• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Remove no-pvp for under level 10's within regions

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
Sounds a bit harsh, I know, but there are reasons! Let me explain.

The only time the no-pvp would be removed from those under level 10 is when they are within a region they are on. If they go into a town they don't have regions on, then they still have the protection.

The reason for this is, when you're raiding and someone drops a death chest, the under level 10 can come over and block that death chest up without fear of being killed.
Also, if the player is a donor they can try and light you on fire with flint/steel again without fear.

There are players out there who refuse to level up to avoid combat.

The player, since they are on the region, can defend themselves by placing blocks, hiding within the region, so saying they are defenseless isn't really true.

Opinions?

Licksterboy

Legacy Supporter 3
Nothing makes me more mad than a player who is pvp protected running around and picking up items in a fight.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
What's the point of towns to protect new and relatively defenseless players, then?

So you're saying raiders can just come into towns and kill new players, or players that are leveling in the outskirts of the town's regions?

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
What's the point of towns to protect new and relatively defenseless players, then?

So you're saying raiders can just come into towns and kill new players, or players that are leveling in the outskirts of the town's regions?

Raiders cannot break the region, so the player can enter a building, go below ground to escape raiders.
It's the towns job to protect the player once they have joined them, after all.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Raiders cannot break the region, so the player can enter a building, go below ground to escape raiders.
It's the towns job to protect the player once they have joined them, after all.
I've had instances where I gave a tour to freshly started new players and raiders attacked my town. You're saying that that innocent new recruit should be slaughtered mercilessly by raiders that want free kills when they go to a town?

This will do nothing but provide new players with bad assumptions about the populace of the server and would be more likely to make them quit.

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
I've had instances where I gave a tour to freshly started new players and raiders attacked my town. You're saying that that innocent new recruit should be slaughtered mercilessly by raiders that want free kills when they go to a town?

This will do nothing but provide new players with bad assumptions about the populace of the server and would be more likely to make them quit.

Protect them from raiders, or they might think you're not a strong enough town to protect them.
Either that or they can leave the town region and be safe.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
Capture.jpg

Sirdemonic3

Legacy Supporter 3
a player doesent have to level, its not a strait up pvp server. what if a new player is more into the roleplay aspect and doesent want to go over 10 so when hes trying to roleplay something raiders come in and kill him all day?

c12095

Holy Shit!
a player doesent have to level, its not a strait up pvp server. what if a new player is more into the roleplay aspect and doesent want to go over 10 so when hes trying to roleplay something raiders come in and kill him all day?

Why are we going with impossibles now? Also, raiders can't kill anyone all day as long as you're not an idiot.

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
Eh, I just suppose I'm not much of a hand-holder.

Perhaps instead of basing it off regioned areas, base it off time spent on the server (not time since whitelist). So maybe after 50 hours on the server, or so, you can be pvp'ed.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8

Perhaps instead of basing it off regioned areas, base it off time spent on the server (not time since whitelist). So maybe after 50 hours on the server, or so, you can be pvp'ed.
No, that's not the intention of the level 10 protection. If this was broadly applied, it would be early DG/Zeal all over again.

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9

I tried pitching that to kainzo before the level 10 thing was implemented but he was pretty against it. I forget what the issue was though.

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
No, that's not the intention of the level 10 protection. If this was broadly applied, it would be early DG/Zeal all over again.

The intention of this plugin was to help NEW players. My issue is with players who intentionally use /hero reset to avoid combat and use it to their advantage.

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
Sounds a bit harsh, I know, but there are reasons! Let me explain.

The only time the no-pvp would be removed from those under level 10 is when they are within a region they are on. If they go into a town they don't have regions on, then they still have the protection.

The reason for this is, when you're raiding and someone drops a death chest, the under level 10 can come over and block that death chest up without fear of being killed.
Also, if the player is a donor they can try and light you on fire with flint/steel again without fear.

There are players out there who refuse to level up to avoid combat.

The player, since they are on the region, can defend themselves by placing blocks, hiding within the region, so saying they are defenseless isn't really true.

Opinions?

Only thing wrong with the original post here is that people under lvl 10 despite donor status cannot use flint and steal. They also cannot use lava buckets.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
heh Senior Guide is not a hand holder at all, she wants to murder all of our children!

How about instead, we turn lighter on for town regions? Raiders can actually raid and set things on fire then, although ofc nothing would be consumed in the flames.

This would solve the invincible loot grabbers/block placers.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I have can see where both sides are coming from, while yes leftovers noobs would be put at risk by this situation but there are some veteran & some newer players abusing the system by getting involved in the combat because they're invulnerable.
heh Senior Guide is not a hand holder at all, she wants to murder all of our children!

How about instead, we turn lighter on for town regions? Raiders can actually raid and set things on fire then, although ofc nothing would be consumed in the flames.

This would solve the invincible loot grabbers/block placers.
not really since fire takes a while to kill people.
Only thing wrong with the original post here is that people under lvl 10 despite donor status cannot use flint and steal.
This statement is false. The donor perk for flint & steel is still in there but the removal of this would be a good start.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I thought the ''No PvP under level 10'' thing was introduced to stop new players from being camped outside of spawn/graveyards, NOT to allow new players 100% safety in townships/other areas of the wilderness.

And besides, very rarely do new players stay below level 10, so even if you did want to give them ''safety while mining/training/building their home'', that wouldn't last long.

By the time they join a township, they should be ready to embrace the PvP that goes on in the server.

CanDoBlue

Legacy Supporter 6
I outrageously agree with this suggestion, a Prime example is "Gtastuntdude" of Newerth, I love newerth to death. Gta last time I checked a few days ago is just a Lvl 1 Rogue. Not even a crafter, just Level 1 rogue. I always try to view my opinions thru the eyes of the otherside, as many of us know Newerth is extremely easy to get into, all you need is a jump-like skill and your in. With the mass amount of players they have if anyone dies Gta just walks around and puts a dirt over the chest til the raiders leave or the player returns, with I think it ruins some or most of the aspect of Pvp Raids. What if all the towns started just recruiting 1 or 2 players to just be these "Chest Guardians" if you will. I realized something about this "advantage" when I recruited a player the day I made the town that he could not die during raids. Which came to save us many times. ~Forever Yours, Canada_Blue

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
@gtastundude

^ This guy stands around all day in Newerth, staying below level 10 doing nothing other than cover chests for his fellow townmates. That is complete and utter bullshit. I've talked to him before and told him to hurry up and level, to which he replied "I don't like the heroes plugin". He is intentionally staying low level and providing a home advantage to his town. I do not think this should be allowed.

Instead of what Barnabus's original suggestion, I think a different system would resolve this method in a much more "clean" manner.

Instead of preventing PVP to level 10 players, the server should instead have a "time based" pvp lockout. Basically, once the user first connects to the server, a time log is created. After he has been a member of the server for 2-5 days, he is no longer "pvp safe" and is now flagged for pvp. This allows new players to get comfortable with the server, while preventing seasoned players from abusing the system.