• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

New Class: Shaman

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
It may make it unbalanced, but I don't like it being just a simple "Might Totem." Maybe make it increase all physical damage (Melee and skills)? Maybe make it also affect spells?

I feel a normal might totem would be underused compared to Shock or Firestrike totem.

If we do the math: say the person deals 50 melee damage

DPS without totem: 100 Phy DPS
DPS with might: 120 Phy DPS
DPS with shock: 100 Phy + 30 Magic DPS (This is based on a shock totem that deals 90 damage every 3 seconds)

Depending on the opponents armor, that 30 magic damage can be 20-50% more powerful since it can pierce armor.

Even if we got a high melee damage class like a dragoon, the extra damage the totem would provide would still be inferior. (Assuming that the Dragoon has 25 STR which is about 68 melee damage)

DPS without totem: 134 Phy DPS
DPS with might: 163 Phy DPS
DPS with shock: 134 Phy + 30 Magic DPS

So the magic damage remains greater and still has the armor piercing advantage.

Last edited:

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Are we planning to have Force, Engulfing, and "Might" scale with attributes? I could see might scaling with STR or INT, but there really isn't a "Support" stat. We could have them scale with CHA, but I don't if that would work.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Are we planning to have Force, Engulfing, and "Might" scale with attributes? I could see might scaling with STR or INT, but there really isn't a "Support" stat. We could have them scale with CHA, but I don't if that would work.
Might doesn't have any scaling. Look at my posts.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Even Might on Druid has no scaling. That's how it is.
If you wanted it to scale everything it'd be useful but probably OP.
The problem is that the damage gain from might will never be as good as a damage totem.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
@malikdanab suggested this elsewhere but not in this thread.
Make Might totem buff physical skills along with melee.
@Kainzo some looking around makes it look like this is totally doable so long as the skills are properly categorized with SkillTypes.
Any opinions?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Might doesn't have any scaling. Look at my posts.
I do like the sound of PrimalTotem
@malikdanab suggested this elsewhere but not in this thread.
Make Might totem buff physical skills along with melee.
@Kainzo some looking around makes it look like this is totally doable so long as the skills are properly categorized with SkillTypes.
Any opinions?
It should be doable - and im okay with it.
Rather not scale with CHA.

"Lore" wise - Totems would be "wisdom" since Shamans are wise - etc. If we scale totems with a different attribute - it may be far too spread out for normal use and confuse players.

I'm not sure which we should use but im leaning towards agi / wis

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Messed with Might and Engulfing totems.
Might increases STR instead of adding a % damage to weapons (physical skills scale now, basically)
Engulfing reduces AGI (mobs have no stats, so they get Slowness as before)

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Speaking of heals... and everything else.
We still need to sort out what the skills are in specific, and numbers for *everything*

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
I have a question on the firestrike totem. Does it target all the members at once? Or it it like a turret attacking one at a time? It would be neat if the firestrike totem attacked the last person that hit the shaman. If nobody attacked the shaman then the closest person to him.