• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Dragoon Needs Love

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Bump to keep the thread on life support. I don't want to start another thread to comment on Impale when I get to use it, and I want to comment on Impale. Maybe some master Dragoons could give their impressions in the meantime, as well.

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
Master dragoon....that would require leveling. Currently I dont have enough time to do this mystical chore. Wish I did

c12095

Holy Shit!
I mastered it, Impale is by far the best skill. About 10 base dmg, and depending on lag they can fly 20 blocks in the air

c12095

Holy Shit!
Curious, can lag make the target fly up a shorter distance than normal?

Yea if its really laggy, they go like 5 blocks, early in the morning I can get 25+ distance, people get fucked over by the fall dmg so mad.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Sounds like you're "inflicting" Jump on another person, only with the intent of harming them. Accurate?

c12095

Holy Shit!
Sounds like you're "inflicting" Jump on another person, only with the intent of harming them. Accurate?

100% accurate. If you take the time to level to 50 it is so worth it, your pvp is 10x easier with this skill.

c12095

Holy Shit!
Not even kidding, if Sleaker keeps this up ima just stop posting about dragoons... First it was jump, so he decided to add fall dmg and it blows, took awhile to get it working somewhat better. Now impale is gonna suck, wonderful... Cant we just enjoy our skills the way they are? It took long enough to get a 3ed one, and its not like its totally OP. Plus not like their trapped or anything, soon as they hit the ground they can bail fast.

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
Not even kidding, if Sleaker keeps this up ima just stop posting about dragoons... First it was jump, so he decided to add fall dmg and it blows, took awhile to get it working somewhat better. Now impale is gonna suck, wonderful...
Yeah I feel you bro

Sleaker

Retired Staff
@c12095
First off, you guys didn't have impale to begin with, second off, the design was to slightly knock the player up in the air so they couldn't move for a moment. It was never intended to knock the player up 20 blocks and damage them, if the ability isn't doing enough damage it should do more damage, not get damage from the knockup (which you don't get credit for the kill anyway).

Third - We never added Damage to Jump (and if you seriously keep pushing this point I'm goingto strangle someone) - get your facts right - we already know the dragoon jump is not working completely as it should, please stop being all end of the world about it.

Fact: We're working on making skill mechanics better.
Fact: We've been actively pushing new skills for dragoon.
Fact: Due to server lag, many skill mechanics not just Dragoon jump, have less-than-perfect usage.

c12095

Holy Shit!
@c12095
First off, you guys didn't have impale to begin with, second off, the design was to slightly knock the player up in the air so they couldn't move for a moment. It was never intended to knock the player up 20 blocks and damage them, if the ability isn't doing enough damage it should do more damage, not get damage from the knockup (which you don't get credit for the kill anyway).

Third - We never added Damage to Jump (and if you seriously keep pushing this point I'm goingto strangle someone) - get your facts right - we already know the dragoon jump is not working completely as it should, please stop being all end of the world about it.

Fact: We're working on making skill mechanics better.
Fact: We've been actively pushing new skills for dragoon.
Fact: Due to server lag, many skill mechanics not just Dragoon jump, have less-than-perfect usage.

I would like to direct you to this thread http://herocraftonline.com/forum/index.php?threads/dragoon-jump.8107/

For my complaints with messing with jump, not the fact that you caused it to deal dmg. I however do realize I typed that and am insure why I did, for that I do apologize for. Also not sure where your coming from when you say "you guys didn't have impale to begin with" I realize that, however we still only had 2 skills before it, Stoneskin isn't working, so Impale makes 3.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
It seems like the overall strategy is to throw bones to the loudest dogs. It's certainly not all the staff does, but I would be surprised if I was incorrect. I can wait for improvements, and I will have to regardless since it's not up to me to make them. But despite that I'll continue to spout ideas and opinions for the foreseeable future as the mood strikes me.

Speaking of what strikes me, Impale appears to be nothing like my own idea. I would still be happy to see a skill similar to what I've renamed Javelin- A ranged attack consuming a shovel and at least causing some knockback.

And the creativity nags at my mind again. Excuse me, I'm making a thread.

c12095

Holy Shit!
It seems like the overall strategy is to throw bones to the loudest dogs. It's certainly not all the staff does, but I would be surprised if I was incorrect. I can wait for improvements, and I will have to regardless since it's not up to me to make them. But despite that I'll continue to spout ideas and opinions for the foreseeable future as the mood strikes me.

Speaking of what strikes me, Impale appears to be nothing like my own idea. I would still be happy to see a skill similar to what I've renamed Javelin- A ranged attack consuming a shovel and at least causing some knockback.

And the creativity nags at my mind again. Excuse me, I'm making a thread.

This makes me think of a finisher type move, where you can only throw it if their at like 10% hp.

Sleaker

Retired Staff

Knockback for a melee class that uses all of it's skills to get close to a player didn't make much design sense (at least to me). it's like giving the opponent a gat-away-free card. It's also impossible to detect any form of Entity <-> block collision. So any ideas that are based around this are simply not possible. (which I know you're aware of) -

Alternative for Quake - when you land from a jump instead of taking damage you deal a percentage of that damage to nearby entities. (Jump would no longer prevent damage, although that portion doesn't always work with lag)
It would be a passive skill rather than a castable and would trigger anytime you take fall damage.

It would end up being similar to ironfist in use.

Dragonskin - because of how minecraft handles damage, we can't actually add armor - we can flat reduce the damage, or adjust it by some arbitrary amount. but pseudo armor isn't an option as minecraft runs all those calculations not Heroes at this time (we might do stuff with armor later)