• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Dragoon Needs Love

c12095

Holy Shit!
Sleaker seemed to agree on the high powered slow for Impale. 15 damage plus a thick slow might be worth the mana, allowing you to help slower allies to catch up for some dps.

I mean 35% mana is a charge, which gets me to the target and almost always more than 2 hits on the target, where as 15 damage with a 6 block range still lets the target run scaird.

TicklesTheMighty

ICE ICE ICE!
I think Impale is also intended to have a slight knock-up, though it didn't seem to when I was last a Dragoon...but 15 damage is fairly respectable on a class that has fairly low dps, it's just not worth the mana compared to Jump.

c12095

Holy Shit!
I think Impale is also intended to have a slight knock-up, though it didn't seem to when I was last a Dragoon...but 15 damage is fairly respectable on a class that has fairly low dps, it's just not worth the mana compared to Jump.

Its a knock-back, and its very slight. I do agree 15 is respectable however its not practical with the mana cost, like you said, it cant compare to jump or charge.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I mean 35% mana is a charge, which gets me to the target and almost always more than 2 hits on the target, where as 15 damage with a 6 block range still lets the target run scaird.
There are situational differences there. Charge will let you close in but it means you're exposed to melee from the opponent, and if they can use a mobility skill of their own they could still escape, or fight back. Ranged slow means the enemy can't maneuver as well and you can get the drop on them at your own leisure or that of any companions you have.

@TicklesTheMighty I'm not sure that we're supposed to have low dps, just not on the scale of Ninja or Samurai. I do think mana adjustment could be in order, but I'll not make any major suggestions there until I level some more.

c12095

Holy Shit!
There are situational differences there. Charge will let you close in but it means you're exposed to melee from the opponent, and if they can use a mobility skill of their own they could still escape, or fight back. Ranged slow means the enemy can't maneuver as well and you can get the drop on them at your own leisure or that of any companions you have.

@TicklesTheMighty I'm not sure that we're supposed to have low dps, just not on the scale of Ninja or Samurai. I do think mana adjustment could be in order, but I'll not make any major suggestions there until I level some more.

btw that level are you at now?

TicklesTheMighty

ICE ICE ICE!
@Dazureus I can't say anything about what we're supposed to have, but 7 attack damage with Diamond is fairly low compared to Samurai, all Rogue classes, all Caster classes, and it's now tied with Monk's attack damage.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Don't forget all the armor you dragoons get to wear.
Armor isn't a given, though. Diamond slacks get expensive. It's possible that you'll come across a decked out Dragoon, but generally you won't.

I'm only in the low 20s at the moment, heh. I think I have 95 hp.

Spicycheez

Portal
Yes, but you guys can wear full iron which I am very jelly of seeing that iron is easy and very cheap to get.

Spicycheez

Portal
Yes but you guys do more damage with your diamond shovel. Your shovel only uses one diamond which overall ends up being cheaper.

TicklesTheMighty

ICE ICE ICE!
Well yes, we are a Warrior class after all, I'm not saying the Dragoon should necessarily have more damage, I'm just saying that Impale's 15 damage is a welcome addition since we do have relatively low damage output due to our Warrior tankiness and Dragoon mobility. My main concern is the mana cost.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
As far as mana, what sounds reasonable for this slow effect? If it was a longish duration I would say 30 is fine.

c12095

Holy Shit!
Yea I wouldn't really care about the 35% if it had a nice slow attached to it. Just something to sweeten the deal.