• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Dragoon Needs Love

c12095

Holy Shit!
Hmmm, not sure if this is the same as what your talking about Sleaker, just off the top of my head. What if jump could get a passive skill that slowed enemies in a radius of where you land? Unless this is what you referring to, then scratch this.

Elmeerkat

Legacy Supporter 4
i like the ideas of skills that start when you land from a jump such as freeze people, do damage to entities and w/e. maybe super jump type skill could be the same thing. activate it mid flight and you go super high. activate quake mid flight do damage to entities based on your damage. honestly i would prefer no fall damage to be the norm, then when quake (or another) is used it gave you fall damage (gives all damage to you) and deals a percent of it to nearby entities. unless that's what you meant already...

Sleaker

Retired Staff
Hmmm, not sure if this is the same as what your talking about Sleaker, just off the top of my head. What if jump could get a passive skill that slowed enemies in a radius of where you land? Unless this is what you referring to, then scratch this.
I kind of meant something to that effect.

Elmeer - it's possible, I just don't think it's a good idea. now you're talking about attempting to use 3 different skills mid-flight. that means swapping your binds while falling and becomes incredibly skill oriented to even pull things off, which means there's very little way we can do balancing on it.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Knockback for a melee class that uses all of it's skills to get close to a player didn't make much design sense (at least to me). it's like giving the opponent a gat-away-free card. It's also impossible to detect any form of Entity <-> block collision. So any ideas that are based around this are simply not possible. (which I know you're aware of) -
Eh, I see your point. What of causing Root? Adjusted to the right duration, it would have the opposite effect- Giving the user time to close in on the enemy.

Alternative for Quake - when you land from a jump instead of taking damage you deal a percentage of that damage to nearby entities. (Jump would no longer prevent damage, although that portion doesn't always work with lag)
It would be a passive skill rather than a castable and would trigger anytime you take fall damage.

It would end up being similar to ironfist in use.
Well, there's good and bad there. If I ended up hurting everyone nearby when I took fall damage, I wouldn't want to use it in town or with non-partied friendlies, and If I'm wandering through the overworld at night low on health or whatnot I don't necessarily want to aggro nearby monsters, particularly Endermen.
Could you perhaps make a separate skill that records fall damage, deals damage to the surrounding entities based on that, and heals the user back up, either all the way or partially? The Dragoon would need to be able to handle the fall damage he wants to inflict, but it's not going to cripple you for taking advantage of big drops.

For anything like this, can it be a division problem instead of a set percentage? A skill could deal 30 damage to one target, 15 to two, 10 to three and so on.

Dragonskin - because of how minecraft handles damage, we can't actually add armor - we can flat reduce the damage, or adjust it by some arbitrary amount. but pseudo armor isn't an option as minecraft runs all those calculations not Heroes at this time (we might do stuff with armor later)
Ok. Still, that would be fun to see. It's more subtle and in line with Minecraft as a game.

Refined idea for HolyLance: Requires a shovel in hand to activate. If wood, stone, iron, or diamond, your attacks to do 1.25 times the normal amount of damage, and every hit landed on a player or mob with the shovel heals the user for 1/2 the damage dealt and inflicts a miniscule Root effect on the target (the intended effect is that the victim can move in short bursts if they try to run away). If used with a golden shovel, all nearby players or those in a party with you (or nearby players in your party) take 4 less damage per hit and every hit they land with any weapon they own heals them for 1/4 the damage they inflict. As for duration, idk. I would say that the solo effect is shorter than the party effect. This has enough healing potential to remove the need for Dragonskin, I think.

TicklesTheMighty

ICE ICE ICE!
I've been testing Impale on (guinea) pigs for the last hour and I haven't seen a single knock-up yet today. It used to knock-up mobs pretty consistently as well...

Also if Dragonskin was just a flat like 2 (arbitrary) damage reduction that would be pretty cool, it wouldn't be in the domain of current armor reduction, and wouldn't be the same as just a flat hp increase. It would just deflect or severely reduce weaker attacks like a dragon's skin would. It would make it pretty hard for a crafter to even do damage though...

c12095

Holy Shit!
Impale now does 10 dmg with like a 1 block knockback guys :( I think it needs some more dmg imo.

HollowSith

Diamond
I like what c12 is saying. An after effect to impale should either be a stun or bleed. Because atm, impale does 10 damage, which for dragoons isn't enough to keep up with Sami's or Ninja's at this point. IMO.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Well, the goal isn't to have the same damage output as a samurai or ninja. It's to have a fleshed-out class a person could reasonably call dragoon, which in this case entails jumping and spears.

i will agree that the skill doesn't seem very impaley, it makes me think more of my Pitchfork suggestion on the last page. A skill called Impale should do something as though you actually had the enemy skewered.

c12095

Holy Shit!
Well, the goal isn't to have the same damage output as a samurai or ninja. It's to have a fleshed-out class a person could reasonably call dragoon, which in this case entails jumping and spears.

i will agree that the skill doesn't seem very impaley, it makes me think more of my Pitchfork suggestion on the last page. A skill called Impale should do something as though you actually had the enemy skewered.

Bleeding after being Impaled seems fun to me :) But yes we arnt to have the same dmg outputs as other classes. Which is why we have more HP.

Wolfzee

ICE ICE ICE!
I agree, Dragoons seem to be with little skills and kinda of unblanced. Although giveing us a lot of skills in one patch might not be the best. I think Javelin and quake should be relased first then slowly phase out these skills which are balanced.

TicklesTheMighty

ICE ICE ICE!
If anything I should think they'd move slower after being run through, no doubt painfully. I'm not sure how slowing movement speed would work out right now, but it would fit with the Dragoon's current role of never letting anyone get away.

c12095

Holy Shit!
If anything I should think they'd move slower after being run through, no doubt painfully. I'm not sure how slowing movement speed would work out right now, but it would fit with the Dragoon's current role of never letting anyone get away.

Impale has a lot of kinda "implied" effects. I mean their speared through, gotta have some sort of effect of the person lol.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Replacing the Jump effect inflicted on the enemy, a Short (1.5ish seconds) Root followed by enforcing walking speed (like any speed boosts are dispeled and sprint is disabled). Speed boosting effects can still take effect after Impale's effect is applied, and I'd say that Chakra or some other healing skill would fix it as well. This follows with the "keep 'em where you want 'em" thing Sleaker seems to be shooting for.

-cawf- thanks for not letting me edit, cell phone.