• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

The Super Ultra Mega Thread of What You Want + Herocraft RPG

To start, I really do enjoy this server now that I know how stuff works and what classes I enjoy. Thanks everyone for putting so much thought and effort into HC.

That being said, here are a few things from a mainly PvE/builder (sorry so wordy!):

-The introduction for new players has a visually confusing layout and is not very informative on what classes and HC in general really have to offer. It also doesn't necessarily make it evident how to get going in the game, as I see a lot of "what do I do" help requests that go unanswered and those people never returning. I'm not saying you need to walk them through every aspect, but there needs to be a clear message that Herocraft focuses on PvP and competition while building a solid community of players, and showing them how to integrate into it would be good.

What if there was an area that allowed you to try out a few abilities/skills of combat classes and pvp against other folks without any consequences? I remember there being an arena where you could pick a class not your own, with unlocked abilities, and pvp to try it out. I got some of the best advice and new friends there that I've kept for years. Could a concept similar to that be an effective way to introduce players to the potentials of various classes when they first start HC?

As some others have stated, player interaction is pretty slim on this server, and even though I don't often pvp, I feel like I was much more encouraged to do so in previous servers: bounties happened a lot more, and darkrooms were illegal.

I like the simplified township system this map. It's still a good way to socialize new players. There will always be people who will play, join a town and then not log on again. Life happens, and their locked chests expire so free stuff for everyone else! Towns, imo, help keep some players interested. However, I agree with Weikauno that some of the complex stuff like owning and expanding townships need an in-game book, perhaps one that appears upon forming the township. Thaumcraft has an excellent in-game manual for the mod.

I do feel like the legal darkrooms have made it less pertinent to leave a township to grind levels, so some pve dungeons would probably encourage player interaction. Not just the noob dungeon either! A lot of senior players have helped me in the past in dungeons and I did the same once I leveled.

Quests! Weekend events! I loved watching my townies compete at arenas!!

P2w can make people angry, cause you to lose loyal players, or just aggravate folks in general. I know you need money to keep this server going, but there has to be another way. I'd totally buy a HC logo or Kainzo head decal for the toaster I run this game on, or a t-shirt. Merch is fun, and could be advertised for free on the hc site homepage. I know that has an initial cost but it could be good revenue once your player base is more stable. You could do limited edition releases of in-game content too.

Speaking as a former business owner here: If you're going to dump money into advertising like you stated, I highly suggest having a finished, streamlined and professional website. It is one of the first things people see when considering you as a potential, and it needs to be convenient and accessible to go alongside a product that is equally appealing. If players are referred to the wiki, or want to purchase from the shop, you definitely want to make it easy to do, have it look like the rest of your online content, and be clear about and entice them with what it is they are buying in the shop or gearing up for in-game.

I know that I'm not the most experienced player on here but I wanted to give a little input.

Thanks for asking your players, Kainzo.

Edit: Added advertising bit as a later thought.

Last edited:

Xenthyr

Legacy Supporter 9
Honesly, I came back for about a week. And quit again.

Until people can't level via pvp by repeatedly fisty-cuffing their friend and/or alt that they're multiboxing and we find a way to stop people from multiboxing a ranger alt to simply endlessly hunt down other players all day with their main, then I'm just not interested in playing... I feel like even having exp rewards for pvp in and of itself is a losing strategy. If you want to have rewards for arena fights, that's one thing, but simply being able to lvl up to max lvl in a few hours worth of repeat-kill exploitation is BS.

Even having darkrooms I feel like is detracting from the game, I preferred the days when they were illegal and you either spent the time and effort illuminating/filling in caves to push spawns to the surface (usually in a swamp) OR (preferably) bringing back dungeons which actually encourages some pvp/competition with a purpose aside from just running around stalking random solo players.

Not to mention that griefing isn't only not against the rules but is almost encouraged. Towns are one thing, residences are another...but what's the motivation to build a cool looking cabin if it has to be limited to a tiny residence-sized plot to be protected. And so you're basically forced to make a storage vault and build around it...just to have some bored kids come along and rip holes in it looking for crap to steal.

I think part of the problem is the 'too pvp' minded aim the server has had especially in the more recent year or two. A HUGE amount of my old friends and players from other servers find most of their fun in building intricate bases and the pve/team-oriented aspects of Minecraft. Some of the best fun we had was running groups through some of the more difficult/rewarding dungeons a couple maps ago, but I feel like all that content got pushed to the back burner so the staff could focus on more arena/pvp oriented things that are probably causing part of the loss of interest of a lot of the newer players that come in to try the server out. Minecraft is about more than just killing other players and griefing their base...

Last edited:

spiralz

Obsidian
IMO, it seems we are gonna be trying to appeal to an audience with a very low attention span and those with a "gimme gimme!" attitude or those who are lazy and want to just have all the info on how the server works instantly downloaded into their mind. If that's what's going to make up the majority of the players on the server, that doesn't sound fun. I like the bit of complexity that HC has had. When I was a noob, learning all the ropes was a ton of fun and reading the wiki to learn about all the exciting things I've never seen before was thrilling. This is honestly the only server I ever play on MC, so I have nothing else to compare it to and I don't know what the kiddies are expecting these days. But I don't believe a majority of the issue with keeping a solid and high population on the server is the server itself, it's the players who join it expecting something they aren't going to receive or something easy they can just pop into and dominate like some Flappy Bird equivalent. HC has always taken effort to learn and get used to, and that's not a bad thing. Incoming players need to suck it up and deal with it.

Anyway, that being said, maybe we need to create a way for incoming players to see what *can* be achieved if they work at it and play through the game and earn the great things they want. Like in MMORPGs, players go into the game wanting to become powerful and have the most badass, thick, black, spiky armor and giant flaming sword, so they begin to work their way towards that regardless of the learning curve and grind. But of course HC doesn't have the option to make badass looking characters, so something else would have to take its place, although I'm unsure what it would be. I think when new players join the server, they don't know what they are supposed to want to work towards, if anything. They see that you can be a class and use earned skills, but what more? What is it they want to achieve? What's the rewarding endgame? I've always been a sucker for sandbox/exploration/building/RPG games, so I don't know what it is those types of players might want. Since character aesthetics aren't much of an option, then maybe some kind of way to portray how powerful their character is.

Random thought: Ok so what if there were tiered skills throughout the leveling process like if lvl 1-20 had a specific set of weaker, less-impressive skills, then 21-50 had a new set of skills a bit stronger and more versatile, then maybe 50-60 would have much more powerful and impressive looking skills but would require more actual skill to use. So tier 1 skills are weaker but easy to use, tier 2 skills are moderate strength and moderate difficulty, then tier 3 skills are high strength and high difficulty. Since it seems we are going a simpler route, each tier of skills would only contain like 4 different ones, thus still keeping simplicity but not being boring throughout the leveling process.

For a couple suggestions, I'd think adding in Races would be cool and refreshing. Choosing a permanent race at the beginning to simply add a passive buff to the character. For example, maybe choosing Dwarf would give passive Darkvision (and maybe increased strength and constitution/endurance) or Elf could give increased melee speed (and maybe increased Dex and Intellect) or Halfling could give passive Sneak (and maybe increased Wisdom and Charisma), or just something along those lines to add another layer of individuality.

Also, I had always liked having Graveyards across the map (could maybe be reintroduced as churches/cathedrals). Being forced to travel from a graveyard back to a deathpoint or town was kind of fun imo. I liked the feeling of being resurrected after death in a kind of vaguely lore-based way. It also would get players to build roads and enhanced exploration because of this. There does seem to be too much teleporting from safe-zone to safe-zone and not enough forced world travel. Being able to instantly tp to spawn seems to defeat the purpose of Herogates, and if the tp was removed, would make HGs much more relevant. Graveyards also helped the economy as players would sell Redstone and other items outside the zone. Now, I understand that Graveyard camping was an issue in the past, but those maps kept their popularity regardless and if it became so much of an issue, then I'm sure a different solution could be found (perhaps by using some mechanics that have been added to MC since graveyards were removed).

How about more extravagant skill effects? Effects enhance the feeling of power and strength when using a skill. If some skills had more flashy particle effects or whatever, I think it would add to the fun/wow factor. For example, the Vampire boss in that test dungeon had some sweeeet effects and if players could have skills that look like that, they'd be much happier using them. Some of the newer class skills have been improving with particle effects, but still not quite to the extent I'm thinking.

I just think the server needs to add some things that makes new players think "WOW, that's unique and cool and impressive! I wanna play more because of this!"

franniested

Legacy Supporter 5
Honesly, I came back for about a week. And quit again.

Until people can't level via pvp by repeatedly fisty-cuffing their friend and/or alt that they're multiboxing and we find a way to stop people from multiboxing a ranger alt to simply endlessly hunt down other players all day with their main, then I'm just not interested in playing... I feel like even having exp rewards for pvp in and of itself is a losing strategy. If you want to have rewards for arena fights, that's one thing, but simply being able to lvl up to max lvl in a few hours worth of repeat-kill exploitation is BS.

Not to mention that griefing isn't only not against the rules but is almost encouraged. Towns are one thing, residences are another...but what's the motivation to build a cool looking cabin if it has to be limited to a tiny residence-sized plot to be protected. And so you're basically forced to make a storage vault and build around it...just to have some bored kids come along and rip holes in it looking for crap to steal.

I think part of the problem is the 'too pvp' minded aim the server has had especially in the more recent year or two. A HUGE amount of my old friends and players from other servers find most of their fun in building intricate bases and the pve/team-oriented aspects of Minecraft. Some of the best fun we had was running groups through some of the more difficult/rewarding dungeons a couple maps ago, but I feel like all that content got pushed to the back burner so the staff could focus on more arena/pvp oriented things that are probably causing part of the loss of interest of a lot of the newer players that come in to try the server out. Minecraft is about more than just killing other players and griefing their base...

You said a whole lot of blatantly untrue things? Is this a joke?

Xenthyr

Legacy Supporter 9
Blatantly untrue? I'm simply stating what I saw happen repeatedly during the week I came back. Seeing pvp messages pop up that "so-and-so killed so-and-so in fisty-cuffs 15 times in a row" pop up multiple times in a day. Then have a mod come online who will remain unnamed who straight up says it's supposed to be against the rules, but "as long as you don't use it to lvl to max than they didn't care."

I'm not trying to slander the server, I'm pointing out problems that I saw while I was playing that lead to my loss of interest. If you want to argue the point, feel free.

That being said, there was a point in time when I loved the server and spent almost all of my freetime outside of work playing on it. I'd love if some of the things I once loved about it were re-introduced.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Blatantly untrue? I'm simply stating what I saw happen repeatedly during the week I came back. Seeing pvp messages pop up that "so-and-so killed so-and-so in fisty-cuffs 15 times in a row" pop up multiple times in a day. Then have a mod come online who will remain unnamed who straight up says it's supposed to be against the rules, but "as long as you don't use it to lvl to max than they didn't care."

I'm not trying to slander the server, I'm pointing out problems that I saw while I was playing that lead to my loss of interest. If you want to argue the point, feel free.

That being said, there was a point in time when I loved the server and spent almost all of my freetime outside of work playing on it. I'd love if some of the things I once loved about it were re-introduced.
thats not killing the same person 15 times, they have 15 kills without dying, 15 kills on all players combined

Xenthyr

Legacy Supporter 9
They were killing the same person. And it was more than just the one player that was exploiting the system, multiple people were doing it over the course of a few days. I don't have any sort of chat log to prove it though so I guess I'm basically just shouting into the wind here...but it's the biggest part of why I think exp gains for killing players should just get removed...

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
They were killing the same person. And it was more than just the one player that was exploiting the system, multiple people were doing it over the course of a few days. I don't have any sort of chat log to prove it though so I guess I'm basically just shouting into the wind here...but it's the biggest part of why I think exp gains for killing players should just get removed...
There is an issue with the death messages plugin that defaults to killed by fist. Not only that, but pvp kills are around 50 exp, so this isn't even close to being a big deal.

Xenthyr

Legacy Supporter 9
To start, I really do enjoy this server now that I know how stuff works and what classes I enjoy. Thanks everyone for putting so much thought and effort into HC.

That being said, here are a few things from a mainly PvE/builder (sorry so wordy!):

-The introduction for new players has a visually confusing layout and is not very informative on what classes and HC in general really have to offer. It also doesn't necessarily make it evident how to get going in the game, as I see a lot of "what do I do" help requests that go unanswered and those people never returning. I'm not saying you need to walk them through every aspect, but there needs to be a clear message that Herocraft focuses on PvP and competition while building a solid community of players, and showing them how to integrate into it would be good.

What if there was an area that allowed you to try out a few abilities/skills of combat classes and pvp against other folks without any consequences? I remember there being an arena where you could pick a class not your own, with unlocked abilities, and pvp to try it out. I got some of the best advice and new friends there that I've kept for years. Could a concept similar to that be an effective way to introduce players to the potentials of various classes when they first start HC?

As some others have stated, player interaction is pretty slim on this server, and even though I don't often pvp, I feel like I was much more encouraged to do so in previous servers: bounties happened a lot more, and darkrooms were illegal.

I like the simplified township system this map. It's still a good way to socialize new players. There will always be people who will play, join a town and then not log on again. Life happens, and their locked chests expire so free stuff for everyone else! Towns, imo, help keep some players interested. However, I agree with Weikauno that some of the complex stuff like owning and expanding townships need an in-game book, perhaps one that appears upon forming the township. Thaumcraft has an excellent in-game manual for the mod.

I do feel like the legal darkrooms have made it less pertinent to leave a township to grind levels, so some pve dungeons would probably encourage player interaction. Not just the noob dungeon either! A lot of senior players have helped me in the past in dungeons and I did the same once I leveled.

Quests! Weekend events! I loved watching my townies compete at arenas!!

P2w can make people angry, cause you to lose loyal players, or just aggravate folks in general. I know you need money to keep this server going, but there has to be another way. I'd totally buy a HC logo or Kainzo head decal for the toaster I run this game on, or a t-shirt. Merch is fun, and could be advertised for free on the hc site homepage. I know that has an initial cost but it could be good revenue once your player base is more stable. You could do limited edition releases of in-game content too.

I know that I'm not the most experienced player on here but I wanted to give a little input.

Thanks for asking your players, Kainzo.

I agree whole-heartedly with pretty much everything that you said here, the tutorial was very confusing for me and I'm not even completely new to the server. It probably needs to be redesigned to be more informative with less invisible walls, probably still a linear path but one that naturally leads you through and encourages you to read as you go. I feel like a lot of the questions in help/tour channels were questions that were answered on some sign in the tutorial somewhere, but a lot of new players are used to MC servers having a 'tutorial path' and just run through without even reading. Maybe you could make a couple of minor puzzles or base-jumping rooms along the way that encourage them to actually pause and read along the way instead of just sprinting straight through the portal. Not sure if that would even help, really...but it's a thought.

There is an issue with the death messages plugin that defaults to killed by fist. Not only that, but pvp kills are around 50 exp, so this isn't even close to being a big deal.

Seems like killing mobs was getting me around 100 xp/kill. And yeah darkrooms would probably be faster in terms of xp, but I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree that it isn't an easily exploitable system.

Last edited:

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Seems like killing mobs was getting me around 100 xp/kill. And yeah darkrooms would probably be faster in terms of xp, but I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree that it isn't an easily exploitable system.
No... because killing a player takes more time and the player is able to run away increasing the time it takes. It is way more viable to level killing mobs... idk what you are on about.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Player retention is certainly something that has been lacking in Hero craft the past years. A major issue for that is rushing new maps that are not fully complete, and no activities in place to keep players engaged. There is literally nothing to do on the server right now besides build a massive town. Rent is so cheap that you don't even need to play to keep it alive.

Anyway, onto suggestions and what I always wanted from Herocraft.

Dungeons
Dungeons haven been talked about, experimented and not really fluid in game. Dungeons don't even need to be on the current map! What needs to happen is have dungeon builds placed around the map, with a portal at the start which will bring you to another world to reduce lag.
Challenging mobs, with changing dynamic are needed to keep things fresh and to encourage parties.
I would also love to see custom item drops in dungeons, different in each dungeon to give players a reason to visit a variety of them. These drops should be used in custom crafting, or for upgrades, or simply sold to vendors.

Oh, and remove dark rooms. I can't believe that those are allowed again.

Quests
Another thing takes about for years. I wouldn't be surprised if an advertisement banner still said we have quests. I think the only time they were in game was Bastion, and that was only 4-5 poor proof of concept.
What needs to be introduced is quest hubs throughout the map, ideally at each HG, where you will find quest givers, vendors, and class trainers (more on that later).
The quests can be anything from killing mobs, to gathering drops from mobs, or surrounding foliage.
The key here is for custom drops that only activate when you have that quest (like every other RPG) so you don't see people farming drops and selling them.
Vendors in the quest hub should buy custom item drops from mobs and dungeons.

Classes
As someone mentioned already, I believe that lost soul would be a great readdition, if only for 10 levels, then when they choose a class, start at level 10.
On top of this, I want to destroy the drops to make codexes to change classes. It takes up too much inventory space and are too common. Have an extremely rare chance to obtain a codex through leveling, or purchase from a class trainer in quest hubs, or purchase with real money.
I would still like to see the purchase of individual skills from a trainer once the level requirement is met as well.

Custom items
I find there are too many senseless items like the class codexes as mentioned.
At the same time, there aren't enough custom items! Let's have more drops from mobs, ores, and foliage! Iron can drop a rare type of ingot that could be sold to a Smith to make a special chest; custom food that can add small temporary buffs, etc.

Economy
Death the global market, bring back chest shops and a trade district. Completely remove chestshops from other classes, only rely on a merchant to act as a third party. Tax merchants per transaction if necessary, or have a higher cost per chestshops created, (first 10 cost 25c, then increase by 5c each shop or something)
Keep soul drops from mobs, at reduced rates.
Add similar drops to ores, however dropped as gems, and very reduced rates.
Either fix or completely remove the ore regeneration.

For the love of God, do not go P2W. There is a way to do it... If purchases from the store still give you token of favour or whatever it was called, put those to use. Make them a town upgrade requirement, an expensive ingredient in custom crafting, or anything else. Basically it would act as a sub currency as players will trade it based on supply and demand. People who want a head start can buy them with money.

PvP
While I'm not very versed in PvP, I do hear it's hard to find it now-a-days. Bring back duel and arena. It was a great way to give people their fix, and allowed non PvPers like myself a stress free way to challenge others and learn.
Bounties would be a good way to get people around the map as well. Players on a 10 or 15 kill streak should be auto bountied by the server for something like 50-100c, and every subsequent kill should increase it by 5-10. This could help with camping, and get people out PvPing more.

I think that's all I have for now. Sorry for poor formatting as I typed this on my phone at work.

Edit: forgot to add the PvP bit

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
About fixing the economy, why don't we leave it up to the people who knew it best back when money was more relevant. Allow them to design a new cool and interactive system which @Jonsoon briefly outlined above.

Guys like @Jonsoon @Yavool come to mind.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I don't want to convolute this post with a bunch of ideas but can we do some of these things -

Disclaimer: I know these changes call for a map wipe

Go back to the previous map
  • It was visually appealing on the dynmap
  • Nether-y areas were interesting and gave easy access to the mob drops of the nether
  • Herogates were used to reach more than just the castles, it got you to appropriate biomes too (not too unlike they are now, but to the extreme)
  • Some (but not all) of the dungeons felt in-place and integrated to the landscape. Those should return
  • Don't re-use the spawn, it has a corner's worth of trade district that isn't even usable. We can make something better.
Bring back a few dungeons on the main world
  • Instanced dungeons are more salable and better sure, but no reason we shouldn't have a few lower level ones to bide our time and practice.
  • Prepare holiday themed dungeons for temporary instanced use ahead of time
Gameplay tweaks:
  • Bring back graveyards
  • bring back chest shops
  • Create weapon and armor sets that are craftable by max level professions only. They don't have to be better than the dungeon sets but they should still be good.
  • Add port spires, either now or next map. This is vital to the port skill.
  • Remove warp from every class except for crafter OR make it a 12 hour cooldown for non-crafter.
Fix war/townships before releasing a new map
  • Yes, I am aware this is actually my job. I have like midterms and stuff so it's not a quick thing I can just do, but I will get done somewhat soon. By no means should I have to do this alone.
  • I'm not a fan of how collaboration is done by the coders in general. You just kind-of give us access and we go ham (if we are motivated or inspired to do so). I think you need to hire a lead coder that manages expectations, deadlines, and who is doing what. It's not an open source project, make some rules and enforce them.
Discord
  • We should seek formal discord partnership --> https://discordapp.com/partners
  • To do this we should first re-think how discord is handled. Right now in-game mods and admins are mods and admins on discord. Before I made Herobot they didn't really have much difference about them. I think it might be better if either another team like proctors had some level of power in discord to clean up chat or if a new staff position was created for that purpose. The mod/admin thing worked well on Teamspeak but moderation on discord is different. It's all about text, not voice as the text is persistent and global. We have far too many options to talk about but we should sit down sometime and decide where we want to go with it.
Balance
  • Keep the beta server on
  • Either finish the class revamp before the next release OR take out the unfinished classes and launch without them. They can be tested and released later.
  • ramp up exp gain on the beta server. make testing new classes fun for the non-staff volunteers or else they won't do it.

edit: added balance section

Last edited:

klop552

TNT
I think that the most important thing to retain new players is a better tutorial. I believe that most people leave because they join the server and are overwhelmed by the fact that they have no idea what they are doing. Here is a list in order of importance of what the tutorial needs to explain:
1. Classes/Professions - Knowing what each class and profession is about and is able to do is just generally important.
2.Important commands - Not knowing important commands such as how to bind skills to items, how to correctly join the help channel or even how to hero reset can be frustrating and needs to be prevented.Maybe make it clear that support classes like cleric are easier to play with groups.
2. Townships - Townships are a large and important part of what makes herocraft. Clearly outlining the benefits of joining a town and the standard process to do so will incentivise new players to join the social aspect of the server which in my opinion is one of the main reasons that people stick around.
3. The mob scaling system - Knowing that going out further increases the risk of dying horribly and losing all of your stuff will decrease the chance of new players dying 2000 blocks away from spawn and then quitting because they can't be bothered getting their stuff back.
4. The Wiki - Having the knowledge that there is a place with all of the relevant information to the server will further help new players to become better informed.
5.Herogates - Many new players are put off by the fact that they can't tp to their friends, knowing about the Herogates may alleviate this problem at least to some degree.

As well as the tutorial there are many other ways to improve the overall experience of the server for new players such as:
  • Giving each class a command to make a class weapon rather than having to buy it from spawn as new players generally won't have 2 gold to replace what they lost to the first custom mob they saw.
  • Possibly give new players some sort of buff to make it easier for them in their first few days of playing.
  • Bring back arena as it gives people a way to pvp with their friends giving them something to do when they are bored.
  • Better gear progression from the start so that people are constantly getting better stuff at early levels. Everyone loves loot.\
I'll add more suggestions to the list as I think of them.

In closing, please don't change herocraft to the point where it isn't herocraft anymore. Things such as p2w are not going to help retain new players, no one goes on to a server and decides if they are going to stay based on the shop. I will continue to play on this server on and off for as long as it is still herocraft.

Last edited:

SoHighFive

Soulsand
I'm snagging this spot for a summary post of my original. That was way too much for most people to read I think.

DeniedINC

Stone
Going to give my input for when I joined and after playing for a couple weeks. First, there were too many classes and I couldn't even try them out. If I did I would pay a lot of money which I had no clue how to make reliably. All I could do was basic minecraft things or capture castles. This made me unmotivated to come back every day.

The website has a bad design, it feels like (no offense) someone created an enjin site, slapped on a logo w/ background and called it a day. It was hard to navigate and there is SO MUCH clutter it's hard to focus on anything. You should hire a web dev to custom make the site and make the buycraft site the same design so it feels like 1 complete site.

It feels kind of unplayable without the modpack. Once I got the modpack it was MUCH more fun and easy. It would be a good idea to find a way to reduce reliance on the modpack.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Going to give my input for when I joined and after playing for a couple weeks. First, there were too many classes and I couldn't even try them out. If I did I would pay a lot of money which I had no clue how to make reliably. All I could do was basic minecraft things or capture castles. This made me unmotivated to come back every day.

The website has a bad design, it feels like (no offense) someone created an enjin site, slapped on a logo w/ background and called it a day. It was hard to navigate and there is SO MUCH clutter it's hard to focus on anything. You should hire a web dev to custom make the site and make the buycraft site the same design so it feels like 1 complete site.

It feels kind of unplayable without the modpack. Once I got the modpack it was MUCH more fun and easy. It would be a good idea to find a way to reduce reliance on the modpack.
New forum layout is needed bad...