• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Dragoon Needs Love

c12095

Holy Shit!
maybe increase range, but also decrease speed? :O that'd be way lance-like

Now that I'm pretty sure can't be changed. I have only seen one speed for minecraft swinging, it usually comes it the form of mashing buttons, but none the less, it seems to stay that way.

kriskills

Legacy Supporter 6
back stab does an extra 50% i think. soo, like 18. And 1 block extra range would be OP. You can hit me while running away, before i can hit you. It would be so unfair in fights when im running at you, and you hit me before i can. Your impale is your longer reach attack.

c12095

Holy Shit!
back stab does an extra 50% i think. soo, like 18. And 1 block extra range would be OP. You can hit me while running away, before i can hit you. It would be so unfair in fights when im running at you, and you hit me before i can. Your impale is your longer reach attack.

Sorry I was unaware that you lost confuse, the ability to sprint, Smoke, Silence, or forgot that fact that running backwards slows you?

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
Backstab does double damage, So 24. unless it has been changed recently.

I dont see how one block would change much. Its not that hard to get close to someone.

@Kriskills Hmm, maybe you shouldn't be a ninja if you cant get close to your target with out them seeing you... thats kind of your classes role.

Malomarcus

Legacy Supporter 6
hmmm we should definitely have more skills. As a future dragoon I want to be able to be mobile and fight. So I suggest a move that when we are in the air it does like 0.3 more damage since dragoons should be able to hit hard from the skies above. Any thoughts?

Or possibly a move called Lance Throw that has a stone shovel reagent where we through a projectile like Kain in dissidia how he throws his lance.

JZillifro

Soulsand
dazureus said:
Here's a theoretical skillset for Dragoons, utilizing my ideas:

level 1-Mark/Recall
level 1- Disarm
level 5- Jump
level 20- DragonSkin
level 30- Javelin
level 35- SuperJump
level 40- Rebound
level 50- HolyLance

Any input or other suggestions are appreciated, and hopefully some folks like what I'm spitting out here.
b('_')

I love this skillset but maybe instead of your current javelin make it so it costs one stone shovel, and shoots an actual arrow that has similar effects to an ice arrow

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Well, I'm fairly certain that Impale got that slow effect that was discussed. I still feel like the stone shovel reagent would be really appropriate.

I hear tell that critical hits don't work with anything besides fists (and fully charged arrows, technically?) at the moment. If different methods of dealing them were limited to certain classes, jump-descent criticals could be a Dragoon/Ninja thing and dash criticals could be a Samurai/Monk or something thing. That would be awesome, and there's your "assault from the skies" thingiedoodad.

TicklesTheMighty

ICE ICE ICE!
We just got the stone sword reagent removed, please don't get another non-stackable reagent put in, especially one that needs to be crafted. Q.Q

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
They're different and Minecraft-appropriate and personally I'd like to see more of them. XP But if we're going to remove them from other classes, adding a new one is unfair.

Malomarcus

Legacy Supporter 6
I realized we could get a bleeding skill since lance were meant to bleed the enemy by stabbing vital points. We should get a bleeding skill like samurai.

c12095

Holy Shit!
So how is everyone enjoying dragoon? I haven't heard from you guys that are leveling up in awhile. What do you all think of dragoon as you continue to level and gain new skills? Everyone's feedback helps us to brainstorm new ideas we can suggest and see if their possible, so keep the comments/suggestions coming guys!

greyp

Legacy Supporter 5
Dragoon needs an air aoe attack, well it doesn't need one but it be nice.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
Charge needs to not feel so weird to use. I wish charge were like blink so I don't get disoriented every time I use it. It has its uses but in general I'd rather jump or even just sprint towards my target.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Charge needs to not feel so weird to use. I wish charge were like blink so I don't get disoriented every time I use it. It has its uses but in general I'd rather jump or even just sprint towards my target.
we're hoping to rework charge or replace it.