• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Ranger's

Aburido_burrito

Legacy Supporter 4
I understand that rangers are supposed to be caster killer's, but shooting three arrows at a caster and killing them is unbalanced.
  • Ranger's have 975 max HP (15 less than samurai). This is far too much considering the massive amount of damage a ranger does.
  • Arrow's do 170 damage per arrow (no buff's) - Ranger's only use poison arrow when they get it so I will leave out firearrow- Poison arrow does 21 damage every 2 seconds for 10 seconds, so combined with arrow damage each arrow does 275 damage. This allows rangers to three shot any caster.
  • Arrowstorm is a skill based on luck getting anywhere from 3-12 arrows. I got arrowstormed the other day and it got me from full-half a heart instantly. I'm a necromancer with 747 max HP. Arrowstorm should have the arrow's damage that it uses reduced because ranger's already do an insane about of damage with arrows.
With this said, either nerf their damage or nerf their max HP because they can kill pretty much any class way too fast.
*EDIT* when rangers get bowstrength they do 200 with normal arrows. So 305 per poison arrow.
*edit* these value's were taken from the wiki

Bingy1218

Legacy Supporter 4
I agree on 2 things that hp needs to be decreased a tiny bit and arrow storm needs some form of tweak which I can't put my finger on :/

PernixPike

Legacy Supporter 4
Rangers kill Bards in 4 arrows, not counting Arrowstorm. They have the most health of any rogue class and armor almost on par with a Bard, yet they do as much damage as a Ninja. Doesn't seem right to me.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I understand that rangers are supposed to be caster killer's, but shooting three arrows at a caster and killing them is unbalanced.
  • Ranger's have 975 max HP (15 less than samurai). This is far too much considering the massive amount of damage a ranger does.
  • Arrow's do 170 damage per arrow (no buff's) - Ranger's only use poison arrow when they get it so I will leave out firearrow- Poison arrow does 21 damage every 2 seconds for 10 seconds, so combined with arrow damage each arrow does 275 damage. This allows rangers to three shot any caster.
  • Arrowstorm is a skill based on luck getting anywhere from 3-12 arrows. I got arrowstormed the other day and it got me from full-half a heart instantly. I'm a necromancer with 747 max HP. Arrowstorm should have the arrow's damage that it uses reduced because ranger's already do an insane about of damage with arrows.
With this said, either nerf their damage or nerf their max HP because they can kill pretty much any class way too fast.
*EDIT* when rangers get bowstrength they do 200 with normal arrows. So 305 per poison arrow.
Hmmph. Did I crush your spirits again? Anyways... Onto the problem at hand.

So. This caster killer stigma appears, again. Personally, I'm easily able to 1v1 wizards and beguilers. Haven't had enough opportunities for geomancers. Necros, on the other hand, are hard kills in 1v1s for me. I could get into the issues with harmshield, but I'll save that for another time. This in mind, 2-3/4 of the caster specs are generally easy kills for a ranger.

Wrong. Ranger has 995 max HP. This is not far too much, and is actually quite proportional to the damage we do. Rangers aren't necessarily a squishy class, but they are if you get into melee range with them they are for the most part.

You've seem to forget that other players aren't just target dummies. People don't just stand still and let you get 3 shots in (by the way - 3 shots is not enough to kill any class in the game currently). There are things called "skills" which can assist you offensively or defensively, making the odds of a battle turn at times one way or the other.

So, this. Arrowstorm does around 80 damage per arrow, and most often shoots 3-4 arrows and sometimes even ends prematurely (after shooting only 1-2 arrows). This skill was already nerf to the ground, to some extent properly, but perhaps even too much. Full to half a heart you say? Bullshit, I might add. Arrowstorm does 2-4 hearts at MOST these days. I RARELY get any meat from my arrowstorms, and are typically not even useful anymore unless you’re chasing someone or pushing someone away.

I don’t think you have yet to understand/grasp that not all rangers have good aim. Most have bad to medium aim. They can kill classes quickly, if they get every hit in (obviously – you don’t get hit with 5 arrows in real life and survive).

By the way, don't think I'm stupid, I know you're trying to get my class nerfed again to piss me off, like last time. Just because there's a few people with good aim with a bow on the server doesn't mean the class needs to be nerfed. Grow up and don’t cry when someone can kill you in a 1v1. Don't make up BS to get people to sway your way. Thanks!

PernixPike

Legacy Supporter 4
Ranger should not have 995 hp with the armor they have. Damage output of 305 per arrows is NOT proportional to 1k health + Decent armor. It's not the fact that they can kill casters, it's the fact that with a punch bow they can make quick work of Warriors, or any spec for that matter.

itzmak

Legacy Supporter 7

So. This caster killer stigma appears, again. Personally, I'm easily able to 1v1 wizards and beguilers. Haven't had enough opportunities for geomancers. Necros, on the other hand, are hard kills in 1v1s for me. I could get into the issues with harmshield, but I'll save that for another time. This in mind, 2-3/4 of the caster specs are generally easy kills for a ranger.

Wrong. Ranger has 995 max HP. This is not far too much, and is actually quite proportional to the damage we do. Rangers aren't necessarily a squishy class, but they are if you get into melee range with them they are for the most part.

You've seem to forget that other players aren't just target dummies. People don't just stand still and let you get 3 shots in (by the way - 3 shots is not enough to kill any class in the game currently). There are things called "skills" which can assist you offensively or defensively, making the odds of a battle turn at times one way or the other.

So, this. Arrowstorm does around 80 damage per arrow, and most often shoots 3-4 arrows and sometimes even ends prematurely (after shooting only 1-2 arrows). This skill was already nerf to the ground, to some extent properly, but perhaps even too much. Full to half a heart you say? Bullshit, I might add. Arrowstorm does 2-4 hearts at MOST these days. I RARELY get any meat from my arrowstorms, and are typically not even useful anymore unless you’re chasing someone or pushing someone away.

I don’t think you have yet to understand/grasp that not all rangers have good aim. Most have bad to medium aim. They can kill classes quickly, if they get every hit in (obviously – you don’t get hit with 5 arrows in real life and survive).

By the way, don't think I'm stupid, I know you're trying to get my class nerfed again to piss me off, like last time. Just because there's a few people with good aim with a bow on the server doesn't mean the class needs to be nerfed. Grow up and don’t cry when someone can kill you in a 1v1. Don't make up BS to get people to sway your way. Thanks!

I'm sorry but Rangers are stupidly OP. I don't give a shit about your aim. As long as you have a punch bow you can fire a quick arrow and knock someone off of you and keep shooting. It's just stupid.

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
This is pointless we are already nerfed, arrowstorm got nerfed already and if you get past a rangers aim we are pointless, also this is obviously because leftovers killed you because he is ridiculously good. So good day sir.

Aburido_burrito

Legacy Supporter 4

Rogue classes are meant to be squishy, and have good damage. It isn't right ranger has more HP than samurai, and has 3 times the damage. Next, if an opponent gets in melee range of you, just arrowstorm, its quite the knock back.

Most ranger's use a thing called a punch bow, yeah, it puts you back where you started. Poison arrow does three shot casters, it does 3 1/2 to me as a necromancer. Most caster's don't use leather, it's a pain to get.

Wrong. Arrow storm (tested three times) got me to half a heart- dead. Screenshots are provided- http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=97ljdz&s=6 http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2yl8bhh&s=6

It's not about what it would be in "real life" its about balance. This is a video game, not real life. In real life you would not survive a lightning bolt. In real life you would not survive multiple hit's from a axe. In real life, you would not survive sword hits after each other. Get the picture?

No, Im not trying to piss anyone off. Im trying to balance a broken class, there is nothing wrong with this. There is a suggestion forum for a reason, will ranger get nerfed? Maybe, maybe not. Thanks!

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Rogue classes are meant to be squishy, and have good damage. It isn't right ranger has more HP than samurai, and has 3 times the damage. Next, if an opponent gets in melee range of you, just arrowstorm, its quite the knock back.

Most ranger's use a thing called a punch bow, yeah, it puts you back where you started. Poison arrow does three shot casters, it does 3 1/2 to me as a necromancer. Most caster's don't use leather, it's a pain to get.

Wrong. Arrow storm (tested three times) got me to half a heart- dead. Screenshots are provided- http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=97ljdz&s=6 http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2yl8bhh&s=6

It's not about what it would be in "real life" its about balance. This is a video game, not real life. In real life you would not survive a lightning bolt. In real life you would not survive multiple hit's from a axe. In real life, you would not survive sword hits after each other. Get the picture?

No, Im not trying to piss anyone off. Im trying to balance a broken class, there is nothing wrong with this. There is a suggestion forum for a reason, will ranger get nerfed? Maybe, maybe not. Thanks!
You're not worth my time to argue with. I'm just speechless at how double sided your argument is. Don't tell me you're trying to nerf rangers because I play it. I honestly just want @Kainzo to lock this thread as it'll just result into flaming from both sides.

PernixPike

Legacy Supporter 4
This is pointless we are already nerfed, arrowstorm got nerfed already and if you get past a rangers aim we are pointless, also this is obviously because leftovers killed you because he is ridiculously good. So good day sir.
Obviously the nerf was not sufficient to balance Ranger. With a punch bow Rangers really only need to hit 1 out of every 5 arrows to easily kill most targets.

You're not worth my time to argue with. I'm just speechless at how double sided your argument is. Don't tell me you're trying to nerf rangers because I play it. I honestly just want @Kainzo to lock this thread as it'll just result into flaming from both sides.

You're trying to get this thread closed because you know your class is OP, but don't want to see a nerf.

Aburido_burrito

Legacy Supporter 4
You seem to miss the fact IM not flaming, you are. Im making a suggestion thread here and no where on this thread have I flamed.

itzmak

Legacy Supporter 7
So just because Rangers got a nerf doesn't make them still op? Sure they were a little bit more Op before the nerf but they are still outrageous.