• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Remove no-pvp for under level 10's within regions

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
-1 for encouraging practices that will lead to towns appointing "chest guardians" for raid defense. I see many people talking about the actions of one specific player in a town that is not known for large scale raiding, when the real issue is what will happen when towns recognize the advantage having an under-ten gives them.

The good news is, the incentive to level is great enough that ALMOST every player ever has chosen to level. So currently, there is almost no incentive to stay low level, and so I do not forsee many towns being able to recruit permanent under-tens.
How many players are willing to do this? Our "Chest Guardian" is just a coincidence, I highly doubt a new player joined to not level up.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Just because gta doesn't stay inside during raids and refuses to level doesn't mean new players should be denied the under level 10 protection from pvp. Do you really value death loot that badly? Especially Newerth's death loot? That town has a heavy focus on aspects other than pvp, so you don't see people carrying around diamond armors and weapons; it's probably not even worth crying about (3 out of every 5 Newerth citizens is a rouge spec anyway).​
New player retention is the lifeblood of the server. If we continue towards creating an environment on our server that shuns new players, our population will drop and the server will die. This compromise is unreasonable.​

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I thought the ''No PvP under level 10'' thing was introduced to stop new players from being camped outside of spawn/graveyards, NOT to allow new players 100% safety in townships/other areas of the wilderness.

And besides, very rarely do new players stay below level 10, so even if you did want to give them ''safety while mining/training/building their home'', that wouldn't last long.

By the time they join a township, they should be ready to embrace the PvP that goes on in the server.

I'll repeat myself, as all the ''Pro-Under Level 10 No-PvP'' people seemed to have ignored this post. -.-

With regards to ''roleplay'', under Barnubus' system; just don't join a town. You'd have to stay under level 10 anyway, so why even need to join a town? It's not like you have to carry tons of items, is it?

So he'll abuse a system in order to get a huge advantage? For all the people saying that PvPers ''value loot so badly'', OF COURSE THEY DO. That's why you PvP. -.- If they wanted kills, they'd participate in skirmish.

Vic pretty much hit the nail on the head with why gta refuses to level up. He's been playing since Sanctum, way before the Heroes plugin came out. I remember him trying to play zeal with the heroes leveling system and he didn't like it, I think he leveled Mason up high enough to help me with town projects but that was about it. From then on till now he's just played this server for the Newerth community that he fell in love with back on Sanctum. He's basically considered himself a useless player for the last 2 maps now and over the last week he's actually been pretty happy that he has some kind of a use other than chatting with us lol.

There is no use going to a town, expecting good loot, if someone just comes in and covers everything you worked hard to get to. If he doesn't like the Heroes plug-in, then let him leave. He shouldn't be allowed to abuse something to give himself an insane advantage. It demolishes the purpose of PvP which, when compared of Roleplay, is valued much more.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
The intention of this plugin was to help NEW players. My issue is with players who intentionally use /hero reset to avoid combat and use it to their advantage.

Players who used /hero reset BECAUSE PEOPLE WITH [raiders] IP addresses VOTED as that same player. Harrassment at it's best. Look it up, and before you say shit, DONT claim false accusations. ALSO, you KNOW who I'm talking about... and by YOU, I mean the people involved in this conversation aren't stupid.

That in and of itself should be a bannable offense, however much of a pain in the @$$ it is to research/prove.

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
Players who used /hero reset BECAUSE PEOPLE WITH [raiders] IP addresses VOTED as that same player. Harrassment at it's best. Look it up, and before you say shit, DONT claim false accusations. ALSO, you KNOW who I'm talking about... and by YOU, I mean the people involved in this conversation aren't stupid.

That in and of itself should be a bannable offense, however much of a pain in the @$$ it is to research/prove.

Read my words before you say shit, DONT claim false accusations. I did not say a name at that point, and never did I claim a person by name used /hero reset. Actually, if we're talking of gta, I was told he didn't because he never does anything.
Try to listen to your own words, please.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
So he'll abuse a system in order to get a huge advantage? For all the people saying that PvPers ''value loot so badly'', OF COURSE THEY DO. That's why you PvP. -.- If they wanted kills, they'd participate in skirmish.

You see, there's a invaluable, fundamental difference between

• Openworld PVPers
  • PVPers who Skirmish for practice or kills
  • Roleplay Killing/PVP wars
  • Bounty Hunters

AND

• RAIDERS
Web definitions
(raider) plunderer: someone who takes spoils or plunder (as in war).
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

You're classifying all PVPERS as people who 'value loot'. It's only loot if you take it. D

Donation perks exist for a reason --> To keep the server alive.

You're ignoring the whole fact of deathchests being a donation perk
you PAY for.
Lastly, you're wrong about the kills, a lot of people are bullies and like to pick on weak players.

You're basically ignoring
  • new players
  • donor perks
  • overworld pvpers
  • skirmishers
  • roleplayers
  • bounty hunters
  • etc.
So that you, a specific set of 'pvpers' called "Raiders" can get;
  • items
I'm sorry, but there's no way in hell this would, or should happen. Furthermore, I call bs. If you want to keep the loot, sit on the death chest adamantly, and protect it with your twelve friends so they can't place blocks, then leave with your loot.

The whole point of dual classing was to give [everyone] the opportunity to play every aspect of the game. So, stop whining about new or veteran players who refuse to level up. There is a very small amount of those people as well, and you guys are picking on minorities.
AKA Bullying.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
Getting the reward of drops is the end result of pvp, and denying someone the drops, or loot, is denying someone an aspect of pvp.

So you're essentially complaining about:

donor perks
township block protection
personal region block protection
lwcs
etc.

This is very childish to complain about 'not being able to loot deathchests'. That person has paid for YOUR experience and to be here on the server, and to keep it alive. You should show some respect for these types of players who have supported your community.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I don't think using /hero reset to avoid pvp is really worth complaining about. It takes a lot of effort to gain those levels and the skills you receive in turn pay off very well. If you are chasing down someone who isn't attached to their long hours of experience to the point where they are willing to reset on you; they probably didn't have anything in their inventory worth taking.

It doesn't make sense. What Dsaw said was right: There's so many good reasons to level up that nearly everybody who plays on this server will do so.

Xexo makes a strong point about raiding towns vs other occasions for pvp, but I won't go into that.

This topic feels like it's spiraling downward because of some events that went on behind the scenes that not everybody viewing the topic knows about in full detail, instead of being about what the title suggests. I'd rather see the Moderators consider locking this thread.

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8

donor perks
lwcs
etc.

This is very childish to complain about 'not being able to loot deathchests'. That person has paid for YOUR experience and to be here on the server, and to keep it alive. You should show some respect for these types of players who have supported your community.
Once again, I am bringing up an issue with players possibly (and currently) abusing a feature designed to help new players, not those who know about the server and have been playing for awhile.
Your town is just getting a little over-excited about this thread because you enjoy being able to exploit it and don't wish for it to go away.

MajorasMask

Ungodly

donor perks
lwcs
etc.

No we're not? Nowhere has anyone said anything about person regions, LWCs, donor perks, township block protection. This is just something you've pulled out from somewhere.

As for deathchests, we are not asking for them to be removed. We are asking for the people, who are under level 10, to NOT be able to place blocks/remove blocks in townships, as, at the moment, they can do so, which puts them at an unfair advantage over the raiders.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Don't turn this into the "Everybody hate on Newerth" thread. Xexo has good points on the subject and you just ignore him.

He doesn't have ''good points''. He's ranting on about thing we arn't even talking about.

This thread does not deserve to be locked. The intial suggestion is still there, aswell as the one about removing ''free protection'' after X-Hours of gameplay. Yes, the TC have come in and picked names, and Newerth has come in and dragged this forward, but that doesn't mean the thread should be locked. We should get back on topic, me thinks.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
No we're not? Nowhere has anyone said anything about person regions, LWCs, donor perks, township block protection. This is just something you've pulled out from somewhere.

As for deathchests, we are not asking for them to be removed. We are asking for the people, who are under level 10, to NOT be able to place blocks/remove blocks in townships, as, at the moment, they can do so, which puts them at an unfair advantage over the raiders.

That would not allow for new players under level 10 to join a town, which could make or break their decision to keep playing on the server after their first impression.

I don't think that is a good way to improve server retention, even if it does provide a temporary solution to what everybody's complaining about. It's more harm than good.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
That would not allow for new players under level 10 to join a town, which could make or break their decision to keep playing on the server after their first impression.

I don't think that is a good way to improve server retention, even if it does provide a temporary solution to what everybody's complaining about. It's more harm than good.

I'll say it AGAIN, as everyone seems to be ignoring this:

''I thought the ''No PvP under level 10'' thing was introduced to stop new players from being camped outside of spawn/graveyards, NOT to allow new players 100% safety in townships/other areas of the wilderness.

And besides, very rarely do new players stay below level 10, so even if you did want to give them ''safety while mining/training/building their home'', that wouldn't last long.

By the time they join a township, they should be ready to embrace the PvP that goes on in the server.''

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8

I agree, they should be able to place blocks. The inability to place blocks is not what I wanted.
I wanted an exploit to be fixed, and the best fit (in my eyes) is by either turning no-pvp off after a set time, or by allowing under level 10's to be pvped within regions they are on.
As Majoras said, this is for helping new players when they begin, not to help people avoid pvp forever.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I'll say it AGAIN, as everyone seems to be ignoring this:

''I thought the ''No PvP under level 10'' thing was introduced to stop new players from being camped outside of spawn/graveyards, NOT to allow new players 100% safety in townships/other areas of the wilderness.

''

What your saying is already reality. This thread is about two kinds of people:

• People who are living in towns now and under level 10
These people likely plan on leveling but just started playing and have the opportunity to do what the original posts accuse them of, for the short time that they are under level 10
  • Gtastuntdude
This man is the nicest guy you'll ever meet. It wasn't even until recent weeks that he started playing on a computer that had more than 4 frames per second. I would know, I've spend alot of time with him on teamspeak doing tech support. He choses not to level, he doesn't really do anything but chat and build. If you don't like what he does during raids, PE it and let the mods slap his wrist and move along.

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
If you don't like what he does during raids, PE it and let the mods slap his wrist and move along.

Wahaha, okay yes it was gta who brought this to light, but it's still an issue that can be exploited, if not by him then by someone else.
Plus there is the issue that what he's currently doing is not against the rules.
Besides, I like gta as well, I would never point fingers at him and accuse him of breaking rules because I know he's not that kind of guy.

All I'm saying is, it's an unintended use of a perk given to new players, not intended for experienced players. There needs to be a way to protect people from those willing to exploit this (not gta).

MajorasMask

Ungodly
What Barnubus said. I am in favour of a time-based system rather than a ''are you in a township?'' system. Why? I'm thinking it would probably be easier to code.... not too sure though...

@WhoevercodesforHerocraft.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I agree, they should be able to place blocks. The inability to place blocks is not what I wanted.
I wanted an exploit to be fixed, and the best fit (in my eyes) is by either turning no-pvp off after a set time, or by allowing under level 10's to be pvped within regions they are on.
As Majoras said, this is for helping new players when they begin, not to help people avoid pvp forever.

I don't mean to double post, but another post will probably pop up when i'm done writing this lol!

What you say is 100% true. The no-pvp feature was intended to help out new players.

With the exception of gta, the issue complained about here seems like a coincidence to me. Everybody will level eventually. Instead of making a big deal about it here, people could fill out exploit reports on the forum or make PEs to bring specific instances of this happening to the mods attention (I'm talking about when other people do this, not gta in particular. People may not have ever had the idea if nobody complained this publicly about gta's recent acitons anyway).