• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Dragoon Needs Love

Spicycheez

Portal
If its anything that needs love, its the beastmasters. one wolf that dies on four hits, root that breaks on hit and lickwounds doesnt even heal that much. All we have is bite and bows.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I would say Bloodmages have the short end of the stick at the moment, just because they seem so obscure. Beastmaster may be creeping up the list, I guess.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming if we don't mind, please.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Oh, critical hits. It seems as though Herocraft has them disabled at the moment. Would it be possible to tweak the boost you get from them (and maybe the conditions under which they occur) and re-implement them? If you could manage a 1.5x damage boost for executing a critical melee attack, or perhaps variable critical multipliers depending on your class, that would be pretty excellent.

I only post it here because this thread is my baby I've previously thought of Dragoons as making especially good use of critical hits. And it's cutting down on clutter, I guess.

GraRona

Portal
Yeah crits do work.

Critical hits induced by sprinting- Fully functional. Tested. Sends mobs flying does more damage
Critical hits induced by jumping- Fully functional. Those who say it doesn't work etc. Don't know how to use these. Most people think that you crit when you hit at the peak of your jump. This is wrong. You jump and hit at the descent of your jump.

Also, I think Dragoons are plenty epic already. I'm a ranger now, but I would like to master warrior and go Dragoon next.

TicklesTheMighty

ICE ICE ICE!
There is no crit damage induced by sprinting alone, I'm not sure how you recorded any more damage, it's on Minepedia though. When I tested I only got crit damage while wielding fists, so I would have to assume that something changed since then if they are working.
Edit: Just confirmed, weapon-based damage does not crit at all. Tested against mobs.
Double Edit: Confirmed non weapon-based damage for crits, you deal 1 damage non-crit and 2 damage with the jump attack.

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
I think an awesome passive for dragoons would be to have one block of extra reach when using your "Lance". Wouldn't this make sense seeing as a lance in battle is meant to have the upper hand through range. I don't think this would be OP seeing as it would have to be used properly to be effective.

On a different note, Impale really doesn't knock you up more than 1 block or less. Is this a known glitch, Or is it meant to be like this?

Edit: I just switched back to 50 dragoon. I feel like I'm in an exclusive club!

GraRona

Portal
Not sure if it is possible for them to tweak the reach. If herocraft does release a HC client then this would be possible.

JZillifro

Soulsand
Maybe instead add in a skill that has little to no mana cost and a very low cooldown that does like 9 damage and has a slightly longer range than normal melee, call it lunge or jab or something.

c12095

Holy Shit!
Personally I love the idea of an extra block range. Gives you the whole Lance wielding feel. However I'm not sure if that is a possibility. @Sleaker Could you confirm/deny this when you get a chance please.

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
I know that skills could have a range. Maybe somehow code it into a skill so basic attacks trigger a skill attacking that target.

@JZ112233
Impale already has a 6 block range, Basic is 5 I belive

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I think it's technically viable already. I've brought this up previously, all on my lonesome. I got an answer from Kain that melee range increase is right out, and others said they feel that it would be OP. But hey, with support, perhaps it could be taken under consideration.

Could be a whole new aspect to specialty weapons... Swords are standard, lances and maybe staves (read:hoes) are longer, axes shorter. Could do something quirky with the jukebox and Monk could switch between all three with fists, fish, and sticks.

Then we simply need to give the admins a celestial naginata or something.

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
I personally don't think that would be op. It would have to be used properly to be op. One block is really not that far.

Back stab could be considered op because it does 24 hp per hit. But it has to be used properly.