• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Dragoon Needs Love

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Since charge's only real use at the time being is to escape movement impeding effects like web. How about a skill to break out of skills like root/web etc.

greyp

Legacy Supporter 5
I've been hearing of "Quake" I have no clue to what this is but Dragoon just needs a new air skill, maybe just a straight up flight that will take the player 20 maybe even 30 blocks up and wont hurt you when you hit the ground? Or even a small jump that hurts players when you land in a 3 block area of them. I do like what you did with the class though, when I was the first dragoon it had but only one good skill. Jump.

c12095

Holy Shit!
I've been hearing of "Quake" I have no clue to what this is but Dragoon just needs a new air skill, maybe just a straight up flight that will take the player 20 maybe even 30 blocks up and wont hurt you when you hit the ground? Or even a small jump that hurts players when you land in a 3 block area of them. I do like what you did with the class though, when I was the first dragoon it had but only one good skill. Jump.

Kainzo showed me about 2 months ago a preview of quake. Basically when you fall enough to take fall damage it will take a small % of the damage you take from falling and inflict it to near by players. However i'm hoping that it could be made to be an after affect of jump, with a small set amount of damage. However it's been a very long time since i've even heard of quake being considered for dragoons, back then he said it was in the works for us, but idk now because it's used by admins. :(

greyp

Legacy Supporter 5
I really just want a skill where you fly straight up into the air, like rocket but not quite as high. It be easy and a really fun skill. greyP used Liftoff :p

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Kainzo once made mention of Super Jump, which I understood to be a tall vertical Jump like you suggest. Somehow working Quake into that would be interesting.

greyp

Legacy Supporter 5
I think it would be a very easy skill to add, its just rocket with safefall. Maybe just enough mana to use jump right after. The dragoon should have another flight skill and why not add something thats already in the game.

c12095

Holy Shit!
@Sleaker

Sorry to bug you again, but I was wondering if you could answer my past question. You said 1.8 added speed swing reduction, does this mean that all classes could have a set attack speed?

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
Oooh, I like that. Basic rogue and ninja could lose some damage but swing a lot faster to make the classes seem a bit different while still being balanced, while warriors hit slower but for more damage. I wonder if different weapons could affect it?

The only problem, if changing attack speed is possible, would be the loooonng task of trying to balance the attacks before releasing.

As for the topic, Dragoons, I love greyP's idea of a straight up in the air move for dragoons. Rather than jumping away and having to run back to the fight you can just escape for a moment by escaping to the sky. Even better if it is combined with quake and it deals some AOE damage in the surrounding area on touchdown.

Another idea that greyP has brought up before but not mentioned in the thread from what I can see, would be like a final charge move, a last chance at winning the fight. Now this is not greys idea I am listing entirely, mostly his, but I am changing it some. It would be a jump attack similar to quake/rocket/jump but higher, and you can only use it if you have, say, 10% health left. When you hit the ground you would take the full fall damage of falling, obviously killing you. But in return it does all of the damage from that fall to enemies within maybe a 10 block radius or so, possibly killing them or at least seriously wounding them from such a high fall.

It's like a last ditch effort at killing the enemies while you accept your own death and simply want to see them die, save your friends, or hold the enemy off for a little more while the rest escape.

c12095

Holy Shit!
Oooh, I like that. Basic rogue and ninja could lose some damage but swing a lot faster to make the classes seem a bit different while still being balanced, while warriors hit slower but for more damage. I wonder if different weapons could affect it?

The only problem, if changing attack speed is possible, would be the loooonng task of trying to balance the attacks before releasing.

I would love to see that last skill, but I don't see it happening any time soon.
As for the topic, Dragoons, I love greyP's idea of a straight up in the air move for dragoons. Rather than jumping away and having to run back to the fight you can just escape for a moment by escaping to the sky. Even better if it is combined with quake and it deals some AOE damage in the surrounding area on touchdown.

Another idea that greyP has brought up before but not mentioned in the thread from what I can see, would be like a final charge move, a last chance at winning the fight. Now this is not greys idea I am listing entirely, mostly his, but I am changing it some. It would be a jump attack similar to quake/rocket/jump but higher, and you can only use it if you have, say, 10% health left. When you hit the ground you would take the full fall damage of falling, obviously killing you. But in return it does all of the damage from that fall to enemies within maybe a 10 block radius or so, possibly killing them or at least seriously wounding them from such a high fall.

It's like a last ditch effort at killing the enemies while you accept your own death and simply want to see them die, save your friends, or hold the enemy off for a little more while the rest escape.

pandaman7

Legacy Supporter 3
Energy Boost, 60 mana, 250 second cooldown
For a 15-second duration, Jump (and SuperJump?) cannot be used and the user moves 40% faster for 5 seconds.

HolyLance- 40 mana, 10 minute CD- Usable only with shovels. When used with any shovel besides gold, 2 minute duration, attacks made with a shovel deal 1/4th more damage and the user is healed for 1/2 of all damage inflicted. When used with a gold shovel, 3 1/2 minute duration, those within a radius of 3-4 or all members of your party deal 1/2 more damage with any weapon and are healed for 1/4th of all damage they inflict. Javelin also deals 5-10 more damage. An offensive buff that takes elements of the Final Fantasy ability Lancet and gently whisks it with an ability based on the Holy Lance (which is also featured in FF, as it happens).

I think these two are the best ideas. They sound pretty awesome. So does Quake and Super Jump, but HolyLance seems like it would be a sick skill! Energy boost is cool as well, and I think it would be balanced because you wouldn't be able to jump while it is being used. Would it affect party members though? And quicken them as well?

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Gotta be careful with those fractions; dealing 50% more damage and then getting healed for a quarter of that is a little excessive. Also, I think any kind of significant group buff like that would be more of a bard ability. Maybe if you switched it around so you do a little less damage but get healed for the difference instead? Kind of like a 1-sided life steal effect. Allowing the Dragoon to have a self heal option at the expense of damage.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Gotta be careful with those fractions; dealing 50% more damage and then getting healed for a quarter of that is a little excessive.
with a diamond spade that equates to about 3hp a swing.
While it may not seem much it adds up very quickly ^.^

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
I think we should have a skill called chicken, we can spawn chickens

20 second cooldown

50 mana

greyp

Legacy Supporter 5
Super jump, will this be more of a vertical jump up or will it be just a more powerful jump.

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
Super jump, will this be more of a vertical jump up or will it be just a more powerful jump.
Hmmm, I was also hoping for a sort of long jump, one for distance, one for height, and one in between (current jump)

greyp

Legacy Supporter 5
Indeed, If I'm not mistaken we are the weakest warrior class and our weapon dosent deal out that much. I'd rather have more movement skills. When I first saw "charge" I thought like a very fast boost of speed, but a small blink is cool too.