• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

New Class: Shaman

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Firestrike->Ancestrial Totem: Increases INT? WIS? INT and WIS? INT and mana regen?
Chain Lightning: Remove warm-up or Reduce CD to 15?
Force: Buff that launch...like by 5X or something...
Primal is already situational as is... not sure how an INT one would fare, though a Shaman could have fun times with it.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Another thing: Reincarnate...what if (Bare with me) there was a totem that resurrects the dead (Super long tick rate and CD).

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Another thing: Reincarnate...what if (Bare with me) there was a totem that resurrects the dead (Super long tick rate and CD).
That would basically require giving up all totem use to revive someone. Eeeeeeeeh

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Primal is already situational as is... not sure how an INT one would fare, though a Shaman could have fun times with it.
Well that is kind of the point...if you have a bunch of Warriors/Rogues use primal. If you are a mage group, use Ancestral.
That would basically require giving up all totem use to revive someone. Eeeeeeeeh
No you don't understand...multiple people would be revived. MUAHAHAHAHAHAH!

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Could work, but leveling Shaman with only one damage totem will be slower then Cleric and more costly due to axes over hoes. ;)
Lies. I lvled with just firestrike 15-40 and just shock 40-max

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Could work, but leveling Shaman with only one damage totem will be slower then Cleric and more costly due to axes over hoes. ;)

:rolleyes:
Replace shock as the lvl 15 skill. Since you can only have 1 totem at time it doesn't really matter if you have 2 damage totems or not since the CDs are 20 seconds.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Replace shock as the lvl 15 skill. Since you can only have 1 totem at time it doesn't really matter if you have 2 damage totems or not since the CDs are 20 seconds.
It does in PvP. C-c-c-combo!

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Back in the Disc rework we decided that fall damage was very unhealthy because it goes off vanilla and etc. Hence why Disciple doesn't have any big knockups anymore, maybe instead of adding a larger knockup it should apply some sort of debuff on top of the blind. Could be slow, nausea, or others.

I think if before we removed some fall damage things because it was unhealthy I think we should keep up with that.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Back in the Disc rework we decided that fall damage was very unhealthy because it goes off vanilla and etc. Hence why Disciple doesn't have any big knockups anymore, maybe instead of adding a larger knockup it should apply some sort of debuff on top of the blind. Could be slow, nausea, or others.

I think if before we removed some fall damage things because it was unhealthy I think we should keep up with that.
It doesn't deal fall dmg. You can go from world height to bedrock and be fine.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8

Nah...Naomi made a pact with the devil so fall damage doesn't occur with force totem.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Well...I broke engulfing totem. From what I can tell, it removes the debuffs properly, but the dirt particle effect doesn't leave.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Well...I broke engulfing totem. From what I can tell, it removes the debuffs properly, but the dirt particle effect doesn't leave.

Hehe, I broke Firestrike once myself. The totem did not despawn and when a creeper blew up on it it took out half a city block! :D

I also created a permanent Mycelium patch under my Healing Totem too!

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Complete Balance Suggestions:
  • Increase duration of all totems by one tick and make it that there is a delay on placement. Since there are no warm-ups this will provide a time period to allow people to react. (All buff totems should apply buffs instantly)
  • Shock is a little too powerful for a "healer" skills. Reduce damage from 30 + 0.5 to 20 + 0.5. With 30 INT this is a difference of:
    • Old: 360
    • New: 280
    • Make it a lvl 15 skill
  • Replace Firestrike Totem with "Ancestral Totem" : Identical to Primal totem, but INT instead of STR. (LVL 40 skill)
  • Healing totem: Increase healing from 15 + 0.5 to 18 + 0.65
  • Increase all totems cost from 200 to 400 mana
  • Reduce Chain CD from 25 seconds to 18-20 seconds. (Change to LVL 60, Reincarnate LVL 65)
  • Buff Force Totem: IDK a lot :p

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
so tired of o chat lately, "shaman so op!" me: why? them "OP!"
Some things need tweaking, but the reason why the complain is:
  • Every says new classes are OP
  • They lost to shaman so it has to be the class....it couldn't be the fact that they:
    • Are bad at PVP
    • Don't know how to counter shaman.