• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

New Class: Shaman

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
@malikdanab
I would need to research heal amounts to comment on them, but I think HealingSurge's mana heal is ridiculous for its cost.
You spend 250 mana to cast it. Even at 30 it you get 2.9% per tick. If you have 1000 mana, that's 29 which x10 is 290.
But wait, you also have to deal with only getting 70% of THAT per tick.
With that in play, you only get 203 mana on a self cast. Not even enough to reuse the skill.
Considering that druid can get 50% of their mana INSTANTLY and beguiler's wisdom effectively doubles their mana regen...

Lets test how it feels in combat and if it's too high we can drop it to 1.5 Base and scaling to 0.025%

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Considering that druid can get 50% of their mana INSTANTLY and beguiler's wisdom effectively doubles their mana regen...

Lets test how it feels in combat and if it's too high we can drop it to 1.5 Base and scaling to 0.025%
Ridiculously low. Not high. Like I said, it doesn't even recover its mana cost with 30 int.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Ridiculously low. Not high. Like I said, it doesn't even recover its mana cost with 30 int.
Oh...I thought so. Increase it to 3% base and 0.05% scaling. At 1000 mana and 30 wisdom thats:
Ally: 450 Mana
Self: 315 Mana

(Maybe) Reduce Mana cost to 200

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Oh...I thought so. Increase it to 3% base and 0.05% scaling. At 1000 mana and 30 wisdom thats:
Ally: 450 Mana
Self: 315 Mana

Reduce Mana cost to 200
That sounds better. Gain of its cost plus about half on self and even better on others.
Btw, the mana regen scales on int, not wis. Otherwise it'd just supercharge the wis regen in effect.
Does create the effect that the regen is even higher though because putting that much in it well give you over 1k mana by a bit.
(For the record, I put in selfheal nerf on mana so it would work better on allies, not uselessly on self)

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Mmk, aside from heal numbers which I'll probably complain about later once these are tested, I can make a clean totem skill config with this info.

@Kainzo If you don't already have something I can toss you a config with this info when I get home.

Also gives a few hours for other debate over numbers if you see something that seems wrong.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Apart from ChainLightning's max target scale number I think these are good until we have more time to nitpick the class.
What's wrong with it? ChainLightning wasn't made with scaling so you got a new target count every couple levels, but rather just for automatic math. Start at 2, end at 5 (at level 65) and the scaling is just the amount needed per level to hit that. If you want to suggest different start/end amounts, go right ahead.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
What's wrong with it? ChainLightning wasn't made with scaling so you got a new target count every couple levels, but rather just for automatic math. Start at 2, end at 5 (at level 65) and the scaling is just the amount needed per level to hit that. If you want to suggest different start/end amounts, go right ahead.
That's just it though the number itself leads to 5 at 65. I myself think that's a tad small. Maybe 0.08 per lvl +2. (7 at max)

Generally group fights will have more than 5 people in them and as long as the dmg stays lowish I don't see any major issues with gives it more targets. Just me though

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
That's just it though the number itself leads to 5 at 65. I myself think that's a tad small. Maybe 0.08 per lvl +2. (7 at max)

Generally group fights will have more than 5 people in them and as long as the dmg stays lowish I don't see any major issues with gives it more targets. Just me though
We could set it to any amount of targets, just a question of how much it should be. With multiple targets it already blows Bolt out of the water (Druid or Wiz) so its effectiveness as compared to Megabolt is solely based on its target count atm.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
We could set it to any amount of targets, just a question of how much it should be. With multiple targets it already blows Bolt out of the water (Druid or Wiz) so its effectiveness as compared to Megabolt is solely based on its target count atm.
As long as it doesn't do megabolt like dmg I don't see an issue with it having more targets.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
As long as it doesn't do megabolt like dmg I don't see an issue with it having more targets.
Megabolt: 5 range of initial target for 100 + 2.125 per int
ChainLightning as per malik: 5 range of each target for 120 + 2 per int

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Eh...Maybe instead of increasing the targets, we increase the damage.
120 + 2 INT
125 + 2.5 INT (Same as Bolt)

While we are at it....bump the mana to 175

It would still have twice the CD and cost more. While it can effectively deal more damage, this would require all the targets to be in range so Megabolt would still be the better Party skill.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
120 + 2 INT

It would still have twice the CD and cost more. While it can effectively deal more damage, this would require all the targets to be in range so Megabolt would still be the better Party skill.
If they're grouped together, ChainLightning has higher effective range until they separate.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
120 + 2 INT

Except the class itself isn't meant to have high magic dmg ;)

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Except the class itself isn't meant to have high magic dmg ;)
Why can't we have both Q_Q. Just because a class heals doesn't mean it can't deal damage. Giving it a weak skill just cause it's a "healer" doesn't make sense. It doesn't have high damage because it has less damage skills.

But yeah, would be nice to test this stuff out in real combat.