• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Remove no-pvp for under level 10's within regions

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
Which suggestion? xD

Barnubus The following is a rule suggestion:

Make it illegal to:

Use the ''Under Level 10 Non-PvP Protection'' (in townships you have region access to) to perform the following (WITHIN town regions):

- Cover deathchests left by town citizens after dying to a player (or group of players) who are raiding/attacking your town.
- Cover items/chests which are left open to a player (or group of players) who are raiding/attacking your town.
- Place fire/lava onto a player (or group of players) who are raiding/attacking your town.
- Block off houses/tunnels to trap/prevent the movement of a player (or group of players) who are raiding/attacking your town.

Note: In this case, ''raiding'' is defined as a group of players (or just one player) coming to your town to steal items. ''Attacking'' is defined as a group of players (or just one player) coming to your town to kill others. Both raiding and attacking can occur at the same time.

It's a little messy, but the best I could do. EDIT: Just changed a few things.

Red: That just seems absurd.
Yellow: If under 10's can use flint and steel/lava just put a level restriction on it.

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
- Cover items/chests which are left open to a player (or group of players) who are raiding/attacking your town.
- Place fire/lava onto a player (or group of players) who are raiding/attacking your town.
- Block off houses/tunnels to trap/prevent the movement of a player (or group of players) who are raiding/attacking your town.

Red: That just seems absurd.
Yellow: If under 10's can use flint and steel/lava just put a level restriction on it.

Well... I kinda disagree. This is the whole issue that started it. If you forgot to block up some chests, or you realized someone left a door open, you could just send your cute little level 10 to bounce out and block that stuff off! That should clearly be against the rules, right? ._.

HolyRane

Legacy Supporter 7
Well... I kinda disagree. This is the whole issue that started it. If you forgot to block up some chests, or you realized someone left a door open, you could just send your cute little level 10 to bounce out and block that stuff off! That should clearly be against the rules, right? ._.
Well, with that logic, it should be against the rules for 10 maxed people to raid a bunch of noobs, because its unfair. See? That logic doesn't make sense.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5

That would be wrong (of said low level person to do). However under Majoras' wording they aren't allowed to do anything at all. They may as well log out during a raid. The act of covering up a forgotten entrance or chest could be something you could PE about if the good suggestions in this thread go through: as long as the people reporting it could have hit said person with a combat tag IF they were high enough level to fight. If they were sneaky and stayed inside after the blockage it wouldn't make a difference if it was a under-level 10 person or someone else of higher level. In that kind of scenario the raiders who were denied access are just complaining about stupid shit at that point. If the person was roaming around with the raiders after such actions I could understand.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I've never seen a township that doesn't place some kind of block (be it dirt, pistons, iron doors) at the entrances of their public buildings or homes. That's the part of your suggestions I dislike the most. It's as bad as the suggestion they can't place blocks in towns at all. They might as well not join one, which would likely lead to them not staying on the server. Your suggestions have too many negative implications, where the fix for what's going on in this thread is so simple. Just make it illegal and people will PE it as it happens. If that were the case, the system doesn't not require any changes to how it is now. Towns are entry points for new players into the server's community. It really makes it or breaks it for them.

Dielan9999

Symbolite

Do you guys even realise that the rule suggestion I made applies to under level 10 players ONLY. I'm not saying it should be illegal to place blocks over public buildings, to make traps, ect ect. I'm saying it should be illegal for players under level 10 to do so, DURING A RAID/ATTACK, without any worry/concern for them being killed. Like what Barnubus has said:

No player under level 10 may use their inability to be pvp'ed to their advantage within a region they are on.

EXAMPLES of how you could use non-pvp to your advantage goes under:

- Covering deathchests left by town citizens after dying to a player (or group of players) who are raiding/attacking your town.
- Covering items/chests which are left open to a player (or group of players) who are raiding/attacking your town.
- Placing fire/lava onto a player (or group of players) who are raiding/attacking your town.
- Blocking off houses/tunnels to trap/prevent the movement of a player (or group of players) who are raiding/attacking your town.

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
Well, with that logic, it should be against the rules for 10 maxed people to raid a bunch of noobs, because its unfair. See? That logic doesn't make sense.
Uh, you're not following the same logic... I think you're confused. But whatever, I'll be posing this option to upper staff. Glad we landed on a feasible solution. Thanks to Dielan, Symbolite, and Majoras for the input. 8) Was helpful.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Uh, you're not following the same logic... I think you're confused. But whatever, I'll be posing this option to upper staff. Glad we landed on a feasible solution. Thanks to Dielan, Symbolite, and Majoras for the input. 8) Was helpful.

I agree, I don't think they understand what we're suggesting. We should bring this to a personal conversation, i'd like to see a new rule implimented.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Dielan9999

Symbolite

Do you guys even realise that the rule suggestion I made applies to under level 10 players ONLY. I'm not saying it should be illegal to place blocks over public buildings, to make traps, ect ect. I'm saying it should be illegal for players under level 10 to do so, DURING A RAID/ATTACK, without any worry/concern for them being killed. Like what Barnubus has said:

No player under level 10 may use their inability to be pvp'ed to their advantage within a region they are on.

- Covering deathchests left by town citizens after dying to a player (or group of players) who are raiding/attacking your town.
- Covering items/chests which are left open to a player (or group of players) who are raiding/attacking your town.
- Placing fire/lava onto a player (or group of players) who are raiding/attacking your town.
- Blocking off houses/tunnels to trap/prevent the movement of a player (or group of players) who are raiding/attacking your town.
Do you even raid?

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5

You aren't reading my posts are you? Of course I know your suggestions only pertain to those people.

I can understand if a level 10 was sent out to cover chests, abusing their power. However if you had your way they couldn't place blocks or even hide from them. They may as well log out.

For example, say raiders come to some town, and some under level 10 dude has a house. When is it not ok for said person to break whatever is blocking him from his own house, and replacing the blocks back down? Sure they can't die in the raid, but not everybody wants to wander outside and watch it happen. Under your suggestions they have no choice.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
For example, say raiders come to some town, and some under level 10 dude has a house. When is it not ok for said person to break whatever is blocking him from his own house, and replacing the blocks back down? Sure they can't die in the raid, but not everybody wants to wander outside and watch it happen. Under your suggestions they have no choice.

If it is their house they're breaking blocks to get into, then that is fine.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
If it is their house they're breaking blocks to get into, then that is fine.

Consider the scope of this limitation now(hypothetically):

What if raiders (somehow) breach a then-considered secure area of the town they are raiding. Once inside, could they even place blocks then?

It's such an ambiguous limitation it will either be over-enforced or under-enforced(especially given the hypothetical situation above). Neither of which is really a decent solution.

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
I can understand why you'd want to make blocking up death chests illegal for under level 10's just fine. I feel like the other things, like covering random chests and doors are unneeded.

Suppose I'm a brand new player, just joined my first town and I'm lvl like 3. Just finished building my first dirt shack of a house. Got one nice chest filled with some materials I've collected. But oh no here comes a random enemy. Because I've spotted this enemy I'm now not allowed to block my door or my chest to prevent theft? you know just like how any normal person over lvl 10 would do?

bluejack404

Jack of Lapis
Legacy Supporter 8
When I was under level 10, plenty of people were more than happy to set me on fire. I tried to PE it, thinking that it was illegal. In fact, it was stated plainly that it was VERY legal to do this. People under level 10 can be set on fire; I know this all too well.

PvPers often make use of tricks to make it easier for them to kill and steal from other players. They will break through regioned blocks to use lifts, pillar over walls, and perform any number of other things that seem like abuses but are perfectly legal. We defend PvPers right to do what they can to do what they love to do.

So we will also defend the right of nonPvPers to pwn you right back by using the same legal tricks against you (until Kainzo says otherwise). If you don't like it, bring some flint and steel with you and set Gta on fire. He likes it when you hurt him. ;)

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Consider the scope of this limitation now(hypothetically):

What if raiders (somehow) breach a then-considered secure area of the town they are raiding. Once inside, could they even place blocks then?

It's such an ambiguous limitation it will either be over-enforced or under-enforced(especially given the hypothetical situation above). Neither of which is really a decent solution.

The whole point of the suggestion is to prevent under-level 10s from placing blocks to cover/protect and secure, items/players or areas of a town which would have once been legitately accessed by a raider/raiders.

If a town is being raided, then a under-level 10 player should, really, stay far away from the raiders as possible. They shouldn't use their ability to do what others (who are above level 10) usually have to do during a raid, which includes:

- Covering chests which are open.
- Blocking off tunnels.
- Placing lava/fire down.
- Operating traps.

Why should they not be allowed to use their ability to do this? Because they can't die, giving them an unfair advantage.