• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Assignments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
So.... here's Bloodmage.

BloodBond is now in testing.

Its an activated PASSIVE. it is a GROUP skill, the SKILL-damage they do is converted into a heal for the entire group within X range (starts at 10% ends at 22%) It heals the ENTIRE party. So 100 dmg -> 20 hp times 9 people (in a full party). It scales really well.

Oh yeah, did I mention that it slowly ticks down mana while its active? so you now have to use drainsoul / etc.

Now, transfuse has gotten a buff, its now doing 30 mana return for 100 health.

I think we're going to be removing Chant. It's not in-line with how bloodmages should be and should be replaced for another damage skill or life tap.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I'd like a life tap skill. Adds some more strategy to the class (mind you, it is already a complex class to master).

macura

Diamond
So.... here's Bloodmage.

BloodBond is now in testing.

Its an activated PASSIVE. it is a GROUP skill, the SKILL-damage they do is converted into a heal for the entire group within X range (starts at 10% ends at 22%) It heals the ENTIRE party. So 100 dmg -> 20 hp times 9 people (in a full party). It scales really well.

Oh yeah, did I mention that it slowly ticks down mana while its active? so you now have to use drainsoul / etc.

Now, transfuse has gotten a buff, its now doing 30 mana return for 100 health.

I think we're going to be removing Chant. It's not in-line with how bloodmages should be and should be replaced for another damage skill or life tap.
Pretty cools skill. One thing that might fit lore a little better would be if it trickled health instead of mana, or maybe a lesser amount of both health and mana.

macura

Diamond
Currently paladin is too strong for being a support warrior spec especially against casters. This is due to reckoning, divine stun and shield reflect.

Reckoning: The reason that reckoning is too strong is that it has a large aoe radius, it is a lesser forcepull, it has a 3.5 second slow, it interupts warm-up skills, it has a very low warm-up and it cannot be wasted by missing. I am not sure if this is intended but if there is no target that can be hit when reckoning is used, then reckoning will not go off. The cooldown will not start and no mana will be used in this situation. This is very different from skills such as ironfist where it will go off even if nothing was in its area of effect. Therefore if reckoning is dodged by the opponent they are only delaying, not actually dodging the skill. Due to reckoning's very low warm-up it is able to be used very rapidly until it hits its target. I think that reckoning should be like tremor, and it should be able to be missed.

Divine stun: The only problem that i see in this is that it not only stun-locks, but it also silences. It has a pretty low duration however the inability to move makes up for this. I don't think that it needs a silence it is is a stun-lock and it is the only silence that any warrior spec has.

Shield reflect: Shield reflect is currently being used as a temporary invuln in which the paladin uses the time to use pray. This is able to be done because sheild reflect has a very low mana cost (only 10 mana) and the paladin is able to use other skills while it has shield reflect up. I think that a good fix for this would be to up the mana cost of shield reflect to 15-20 mana.

Overall recommended changes:
1. Reckoning: Allow it to be able to be missed instead of not being used if nothing is in the target area.
2. Divine stun: Get rid of the silence.
3. Shield reflect: Up mana cost slightly. (10-15)

Other sidenotes:

Wizard: Wizard is being played oddly currently because of the warmups on bolt and megabolt. Currently the warmup on megabolt is lower than the warmup on bolt. I believe that it should be the other way around because megabolt is not intended to be used in 1v1s while bolt is. This also allows wizards to pull off an insane combo of root, icebolt, fireball, fireblast, bolt, megabolt. If megabolt is eliminated from this combo then it is far less devastating and it also makes the wizard work harder for the kill because wizard is currently far too dependent on targeted skills.

My suggestion: Increase the warmup of megabolt to 1.75s or 2s and lower the warmup on bolt to 1s. Also increase the cd on bolt to 12-13s.

Sorry for the long post, please respond with your feedback.

c12095

Holy Shit!
Agree with the wizard suggestions, however I'm not sure about the pally suggestions.

c12095

Holy Shit!
macura

I agree with the Reckoning change. However, I'm confused on what you mean by Divine Stun also silences, could you explain this more as far as the actual duration. I was unaware it ever had a silence attached to it. As far as Shield Reflect goes, the mana on the wiki is 135, I don't think their actual total is much more than this. I'll look into this, I don't think 5 more mana (15 total) would be devastating, but I'm not sure it's needed.

macura

Diamond
macura

I agree with the Reckoning change. However, I'm confused on what you mean by Divine Stun also silences, could you explain this more as far as the actual duration. I was unaware it ever had a silence attached to it. As far as Shield Reflect goes, the mana on the wiki is 135, I don't think their actual total is much more than this. I'll look into this, I don't think 5 more mana (15 total) would be devastating, but I'm not sure it's needed.
On the wikipedia for paladin, it says that the skill divine stun will "for two second, prevent them(other player) from using skills or moving" Which does not say silence but from what i can tell it works in the same way, preventing skills for being used

Also i had some ideas about samurai because currently they destroy caster specs. This is due to their dots and windwalk.

Windwalk: The stamina cost for windwalk is only 6. This is extremely low for a skill this good and the samurai also has almost full stamina by the time that they reach their target making it have relatively no stamina penalty for using the skill.
Suggestion: Raise the stamina cost to 10.

Solution: I think that the solution to this is to bring mortalwound back to its original purpose, the prevention of healing. I think that a re-work of this skill is needed and that there are several ways to do this. Possibly have mortal wound deal significantly less damage and prevent all healing to the target for a short amount of time. Or maybe have mortal wound deal no damage but have it apply an effect that prevents healing and turns the heal against the healer. Possibly have it apply an effect that causes any incoming heals to instead of healing the mortal wounded target, deal half the damage of the heal to the target. For example if a cleric attempted to bandage themselves which would have healed them 100 (accounting for self-heal reduction), and instead it damages them for 50 hp. This doesn't seem like much however this could be extremely useful for fighting larger heals. The latter of these mortal wound re-work suggestions might be hard to code but would make it a pretty cool skill.

Sorry for another very long post lol, please respond with your feedback.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
It would need a lower stamina cost if it were to be changed in this way and a far higher cd. (Cd only 4s atm)
Far higher CD agreed then. 15 or 20 seconds? I dunno about the stamina, I would just say the same.

macura

Diamond
Update: This is an update you my previous post about samurais, currently mortalwound is dealing 197 damage when the description in game (going from memory) was 94 damage over 20 seconds. I was testing out sammy burst damage with w0nd3rb0yCK and when i was unarmored (im a wizard btw max hp 747) he put both his dots on me and hit me what we believe was 4 times (gets a little confusing with the dots making hitting faster and tick damage), i died. This most likely would have dealt more than my max health (the dots killed me so i do not know if they would have continued) This was able to be done in less than 2-3 seconds (contact was 2-3 second, the dots were left to tick for longer). I believe that the damage values might be off on mortal wound.

c12095

Holy Shit!
macura

MortalWound hits for 150 damage, or rather should be. Kainzo this was supposed to be fixed when we made MortalWound penetrate armor, did something change?

Also, 4 sword attacks should deal somewhere around 360 health (unarmored); the 2 bleeds should deal a total of 300 health (150 a piece). I think you were hit a few more times with a sword then you think. Even with the increase MW damage you should have still been alive.

As a note for everyone. We DO NOT base our judgement off of fights like this. You fully prepare yourself, meaning full armor, and you don't stand there allowing yourself to die. We see how classes are played to their fullest, then go from there. I could say the same about a Ninja killing an unarmored Paladin, but it would help nothing.

If you really want to have your suggestions taken seriously, get some real numbers that we can use.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Most any skill that requires a certain weapon type will be locked in to the damage of that weapon (can be increased with Might, etc)

c12095

Holy Shit!
Most any skill that requires a certain weapon type will be locked in to the damage of that weapon (can be increased with Might, etc)

Its dealing 197 damage according to Macura, this is 2x the normal weapon damage, no might, or any other buff. Something went screwy when it was changed.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Its dealing 197 damage according to Macura, this is 2x the normal weapon damage, no might, or any other buff. Something went screwy when it was changed.
With the bleed portion, it's dealing that much - go test first then let me know...

MortalWound:
use-text: '%hero% has used %skill%'
max-distance: 5
weapons:
- WOOD_SWORD
- STONE_SWORD
- GOLD_SWORD
- DIAMOND_SWORD
duration: 20000
period: 5000
heal-multiplier: 0.5
tick-damage: 23
apply-text: '%target% is mortally wounded'
expire-text: ''
stamina: 8

GriffTV

Legacy Supporter 4
Perhaps a longer cool down on bandage might be a decent idea. Currently the cool down is three seconds, healing 150 Hp. A solution might be to increase the cool down, maybe to 5 seconds, however if that were to happen, the health points restored would also need an increase. Adding paper for a reagent might not be such a good idea.
Why would it not be a good thing?

ShizzDawgg

Godly
Ok I probably won't be able to play much at all until monday. I feel like we should bring up cleric though. I feel like it is too tanky given the fact that it can deal moderate damage, tank, and has 2 invulns. What are your thoughts on the class?

Status
Not open for further replies.