• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

The Super Ultra Mega Thread of What You Want + Herocraft RPG

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Towns:
Nowdays the only players who are mostly looking to join towns/making news are newbies, since veteran players already have their group made/have a place they belong to. As a previous town owner i find having a town not rewarding at all, the only people who apply are new players, most of them they go around, steal from other houses, make holes into the town and quit the server, or go into deep innactivity. Making recruiting really tiresome and feel worthless.
I think this could be fixed with tweaking the current town plugin, being able to make subregions the same way Residences work but inside towns, making the Mayor/SIC the ones responsible for creating them/handing them, this would make town stealing dissapear, and arranging in-town public areas easier.
You can make sub-regions.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Repost

Town Appearances/Overall Server Appearance

Rules on Town appearances need to be remade and the structures in the wilderness that are very fugly also need to be changed. We need to have a complete rehaul so that when new players come to the server they get the wow factor instead of the "Holy shit what is that massive dirt building". I and many suggest either taxing towns for not having a complete town within a 2-3 weeks or even month period. Another suggestion was having the "Blight" which I think is a golden idea where we have the town either swarmed with mobs or maybe even have just spiders always spawning and crawling around. If there's another type of way to show the "blight" please go ahead and suggest. Overall, town appearances make a huge impact on the server as I know most pvpers such as I love to have complex towns and buildings all over to fight on as it makes the fight 10x more interesting and seeing well made buildings also puts a smile on multiple peoples faces such as my own.

Admin Events Pve/PvP/Other/World Bosses

Admin events haven't gotten stale, but there isn't much variety other then going to the event room and spawning a bunch of mobs that either die in a second or take an hour to kill due to server lagging. This isn't a bad thing and I thank @Kenneth_Chow for doing all these events, but as I can recall many of the fun admin events included the admin joining in on the action and turning himself into an unstoppable force unless met with a ton of players which was super great. Other events such as Danda's Treasure hunt is amazing because not only does it give the pvpers a chance to go explore, but it also gets everyone that sits in their town moving. Bringing back the Zo, Treasure Hunt, and a new idea Randomly generated Capture Points would be great. Rewards for the Treasure Hunt and the Randomly generated Capture points should just be random epic piece(s) as we don't want the economy going into an even more downward trend then it already has. World Bosses is just a slight addon to this post as I think it does have to do with admins spawning a random boss in the wilderness that shouldn't be possible for one player, but definitely for 5-10 as I know pvp will defintely be happening around these guys.

Rangers Track and Ninjas Deathmark

Pretty simple I think that both Ranger and Ninja should either be able to track combat classes above 20 or make it 30 but the profession also counts so for example. Lvl 15 Runeblade Lv 50 Enchanter (Trackable). Example 2: Lvl 25 Runeblade Lvl 23 Engineer (Non-Trackable). The net for safety right now is honestly a little too high as usually players will not even touch their combat class and just straight level their profession or they will change into a combat class that is low and level their profession. Now while I think new players should be able to do their own thing for awhile I think the older players are abusing this a bit. Another suggestion is to make it so that when you master a combat class you can always be tracked (Honestly if you master a combat class you should have an idea about the server by then and its all fair game).

Weekly or Daily Conquest Points.

Conquest point opens in a predetermined location and players are given a 2 min warning notice before letting them know its open. Players can also plan ahead for this as it will usually be on either a 24 hour timer 2 day timer or even a week. This Conquest points would bring organized group pvp which is what a lot of the players even myself as a solo-pvper are looking for. This conquest points would be a KOTH basically and would reset everytime you stepped off. Reset as in the bar of the capture point would immediately go back to 0 and you would have to start over. This KOTH would probably be on a 5min timer which isn't long at all and even if you step off you have more then enough time to sit for 5 mins. Rewards should also give you frostworn gear as I think this is obviously a PvP event at the highest calibar and a frostworn set seems like pvp gear. Maybe 1 piece for 24hours weekly 3 pieces (random).

Pontus

TNT
Something that would be cool, would be to have it like WynnCraft. :) I really like some of the mechanics there. Not saying that you should copy them, but it would be cool to be able to, for example, when you cast a spell, Right-click Left-click Right-click. With the weapon that you are using. :) And they´re using both weapons and tools as weapons for the different classes. :) Just an idea, to maybe use the same plugin? :)

Hydroking77

Legacy Supporter 7
Something that would be cool, would be to have it like WynnCraft. :) I really like some of the mechanics there. Not saying that you should copy them, but it would be cool to be able to, for example, when you cast a spell, Right-click Left-click Right-click. With the weapon that you are using. :) And they´re using both weapons and tools as weapons for the different classes. :) Just an idea, to maybe use the same plugin? :)
I think this may be bigger than you think. This is the reason the vets use Macro mod. Easy casting of skills. Yet we don't push the modpack hard enough that has it. If you are trying to fight anything using the skill heads/binding skills it is a lot harder then having all the skills binded to keys. I have only met one player who used item binds and could win pretty often, alexhoff1. I also used them as Necro on Bastion, but that was only my 2 main DoTs. Everything else was key binded. TL;Dr push the modpack harder.

Piptendo

The Trade Prince
Staff member
Max Legacy Supporter
Herocraft, or however the name falls into the rebranding, seeks to be a unique experience from other servers. We developed the Heroes plugin internally and lease it out to other server owners. I don't see a need to use a different plugin than Heroes, especially taking that which makes Wynncraft a unique server.

That being said: I do agree with Hydro that the modpack needs to be pushed. Make it a necessity.

An important mechanic I think should be reinvented for Herocraft in an RPG-heavy, non-survival setting, is the idea of character slots.
-When one logs into Wynncraft, they're greeted with a chest interface with two rows, holding empty squares that read "Create New Character". Once clicked, a player selects a class and is loaded into the game. Logging out and back in gives you the same chest interface, but say they chose Ranger, then they're greeted with a bow that reads "Ranger - Level 1" or whatever level they are. (Opportunity for moolah, sell extra character slots in the marketplace for ingame coins/money)

A major suggestion I would like to see implemented in a Minecraft context - and this might be my lust for Guild Wars 2 at the moment speaking - are worldly objectives one would need to complete in each region/zone, giving a sense of map completion for completionists like myself. Quests, exploring areas, unlocking places, perhaps hidden parkour puzzles to get to secret chests, that kind of thing. These would contribute to the completion of a zone. Create endgame armor/weapons that can only be crafted with a maximum world completion, requiring rare reagents from every zone. That kind of thing.

Hydro, I know you know exactly what I'm talking about, if you have any alterations to that idea, I'd love input.

Pontus

TNT
Herocraft, or however the name falls into the rebranding, seeks to be a unique experience from other servers. We developed the Heroes plugin internally and lease it out to other server owners. I don't see a need to use a different plugin than Heroes, especially taking that which makes Wynncraft a unique server.

That being said: I do agree with Hydro that the modpack needs to be pushed. Make it a necessity.

An important mechanic I think should be reinvented for Herocraft in an RPG-heavy, non-survival setting, is the idea of character slots.
-When one logs into Wynncraft, they're greeted with a chest interface with two rows, holding empty squares that read "Create New Character". Once clicked, a player selects a class and is loaded into the game. Logging out and back in gives you the same chest interface, but say they chose Ranger, then they're greeted with a bow that reads "Ranger - Level 1" or whatever level they are. (Opportunity for moolah, sell extra character slots in the marketplace for ingame coins/money)

A major suggestion I would like to see implemented in a Minecraft context - and this might be my lust for Guild Wars 2 at the moment speaking - are worldly objectives one would need to complete in each region/zone, giving a sense of map completion for completionists like myself. Quests, exploring areas, unlocking places, perhaps hidden parkour puzzles to get to secret chests, that kind of thing. These would contribute to the completion of a zone. Create endgame armor/weapons that can only be crafted with a maximum world completion, requiring rare reagents from every zone. That kind of thing.

Hydro, I know you know exactly what I'm talking about, if you have any alterations to that idea, I'd love input.
Well, like i wrote in my post, it was JUST a suggestion. Geez! I just came with an idea! Is that wrong? I thought iit was a good thing to come with ideas!

Piptendo

The Trade Prince
Staff member
Max Legacy Supporter
Well, like i wrote in my post, it was JUST a suggestion. Geez! I just came with an idea! Is that wrong? I thought iit was a good thing to come with ideas!
I never said there was anything wrong with coming up with ideas! It's great we're all gathered here to discourse over the future of the server, it's just that since we operate with such a unique set of tools, just scrapping those and copying that which another server has perfected over the years is asinine. It's best we do something that hasn't been done before, or at least something that has but with our own Herocraft flavor, yes?

Ampayne2

Retired Staff
Disclaimer: I have no idea what system currently determines mob levels on Herocraft.

So far I have seen several comments relating to mobs, dark rooms, and how to motivate players to MOVE around the map. I propose a simple system to determine mob level based on location and time, instead of purely RNG. Mobs spawning in certain areas may be a much higher level than in other areas, and this changes over time. This would be implemented using Perlin Noise (If you are new to this concept, it is essentially a noise generator that functions in multiple dimensions; Minecraft uses it for terrain). You can understand it as a continuous function that can take multiple values and return a single value. Because the values would be location x, z, and current time, the areas of the map currently spawning the highest level mobs would change over time and never drastically change with any of the 3 input variables.

This would discourage dark rooms and farming mobs in a central location. Instead, players would venture out to farm the highest level mobs for the highest experience gains. If you think the extra experience does not outweigh the amount of mobs farmed in a dark room or the extra risk taken to travel to areas of high interest where you might have to PvP, that is because I haven't mentioned custom items yet.

The creation of a new item system is in overdrive currently and I believe it will revitalize the server. These items are important in many ways and tie into Heroes attributes, skills, and more. Obviously, the rarest items only drop from higher level mobs. The high demand for acquiring these items would tip the scales in favor of roaming the map to farm mobs. This in turn would cause a new interest in PvP, make players more familiar with the map, and make everyone feel much closer together instead of isolated in their towns.

Edit: There would be ways to know what areas of the map are spawning the highest levels of mob at any time

Edit: This also ties into the server economy because of level requirements on items. Players won't just take their hoards of money and buy the most OP item on the market, they will be constantly looking for the best item they can use throughout leveling. All levels of all types of items will be in demand and probably single-handedly increase market activity and item trades.

Moar Edit: Cool things like having the occasional very high level mob spawn around the map announced to the server with the absolute highest level loot would also be fun

Lastly: Whoever had the FANTASTIC idea of placing tons of "resources" around the map that just have to be actively maintained for your town to gain resources is amazing. As a long term goal for towns, I think generic "resource" requirements not tied to specific Minecraft items or amounts is a fun system that can foster community, variety in classes, and more unique game-play, while avoiding the stress of having to meet tax quotas, etc.

Last edited:

Hydroking77

Legacy Supporter 7
Ugh, but I hate doing world completion, jk. First things first, I think we have too many unique classes to try to tie them to character slots. That being said having mini dungeons and parkour chests that are tied to resetting at a daily set time would have keep people doing things everyday. And speaking of GW2, 30 day daily login that loops back to the beginning would also majorly help keep people at least login in on the daily.

Piptendo

The Trade Prince
Staff member
Max Legacy Supporter
Ugh, but I hate doing world completion, jk. First things first, I think we have too many unique classes to try to tie them to character slots. That being said having mini dungeons and parkour chests that are tied to resetting at a daily set time would have keep people doing things everyday. And speaking of GW2, 30 day daily login that loops back to the beginning would also majorly help keep people at least login in on the daily.
I can completely agree with that. We definitely do have too many classes available to justify slots, people switch classes on the daily (looking at you @FaZeAlpine, making clutch class swaps before you even hit level 15, 3+ times a day).

I do agree that jumping puzzles/mini-dungeons would be extravagant to incorporate. Like no notification that they are jumping puzzles, just like GW2. Just exploration to determine "hey that's a jumping puzzle."

I have heard the idea float around of - since it seems an entirely new server is on the horizon, renamed/rebranded from Herocraft's flagship title - a reimplementation of how classes are selected/unlocked. Words have been spoken of ideas of microtransactions (or ingame currency, albeit somewhat expensive) to unlock classes further past the base four or so classes. Example: Berserker, Ranger, Wizard and Cleric would be the base four classes allowed, and extra effort would need to be invested in order to unlock each class. This system would more than justify character slots. Perhaps more slots could be rewarded with daily logins? Perhaps a single class could be chosen as the "daily login reward" after 30 days? New classes rotating in and out of that slot each month, limited availability type of thing? Making them available every few months or so. I think that would be neat.

N1nten

ICE ICE ICE!
Here's what I think should happen personally whilst going off some of your ideas.

Simpler classes.

Back in around 2012-2013 was when I played the most, things were simple and appealing. You leveled a core class (caster, rogue, warrior, or healer) to level 20, then you got a profession. It was nice and classes under level 20 couldn't PVP with professioned classes. Skills were simple and there weren't too many for one particular class, everything was pretty balanced with a combat triangle visualized here
nVIWbCI.png

This allowed for streamlined gameplay right from spawn, and since you had to choose a class in the tutorial, you don't have to worry about people not knowing how to choose one since it would require people to actually read the rules.

Now the main point of this is that it made for more fun pvp, and would allow towns to judge what they needed.

Also Legendary classes should be removed and worked on, they are buggy and dangerous currently.

Mob Arenas

Kainzo, I know you hated em, but they need to come back.

Mob arenas allowed players to level relatively quickly, while not needing to wait for night time to come.

Currently the modern herocraft equivalant to them are the events, but right now those suck. Seriously it's the same thing and it's spoiling everybody that does them, you guys spawn mobs, do a boss or 2, then more mobs, and usually ends with a drop party of rare and wanted items, which takes away the challenge of getting those items, and usually the people who have bards in their party get them first anyway.

Mob arenas had a diamond sink, while allowing "noobs" to get levels they wanted, while having fun.
Could even have a player leaderboard to see who can go the most rounds in the mob arena without dying, or have round 60 be a boss monster that you and your party needs to kill to get a reward.
Think the treacherous tower from zelda.
https://zeldawiki.org/Treacherous_Tower
TreacherousToweradvancedend.png

Continued later.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
The biggest change for Herocraft should be moving from a full PvP map to a Full PvE map with specific locations / events for PvP. The majority of the map should be PvE with some dungeons, conquest locations set to PvP. also, you can incorporate wars between guilds / towns (call them whatever) and those limited people can PvP anywhere - except safe spots - spawn and graveyards.

TBH Kainzo needs to make some initial decisions on what he wants and then we can throw ideas at him and the team. Kainzo needs a vision of what he wants and not let us (the players) change his mind like happens all the time the past few years where we make a change and then a map or two later revert the change.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
The biggest change for Herocraft should be moving from a full PvP map to a Full PvE map with specific locations / events for PvP. The majority of the map should be PvE with some dungeons, conquest locations set to PvP. also, you can incorporate wars between guilds / towns (call them whatever) and those limited people can PvP anywhere - except safe spots - spawn and graveyards.

TBH Kainzo needs to make some initial decisions on what he wants and then we can throw ideas at him and the team. Kainzo needs a vision of what he wants and not let us (the players) change his mind like happens all the time the past few years where we make a change and then a map or two later revert the change.

I don't understand if u want some of the map to be safe spots or what your saying with turning the map from PvP to PvE there isn't any of both right now except conquest points, but I wouldn't even call that PvP all the conquest points r used right now just for exp gains.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
I don't understand if u want some of the map to be safe spots or what your saying with turning the map from PvP to PvE there isn't any of both right now except conquest points, but I wouldn't even call that PvP all the conquest points r used right now just for exp gains.

Currently the map (pantheon) is complete PvP except for spawn.. if you see someone somewhere you can attack them.

The bulk of the map needs to be PvE with dungeons and things for players to do with/without groups to keep the PvE / Builders playing. Then the conquest locations can be PvP and some dungeons can be PvP - provided its declared. Town / Guild warfare would be PvP as well..

This will give both sides what they seek - pvp fun and safe PvE exploration / Building.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Currently the map (pantheon) is complete PvP except for spawn.. if you see someone somewhere you can attack them.

The bulk of the map needs to be PvE with dungeons and things for players to do with/without groups to keep the PvE / Builders playing. Then the conquest locations can be PvP and some dungeons can be PvP - provided its declared. Town / Guild warfare would be PvP as well..

This will give both sides what they seek - pvp fun and safe PvE exploration / Building.

this would make all the pvpers quit so it wouldn't work. There would be less pvp then there already is considering your adding more safezones. And your town is more then a safezone right now considering you can't even be seen.
Most of the players would just farm in PvE areas why risk the PvP you can have PvE but it has to be very moderate and the above 20 dungeons should all be pvp under 20 is non pvp.

"if you see someone somewhere you can attack them." IF you see someone

Last edited:

Xenthyr

Legacy Supporter 9
Just thought of this~
If we get a new map, I'd appreciate colder biomes and regions to the north, and warmer, perhaps tropical biomes in the south/near the middle of the map. Maybe a small south pole. Right now, everything is just scattered around.
Just to add a bit of realism? ;3
Agreed, having somewhat realistic snow biome placement would be great! I absolutely hate running through the map and going from desert to snow then straight to jungle or some such

FaZeAlpine

ICE ICE ICE!
I can completely agree with that. We definitely do have too many classes available to justify slots, people switch classes on the daily (looking at you @FaZeAlpine, making clutch class swaps before you even hit level 15, 3+ times a day).

I do agree that jumping puzzles/mini-dungeons would be extravagant to incorporate. Like no notification that they are jumping puzzles, just like GW2. Just exploration to determine "hey that's a jumping puzzle."

I have heard the idea float around of - since it seems an entirely new server is on the horizon, renamed/rebranded from Herocraft's flagship title - a reimplementation of how classes are selected/unlocked. Words have been spoken of ideas of microtransactions (or ingame currency, albeit somewhat expensive) to unlock classes further past the base four or so classes. Example: Berserker, Ranger, Wizard and Cleric would be the base four classes allowed, and extra effort would need to be invested in order to unlock each class. This system would more than justify character slots. Perhaps more slots could be rewarded with daily logins? Perhaps a single class could be chosen as the "daily login reward" after 30 days? New classes rotating in and out of that slot each month, limited availability type of thing? Making them available every few months or so. I think that would be neat.

I appreciate the shout-out James! :D

Belisarius1991

Legacy Supporter 3
I have formulated a few areas of note/concern for review. I really enjoy Herocraft and want to see it thrive. I have had a great deal of fun on this server and it is the only server that I have ever spent money on and hopefully it will continue to be the only server I ever want to be a part of.

PVP
One of the largest factors I see causing problems with player retention is the fact that new players are repeatedly killed. They don’t know what they are doing yet as Herocraft’s combat system, while it is great and I highly enjoy it, is not the easiest to get a handle on. Experienced players slaughter newer players and run them off before we have a chance to help them and get them going. New players should expect to die, but they should be protected in some way until they get acclimated to the ways of Herocraft. I’m perfectly fine with pvp. But don’t let experienced players drive off new players before they have a chance to love Herocraft. If you want more pvp, create the arenas or whatever type of event you need to. I’m game for that. But give the new players a break. We need them.

LWCs
The lack of refunding for lwc chests is a horrible idea. This hurts new players. While we shouldn’t have to hold their hands, they should be able to store stuff safely in a chest. Should they wish to move to a new location/town, they should be able to get their money back to place the lwc on a new chest. This won’t hurt us veteran players as much as it will put off newer players.

Economy
The economy is in shambles. When I returned after a time of inactivity to a new map, I went to the spawn and looked around. I wondered where all the custom shops I remember had gone. Thinking back, I can’t even remember the spawn of the preceding map. It must have lacked the charm I remember in earlier maps. The current spawn town is not nearly as spectacular as some of the preceding towns. The merchant class is useless. The global trading system is too easy. Get rid of it. I miss searching the shops at spawn for good deals. Several players have suggesting moving back to a gold standard and I think that would be a good move. Newer players understand that type of system.

World Travel/Stuff to Do
I remember in previous maps our town built a huge system of roads that led to areas across the world. Now it seems that is totally unnecessary. Where would the road go? The only place I go is back and forth from my town to spawn and vis versa. There isn’t any need to go elsewhere. Where are the dungeons? Why in the world can we have darkrooms? Get rid of those and give us the dangerous dungeons again. Give us places to go. The danger of travel is gone. Bring it back please, it was so much fun. I miss needing to hire wizards for GTPs because it was difficult to travel to spawn. Graveyards, Dungeons, and other locations to travel to should be implemented. Quests would be really fun if we could set that up.

Griefing
One major reason our town could build roads is because we knew people weren’t allowed to bother them. Granted, I have seen my fair share of ugly buildings. But I also saw a lot of really nice builds that weren’t regioned. I am sure it is a pain enforcing that type of thing but I miss the no griefing policy. I’m not suggesting you can’t touch another players build (i.e. I think you should be able to break in to raid a place) but I don’t think someone should be able to destroy a build of someone else’s. Particularly a nice build that has had lots of work put into it. Maybe a clear outline of what counts as an off-limits build could be established? Maybe not but I just remember lots of neat non-regioned builds in earlier maps.

Towns
I can’t imagine Herocraft without townships. It has been the single greatest part of Herocraft. I’d rather lose the combat system than towns. I have thoroughly enjoyed building towns with friends. I have gained so many great pals and created so many great memories though the township aspect of Herocraft. I realize not everyone wants to be in a town but this plugin is what has kept me in Herocraft for so long. I didn’t like when it was taken out last map. I thought it was a big mistake. But as has already been said, don’t make townships something that just anyone can start up. It should be a big ordeal that requires some serious startup to get going. I sincerely hope you don’t make townships a negligible part of Herocraft as it has been the best aspect of Herocraft for me and many others.

If I neglected anything, just refer to SoHighFive’s post as I agree with nearly everything he has mentioned.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I have formulated a few areas of note/concern for review. I really enjoy Herocraft and want to see it thrive. I have had a great deal of fun on this server and it is the only server that I have ever spent money on and hopefully it will continue to be the only server I ever want to be a part of.

PVP
One of the largest factors I see causing problems with player retention is the fact that new players are repeatedly killed. They don’t know what they are doing yet as Herocraft’s combat system, while it is great and I highly enjoy it, is not the easiest to get a handle on. Experienced players slaughter newer players and run them off before we have a chance to help them and get them going. New players should expect to die, but they should be protected in some way until they get acclimated to the ways of Herocraft. I’m perfectly fine with pvp. But don’t let experienced players drive off new players before they have a chance to love Herocraft. If you want more pvp, create the arenas or whatever type of event you need to. I’m game for that. But give the new players a break. We need them.

LWCs
The lack of refunding for lwc chests is a horrible idea. This hurts new players. While we shouldn’t have to hold their hands, they should be able to store stuff safely in a chest. Should they wish to move to a new location/town, they should be able to get their money back to place the lwc on a new chest. This won’t hurt us veteran players as much as it will put off newer players.

Economy
The economy is in shambles. When I returned after a time of inactivity to a new map, I went to the spawn and looked around. I wondered where all the custom shops I remember had gone. Thinking back, I can’t even remember the spawn of the preceding map. It must have lacked the charm I remember in earlier maps. The current spawn town is not nearly as spectacular as some of the preceding towns. The merchant class is useless. The global trading system is too easy. Get rid of it. I miss searching the shops at spawn for good deals. Several players have suggesting moving back to a gold standard and I think that would be a good move. Newer players understand that type of system.

World Travel/Stuff to Do
I remember in previous maps our town built a huge system of roads that led to areas across the world. Now it seems that is totally unnecessary. Where would the road go? The only place I go is back and forth from my town to spawn and vis versa. There isn’t any need to go elsewhere. Where are the dungeons? Why in the world can we have darkrooms? Get rid of those and give us the dangerous dungeons again. Give us places to go. The danger of travel is gone. Bring it back please, it was so much fun. I miss needing to hire wizards for GTPs because it was difficult to travel to spawn. Graveyards, Dungeons, and other locations to travel to should be implemented. Quests would be really fun if we could set that up.

Griefing
One major reason our town could build roads is because we knew people weren’t allowed to bother them. Granted, I have seen my fair share of ugly buildings. But I also saw a lot of really nice builds that weren’t regioned. I am sure it is a pain enforcing that type of thing but I miss the no griefing policy. I’m not suggesting you can’t touch another players build (i.e. I think you should be able to break in to raid a place) but I don’t think someone should be able to destroy a build of someone else’s. Particularly a nice build that has had lots of work put into it. Maybe a clear outline of what counts as an off-limits build could be established? Maybe not but I just remember lots of neat non-regioned builds in earlier maps.

Towns
I can’t imagine Herocraft without townships. It has been the single greatest part of Herocraft. I’d rather lose the combat system than towns. I have thoroughly enjoyed building towns with friends. I have gained so many great pals and created so many great memories though the township aspect of Herocraft. I realize not everyone wants to be in a town but this plugin is what has kept me in Herocraft for so long. I didn’t like when it was taken out last map. I thought it was a big mistake. But as has already been said, don’t make townships something that just anyone can start up. It should be a big ordeal that requires some serious startup to get going. I sincerely hope you don’t make townships a negligible part of Herocraft as it has been the best aspect of Herocraft for me and many others.

If I neglected anything, just refer to SoHighFive’s post as I agree with nearly everything he has mentioned.
I have to agree with just about everything said here. I might not completely agree while a gold system is simpler I don't think it would solve the problem with our currency system. currently the coins value of souls is significantly lower than the value of experience you gain by eating them. the value of large soul fragments is almost 5th time cheaper than the 1000exp crystals sold in /shop

1k experience crystals are 250c

1000/75 = 13.333
13.333*5 = 66 666

I think it says a lot about the perceived value of souls shards vs what they're bought for by the server when I spent a couple of days trying to buy them for higher prices than the exchange and didn't manage to buy a single soul shard in that time.

Pontus

TNT
I never said there was anything wrong with coming up with ideas! It's great we're all gathered here to discourse over the future of the server, it's just that since we operate with such a unique set of tools, just scrapping those and copying that which another server has perfected over the years is asinine. It's best we do something that hasn't been done before, or at least something that has but with our own Herocraft flavor, yes?
Yes, i understand, it just felt like my idéa was wrong, that´s all. But i agree that Herocraft should be different. :)