• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Dragoon Needs Love

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Which in particular? I'm guessing Impale and HolyLance. Quake is too complex for the moment, apparently. I'll go ahead and clarify that I don't know exactly what I want out of a buff, but something that affects the spears in particular would be a good fit, and there are a collection of effects that would fit well with a spear-specific buff. Impale uses non-stackable reagents and a third of your mana for damage you could match or exceed in two normal hits. The result is (theoretically) satisfying, regardless of it's constituent parts.

Defensive buff: effects could include adding X points to your armor gauge for a set amount of time, rendering the user fireproof (if not lavaproof), and/or nullifying or reducing ForcePush effects from non-party members. If Quake ever did make it in, it would be fun if it increased the damage of that. More armor, extra mass, bigger impact. I'd probably call it DragonSkin rather than StoneSkin.

I like the idea of synergy between skills, if nobody's noticed. Rebound and Quake work with Jump skills. My idea for StoneSkin work with Quake. Maybe using Impale while HolyLance is active could make it stronger somehow, seeing as you're already down at least one Impale's-worth of mana. Longer range, more damage, bigger push, or longer root.

c12095

Holy Shit!
I've been thinking of a passive where if you jump and collide with another player/mob they will take some dmg (like 5-10) and it will also knock the target back a few blocks (like 3-4), something like a flying kick.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Done editing my post. Added DragonSkin, added to Impale, and re-did HolyLance.

at C- I like that idea, it sounds like a good Monk skill too, or like what Charge should do (rather than just moving you around).
The issue is that, as Sleaker said, player collision isn't something they can use for triggers at the moment.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
How bout at a high level (35-45?) Dragoons should get passive fall damage negation. :p

EDIT: I'd like to point out, much like I did on the other Dragoon suggestion topic, that you all should go play DFF:012, and play Kain all the way to level 100. THEN suggest skills.

I like this topic's first post much better than the other, because these skills are very nice and reasonable. None of that "Th3y shoood fly!" bullshit :p

When Dragoons are THIS awesome http://youtu.be/6os1xvZCdo4

I will be happy :)

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Yah like I said, both of these require fall damage to activate, if for some reason you don't take fall damage during the skill. you get no damage.
Which would add in an element of skill to use the ability :D

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
Here's a theoretical skillset for Dragoons, fresh off the top of my head:

level 1-Mark/Recall
level 10- Jump
level 20- Impale
level 30- HolyLance and/or DragonSkin
level 35- Super Jump
level 40- Rebound
level 50- Quake

Any input or other suggestions are appreciated, and hopefully some folks like what I'm spitting out here.
b('_')
Just my $0.02 here

Impale: Sounds cools but its....1,524,893,126 Skills jammed in one.....so we'll have to iron that out

Holy Lance: I like the upped dmg, the vampire lance and the different effect depending on the shovel.

Dragon skin: Just wait for Stoneskin to come back eh? (Will it?)

Super jump: It is a must

Rebound: Eh, i'm not big on the idea

Quake: It is a must

Here's some things I think'd up

Street sweeper:

While holding a lance, Street sweeper sweeps in front of the user about 4 or five blocks in a 180 degree radius doing a small bit of damage and stuning all targets in range for like 2 seconds or something.

Mana use: 50
Cooldown: 300s (?)

Bullet Dive

Disclaimer: I know the problem with quake already

Bullet dive gives a dragoon safe fall and a quake effect when the hit the ground. It stuns the target and damages them.

Damage: 10
Stun: 1.5s
Mana use: 20
Cooldown: 60s

Energy boost:

Gives dragoons a 40% speed boost while nullifying the jump ability

Mana: 60
Cooldown: 250s
Durration: 5 seconds
Jump nullify: 15 seconds

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
And of course by billions of effects we mean... 4. :V Method of targeting, damage, push, root. And it seems that the root for Impale wouldn't work as I hoped it would, as it has a player-collision element to it. Perhaps removing the push and guaranteeing the root or vice versa is better.

Street Sweeper sounds interesting, and would be well utilized on teams and in solo fights. I recall a horde of tree creepers chasing me the one time I decided to get in on an attack near Airbus' place, and this move would have been so useful it's ridiculous. 50 mana sounds a bit much to me... I'd probably put it at 40 or 30.

Bullet Dive sounds like a one-hit Quake with a root effect. Fun. Of course the collision problem persists. :/

Energy Boost. Polarizing. Dragoons jump, it's what they do. To get rid of that for a speed boost would be interesting, and some people would use it a lot, and some not at all. My only concern is this: everyone can dash in 1.8 already. I'm intrigued, but I'm not sure if it's worth disabling two skills for.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Pitchfork, 25 mana, short cooldown

One enemy up to 4ish blocks away is flung vertically or over the Dragoon's head. Does standard weapon damage plus any fall damage. Get out the way!

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I noticed that, has the temp SafeFall been done away with? =/ Seems pretty counter-intuitive.

Changed Impale to Javelin so that the two aren't confused, altered the theoretical skillset, added other people's idea to the OP, and applied spoiler tags.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I noticed that, has the temp SafeFall been done away with? =/ Seems pretty counter-intuitive.

Changed Impale to Javelin so that the two aren't confused, altered the theoretical skillset, added other people's idea to the OP, and applied spoiler tags.
The change was not intended and will be patched up - @Sleaker

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
Wait what? Dragoons had a temp safefall? I don't remember that. Thanks for Impale (And I hate to whine) But could we look at getting Stoneskin back at like lv 40? What's the problem with it anyhow?

tbh I still feel a little UP seeing as how Skills go (Lv10, Lv30 Lv50) 20 levels per skill. that is a lot of time for one skill. nevertheless, I will shut up and be happy with what we have.

c12095

Holy Shit!
Wait what? Dragoons had a temp safefall? I don't remember that. Thanks for Impale (And I hate to whine) But could we look at getting Stoneskin back at like lv 40? What's the problem with it anyhow?

tbh I still feel a little UP seeing as how Skills go (Lv10, Lv30 Lv50) 20 levels per skill. that is a lot of time for one skill. nevertheless, I will shut up and be happy with what we have.

I believe the temp safe fall he is refering to is from jump, after your going to land.

kriskills

Legacy Supporter 6
Keep suggesting new ones, im sure they will come around to new skills if there are some good suggestions, within their ability to code. But you guys gotta stop getting mad when other classes want new ones too. It's a slow and painful process, and we are all wanting new skills

Was safefall so that if you "jump" off a big building, lets say 20 blocks high, you wouldnt be hurt if you hit the ground? or is it a shorter safefall than that?

Elmeerkat

Legacy Supporter 4
its kinda like that, maybe not 20 blocks though, i would usually jump off a building then /jump right before i hit the ground to get safefall, and change trajectory (quite fun in pvp)

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Keep suggesting new ones, im sure they will come around to new skills if there are some good suggestions, within their ability to code. But you guys gotta stop getting mad when other classes want new ones too. It's a slow and painful process, and we are all wanting new skills
I recall one person saying that your class shouldn't get skills because Dragoons don't have many yet. And that one guy wasn't even me. :<

Was safefall so that if you "jump" off a big building, lets say 20 blocks high, you wouldnt be hurt if you hit the ground? or is it a shorter safefall than that?
I did explain this to you in the ninja thread. The skill seems to initiate a short SafeFall right when you use the skill, but you only Jump after hitting the ground. So you can fall and use it before you touch down and not take fall damage.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter

shorter than that atm if we were to jump from Y:64 and land on Y:65 we take damage. atm we always have to jump up 2 blocks to not take damage xD

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Oh, well the hit-the-ground thing is a lie, actually. You can get the effect in mid-air, but it takes a second.