• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

New Class: Shaman

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
I have a question on the firestrike totem. Does it target all the members at once? Or it it like a turret attacking one at a time? It would be neat if the firestrike totem attacked the last person that hit the shaman. If nobody attacked the shaman then the closest person to him.
Firestrike is just like all the other offensive/offensive support ones, targets all enemies in range.
The neat part is that they're homing, which means if you have a convenient wall or a Druid, you can stop it.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Speaking of heals... and everything else.
We still need to sort out what the skills are in specific, and numbers for *everything*
First we need the skill coded....and to do that we need to know what skills shaman is going to have :/
We can't balance anything without the full kit...
I have a question on the firestrike totem. Does it target all the members at once? Or it it like a turret attacking one at a time? It would be neat if the firestrike totem attacked the last person that hit the shaman. If nobody attacked the shaman then the closest person to him.
Would be interesting. Would require a lot of coding for only one skill. It would also make it the go to totem for 1v1s....

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
First we need the skill coded....and to do that we need to know what skills shaman is going to have :/
We can't balance anything without the full kit...
I can very much assure you that I see no decisions of skills behind the scenes. Pretty sure that's your problem.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
It would be neat if shaman had a totem that increased nearby parties mana/stamina regen.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
It would be neat if they had a totem that increased nearby parties mana/stamina.
I think at this point Kain'd rather have one that adds INT (adds mana and magic dmg) and WIS (regen and heals) if anything. But those'd probably be more useful on an Adventure than anything.

Any more Totems are really up to his discretion. I think there's too many to sort out atm, doubt any user will be using them all.
Of course, it might be intentional that you only use certain Totems in your playstyle... Still up to kain.
@Kainzo

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
I think at this point Kain'd rather have one that adds INT (adds mana and magic dmg) and WIS (regen and heals) if anything. But those'd probably be more useful on an Adventure than anything.

Any more Totems are really up to his discretion. I think there's too many to sort out atm, doubt any user will be using them all.
Of course, it might be intentional that you only use certain Totems in your playstyle... Still up to kain.
@Kainzo
Yeah what about int and strength? I was thinking about that but forgot to post it.

Sirdemonic3

Legacy Supporter 3
I can very much assure you that I see no decisions of skills behind the scenes. Pretty sure that's your problem.
if we wanna get technical here.
8. Do you understand this team is for balancing current skills only?:
strait from the balance app :)

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
if we wanna get technical here.
8. Do you understand this team is for balancing current skills only?:
strait from the balance app :)
Oh, it's on.
Balance handles numbers/cooldowns/durations - not re-inventing the classes. This muddies the waters of clarity.

Re-fine the list and repost or edit. I don't have time to prune through code changes and number changes. While some of them are needed, it does and will take more time and devs (@0xNaomi) can start assisting more.

Shaman class is the exception to the above, of course.

So yeah, inventing is allowed here.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Are we still sticking to the scheduled that Kainzo proposed last week? If so, we have about a week to add the remaining 6 skills and balance the entire class.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Side Note: I can't choose classes on test. I can pick warriors and rogues, but unable to pick healers and magi...

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
Are we still sticking to the scheduled that Kainzo proposed last week? If so, we have about a week to add the remaining 6 skills and balance the entire class.
Pfft easy. Though we really (cant stress this enough) need:
  • Confirmation on skills (Needs to be done sooner than later)
    • If they're coded, if we all agree on specific skills, and if they're possible to make
  • Test
    • When step one is finished the build needs to go on test quick to look for balance issues
  • Final stage (No epic boss sadly)
    • If/when we finish the first two things we need to:
      • Figure out the scaling issue(s)
      • Apply anything we thought of in step 2
      • Release :)
Even if it doesn't go this smoothly, if we're going on the given schedule we'll need some more organization.

My 2¢

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Making the main post change now...

Skill Lineup (rough)

Totems:
  • Totem Recall
  • Shock Totem
  • Primal Totem
  • Healing Totem
  • Force Totem
  • Engulfing totem
  • Firestrike Totem

Melee:
  • Shocking Strike: Deals extra physical damage based on your INT and interrupts warm-ups/silences
  • EarthenFury: Deals extra physical damage based on your INT and slows the target
Heals:
  • Cleanse Spirit:Heals and removes all debuffs from your target
  • HealingSurge/: HOT, mana regen, and stamina regen.
Spells:
  • LightingSpark: Direct damage (until we can get a proper chain lightning working)
  • Wind Gale: Low damage, wide projectile (Like DragonBreath) that knocks back targets.

Last edited:

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Playing around with getting a ChainLightning working. Got a bunch of theoretical code done as of posting, but I'm sure I'll have to change it all when I test it.