pvp and that's why you can't kill them.
Are you aware we go out everyday and pvp getting 30 or more kills a day and i've never seen you get one.

bedbreath

Glowstone
We have, Eagles shot me with an arrow storm and he just dropped my ass down to 3 1/2 hearts but I'm free tomorrow if you and some people want to test
I would like to see this and you must remember it is very very difficult to sink all arrows into an opponent on an open wilderness environment

Jinder745

Obsidian
I would like to see this and you must remember it is very very difficult to sink all arrows into an opponent on an open wilderness environment
True but the way I see it is most rangers get up in your face beat you with there 70dmg axe (Which is high) and fire arrows in your face