• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Dragoon Needs Love

c12095

Holy Shit!
I think maybe a very high powered slow would be the best option, a stun would be a bit too difficult to implement with the current system unless we got rid of the pop up.
A speed boost dispel and a slow seems good.

I've never actually been hit with a slow in game to my knowledge, how heavy of a slow are we talking? Like sneak speed? Also, what about its dmg? 10 is pretty much a waste of mana :(

Sleaker

Retired Staff
I've never actually been hit with a slow in game to my knowledge, how heavy of a slow are we talking? Like sneak speed? Also, what about its dmg? 10 is pretty much a waste of mana :(

@Kainzo 's the one that handles all the damages and skill settings, as they are 100% configurable, not hardcoded.

Malomarcus

Legacy Supporter 6
I agree with dragoon getting more skills. Since I need more convincing to pick dragoon over samurai.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
We got Disarm along with the other Warriors recently, which is pretty neat. Cleave, too. That one seems kind of... well, I'm sure an AoE will be useful in select situations, but that doesn't feel very Dragoon-like to me.

It's certainly not like we have two skills anymore, now is it? Regardless, I'd drop Cleave entirely for Javelin-style Impale or some permutation of HolyLance.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
Dragoons got cleave? I am interested in seeing how they would accomplish an AoE strike while wielding a lance.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
There is the whole suspension of disbelief to consider (see: Impale). Otherwise it just seems arbitrary. How do you do AoE with an unmagical, inches-long blade on a stick, even with video game physics?

And if we're branching off the FF interpretation, how do I suggest things that would fit the role of Dragoon? D: They aren't commonly-used class titles like Paladin or Ninja. I just want to spit out ideas worth considering, and it's hard to do with no context.

c12095

Holy Shit!
There is the whole suspension of disbelief to consider (see: Impale). Otherwise it just seems arbitrary. How do you do AoE with an unmagical, inches-long blade on a stick, even with video game physics?

And if we're branching off the FF interpretation, how do I suggest things that would fit the role of Dragoon? D: They aren't commonly-used class titles like Paladin or Ninja. I just want to spit out ideas worth considering, and it's hard to do with no context.

Just gotta go with the lore we have for our skills. Heavy movement, somewhat tanky health, medium damage.

Malomarcus

Legacy Supporter 6
but dragoons were meant to be light with heavy damage with god helth. Maybe bump up damage and maybe less health or armor?

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
Honestly I see dragoons as Medium armor, Slightly better than average damage but Jesus-like health. They are built for survivability, not necessarily taking down opponents. Thats why they work well in packs or pairs

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I went ahead and redid my ideas again, just to cut down on clutter and reflect changes in what I think is suitable for HC.

c12095

Holy Shit!
@Everyone

Any word on impale, or is it just going to be 15 dmg? Because 35% mana for that isn't really worth it :(

TicklesTheMighty

ICE ICE ICE!
Sleaker seemed to agree on the high powered slow for Impale. 15 damage plus a thick slow might be worth the mana, allowing you to help slower allies to catch up for some dps.