• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

New Class: Shaman

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
If we can agree to up the number to 7 at least I'll do the config now.
And by that I mean I'm setting it to 7 and doing the config now.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
After the play testing I have done on shaman it's looking pretty good. Besides the guaranteed response of it being "OP" (What new class isn't labeled op...) That said I find the warm-up on Wind Gale finicky. It feels weird to have the skill meant to keep people off you, slow you.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
After the play testing I have done on shaman it's looking pretty good. Besides the guaranteed response of it being "OP" (What new class isn't labeled op...) That said I find the warm-up on Wind Gale finicky. It feels weird to have the skill meant to keep people off you, slow you.
warm up seems fine to me. Need macros to start balancing vs other classes

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Hmm, noticing that Shaman is a pain to level with just an axe and ShockingStrike until you hit 15 and get Firestrike. Then it's a cakewalk.
Ofc, not suggesting to change Firestrike's numbers, this will stay the same fundamentally, just stating in case skills are shuffled around.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
More playing testing and I'm finding that Firestrike hits far less than advertised because the fire ticks count toward the vanilla no dmg timer and fireballs obey it.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
More playing testing and I'm finding that Firestrike hits far less than advertised because the fire ticks count toward the vanilla no dmg timer and fireballs obey it.
Yeah we may need to go over how it works. Either we need to decrease the tick rate and increase the damage/scaling (So when it hits again there is no fire to mess things up) or we reduce the duration of the firetick and adjust the damage/scaling accordingly.

Last edited:

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
@0xNaomi
@malikdanab
Wiki page is done for shaman
http://herocraftonline.com/wiki/Shaman
Also I still need the tool values for shaman (max and base) dmg wise, skins, and lore description.
@Kainzo
The page appears on the hero page.
http://herocraftonline.com/wiki/Heroes
But not on the class list or the index page.
http://herocraftonline.com/wiki/Main_Page
I don't have the perms to edit it so just tagging.

Here's the file if you want to edit it and don't have wiki perms.
== Description ==
=== The Tribal Healer of the Healer Path (Axe) ===
Description to come~
<hr style="margin-top:1em; margin-bottom:1em; clear:both;">
NOTE: This table shows the points the class would have if all [[Attributes|Attribute]] points were set to zero.
{| style="border-collapse: collapse; width: {width|100%};"
| rowspan=2 valign="top"|
{| style="border:1px solid #A3B1BF; width:180px"
|- style="background: #9FCCDF;"
! colspan="2"| Health
|-
| style="background: #DDD;"|Base Health Points||617<sup>*</sup>
|-
| style="background: #DDD;"|Increase per level||3.5
|-
| style="background: #DDD;"|Health Points @ 65|| {{#expr: trunc(617+3.5*64)}}<sup>*</sup>
|-
| style="background: #DDD;"|Regen by|| Foods
|-
|}
| valign="top" |
! colspan="2" | Mana
|-
| style="background: #DDD;"|Base Mana Points|| 688<sup>*</sup>
|-
| style="background: #DDD;"|Increase per level|| 3
|-
| style="background: #DDD;"|Mana Points @ 65|| {{#expr: trunc(688+3*64)}}<sup>*</sup>
|-
| style="background: #DDD;"|Regen amt per 5 sec|| 20<sup>*</sup>
|-
|}
| valign="top" |
! colspan="2" | Stamina
|-
| style="background: #DDD;"|Base Stamina Points || 1000
|-
| style="background: #DDD;"|Increase per level || n/a
|-
| style="background: #DDD;"|Stamina Points @ 65|| 1000
|-
| style="background: #DDD;"|Regen amt per 1 sec|| 30<sup>*</sup>
|-
|}
| valign="top" |
{| style="border:1px solid #A3B1BF; width=180px"
! colspan="2" | Misc
|-
| style="background: #DDD;"|Max Levels||65
|-
| style="background: #DDD;"|Base Equip Weight||33.5<sup>*</sup>
|-
| style="background: #DDD;"|Weapon of choice||Axe
|-
| style="background: #DDD;"|..||
|-
|}
|}
{{Attribute_effects}}
{| style="border:1px solid #A3B1BF; width:710px"
! colspan="14" | Base Attribute Allocations
|-
| style="background: #DDD;" align="middle"|Strength||3||style="background: #DDD;" align="middle"|Constitution||-5||style="background: #DDD;" align="middle"|Endurance||4||style="background: #DDD;" align="middle"|Agility||0|| style="background: #DDD;" align="middle"|Intellect||5||style="background: #DDD;" align="middle"|Wisdom||7||style="background: #DDD;" align="middle"|Charisma||0
|-
|}
{| style="border:1px solid #A3B1BF" width="710px"
! colspan="7" | Cleric: Skills
|- style="background: #DDD;" valign="top"
! width="100"|Skill
! width="40"|Level
! width="40"|MP
! width="40"|Stamina
! width="50"|Cool down
! width="50"|Reagents
! Effect
|-
| Potion || 1 || || || 3 min|| 1 [[File:potion.png]]|| You can drink [[Potions]].
|-
|- style="background: #DDD;"
| Tumble ||1 || || ||passive|| ||You are able to fall (0.1 per agility point) additional<sup>#</sup> blocks without taking damage.
|-
| Scan || 1 || 10 || || 1 ''sec''|| || You can read information about your target (within 25 blocks), including their name, class, level and health points.
|-
| ShockingStrike|| 1 || 120 || || 10 ''sec''|| || You deliver a shocking strike to your target, dealing (50+ 1.5 per Int) and interrupting their casting.
|-
| TotemRecall|| 5 || || || 20 ''sec''|| || You call your active totem back, regaining mana proportional to how much of the totem's lifespan was used, mins 10%
|-
| CleanseSpirit || 10 || 200 || || 20 ''sec''|| || Cleanse the spirit of the target, restoring (150+ 2.5 per Wis) of their health and removing 1 random debuff that does not impede movement. You are only healed 70% of what others are healed.
|-
| FirestrikeTotem || 15 || 200 || || 20 ''sec''|| || Places a firestrike totem at target location that shots fireballs at entities in a 4.9 radius dealing (35 + .25 per Int) (fire lasts for 5 secs dealing 50 dmg) Duration is (12+ .1 per lvl)
|-
| EarthenFury || 20 || 100 || || 10 ''sec''|| ||You deliver a chilling strike to your target with your axe, dealing (35+ 1.25 per Int) and slowing them for 3 seconds.
|-
| healingTotem|| 25 || 200 || || 20 ''sec''|| || Places a healing totem at target location that heals allied players for (15+ .5 per Wis) per second in a 4.9 radius. Lasts for (8+ .1 per lvl)
|-
| EngulfingTotem|| 30 || 200 || || 20 ''sec'' || || Places an engulfing totem at target location that reduces the agility of non-partied entities in a 4.9 radius by 20. Lasts for (10+ .1 per lvl)
|-
| HealingSurge|| 35 || 250 || ||30 ''sec''|| || You restore (145+ .25 per Wis) health and (2%+ .03% per Int) mana & stamina to the target over 20 seconds. You are only healed by 70% of what it does to allies.
|-
| ShockTotem || 40 || 200 || || 20 ''sec''|| || Places a shock totem at target location that strikes lightning on entities in a 4.9 radius dealing (30+ .5 Int per lvl) damage. Lasts (10+ .1 per lvl)
|-
| PrimalTotem || 45 || 200 || || 20 ''sec''|| || Places a primal totem at target location that hones the strength and of party members in a 4.9 radius. Increasing it by (25+ .25 per Wis). Lasts for (12+ .1 per lvl)
|-
| ForceTotem|| 50 || 200 || || 20 ''sec''|| || Places a force totem at target location that throws non-partied entities in a 4.9 radius into the air, dealing 0 damage and disorienting them. Lasts for (8+ .1 per lvl)
|-
| WindGale|| 55 || || || 15 ''sec''|| || You unleash strong gales of wind in front of you up to 6 blocks. Targets hit will be dealt (50+ 1.25 per Int) and knocked back based on your Wisdom. 1 sec warmup
|-
| Reincarnate|| 60 || 275 || || 45 ''sec''|| 1 [[File:Rose.png|Rose]]|| You bring your target back to life at the place where they died most recently (if you are within 50 blocks of that place). Takes 8 seconds to warm up
|-
| ChainLightning|| 65 || 150 || || 25 ''sec''|| || Start a ChainLightning chain aimed at the target, bolting hits target for (120+ 2 per Int) damage and spreads to a random target within 8.5 blocks.1.5 sec warmup
Base target: 1
Max target(s) @ lvl 65: 7
|-
|-
|}
{| style="border:1px solid #A3B1BF" width="350px"
! colspan="7" | Shaman: Tools (damage in hp)
! width="70"|Material
! width="45"|Sword
! width="45"|Pick axe
! width="45"|Axe
! width="45"|Spade
! Hoe<sup>*</sup>
|-
| style="background: #DDD;" | Wood || {{Y}} 4||{{Y}} 4||{{Y}} 4||{{Y}} 4|| {{Y}} 10-{{#expr: trunc(10+.2*64)}}
|-
| style="background: #DDD;" | Stone || {{N}} || {{Y}} 8|| {{Y}} 8|| {{Y}} 8|| {{Y}} 12.5-{{#expr: trunc(12.5+.2*64)}}
|-
| style="background: #DDD;" | Iron || {{N}} || {{N}} || {{N}} || {{N}} || {{Y}} 15-{{#expr: trunc(15+.2*64)}}
|-
| style="background: #DDD;" | Diamond || {{N}} || {{N}} || {{N}} || {{N}} || {{Y}} 17-{{#expr: trunc(17+.3*64)}}
|-
| style="background: #DDD;" | Gold || {{N}} || {{N}} || {{N}} || {{N}} || {{Y}} 17.5-{{#expr: trunc(17.5+.3*64)}}
|-
| style="background: #DDD;" | Fists || {{Y}} 4.3
|}
<sup>*</sup> Axe damage increases as your levels increase.<br> Indicates damage at level 1 and level 65.
{{Classes}}

Last edited:

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
So, apparently during the transition to live ChainLightning kept its huge warmup but got reduced to four targets.
What the heck.
Four targets isn't really something worth even using it for, just throw down Shock at that rate, it's more instant and less vulnerability for a warmup.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
So, apparently during the transition to live ChainLightning kept its huge warmup but got reduced to four targets.
What the heck.
Four targets isn't really something worth even using it for, just throw down Shock at that rate, it's more instant and less vulnerability for a warmup.

You use chain while shock is doing it thang and do an additional 800 damage?

Also as I said in the bug report, 3 computers all with the same crash. I cannot fast 4 totems without crashing MC on three different machines.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
You use chain while shock is doing it thang and do an additional 800 damage?

Also as I said in the bug report, 3 computers all with the same crash. I cannot fast 4 totems without crashing MC on three different machines.
1) Even as an additive, 4 is barely anything. Parties go up to 10. That's not even half, and it's not like it has Bastion Rejuvenation range.
2) As I said in the bug report, I need a stacktrace to be able to read anything. The info you provided I cannot read.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
1) Even as an additive, 4 is barely anything. Parties go up to 10. That's not even half, and it's not like it has Bastion Rejuvenation range.
2) As I said in the bug report, I need a stacktrace to be able to read anything. The info you provided I cannot read.

How do I get a stack trace. I have tried to look it up and I am coming up short. I can reproduce the crash in seconds, just need to know where to grab the trace.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
(Just in case you're wondering, Eldery's situation is resolved as far as I know)
So, here's by current balance suggestions for Shaman:
Totems: Higher cost. Currently I can get its cost back through natural regen.
TotemRecall: Reduce/Remove the cooldown. If you're spamming totems and recall the CD gives you perfect timing to get good mana.
FirestrikeTotem: Either up range/lower dmg or replace with support.
HealingTotem: Needs more heal.
ChainLightning: Needs more targets and/or less warmup and/or less cooldown.
ForceTotem: Needs more force and/or to deal dmg. Atm you might as well just press their space key for them. Most useless totem for sure.
Reincarnate: Haven't used it. Feels out of place.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
(Just in case you're wondering, Eldery's situation is resolved as far as I know)
So, here's by current balance suggestions for Shaman:
Totems: Higher cost. Currently I can get its cost back through natural regen.
TotemRecall: Reduce/Remove the cooldown. If you're spamming totems and recall the CD gives you perfect timing to get good mana.
FirestrikeTotem: Either up range/lower dmg or replace with support.
HealingTotem: Needs more heal.
ChainLightning: Needs more targets and/or less warmup and/or less cooldown.
ForceTotem: Needs more force and/or to deal dmg. Atm you might as well just press their space key for them. Most useless totem for sure.
Reincarnate: Haven't used it. Feels out of place.
Totems: Increase mana to 250-300?
Totem Recall: I'm fine with removing the CD
Firestrike Totem: TBH I hate fire ticks and it's kind of redundant to have 2 damage totems...maybe another support totem? Maybe a INT/WIS buff.
Healing Totem: Buff it! 15 + 0.5 WIS to 18 + 0.75
Chain Lightning: I wouldn't mine keeping it at 4 targets, but then reducing the CD to 18 (Bolt is 12)
Force Totem: Does it still blind? Either way, increase the launch way higher so it's a pseudo-root

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Totems: Increase mana to 250-300?
Firestrike Totem: TBH I hate fire ticks and it's kind of redundant to have 2 damage totems...maybe another support totem?
Chain Lightning: I wouldn't mine keeping it at 4 targets, but then reducing the CD to 18 (Bolt is 12)
Force Totem: Does it still blind? Either way, increase the launch way higher so it's a pseudo-root
Firestrike can be another support as long as it's useful.
ChainLightning... maybe. Still say the warmup is long though considering totems.
ForceTotem: Only Nausea.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Firestrike can be another support as long as it's useful.
ChainLightning... maybe. Still say the warmup is long though considering totems.
ForceTotem: Only Nausea.
Firestrike->Ancestrial Totem: Increases INT? WIS? INT and WIS? INT and mana regen?
Chain Lightning: Remove warm-up or Reduce CD to 15?
Force: Buff that launch...like by 5X or something...