• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Remove no-pvp for under level 10's within regions

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
a player doesent have to level, its not a strait up pvp server. what if a new player is more into the roleplay aspect and doesent want to go over 10 so when hes trying to roleplay something raiders come in and kill him all day?
There are better servers for that sirdemonic. Herocraft is not a roleplay server. If he wants to roleplay, power to him, but he needs to understand that this is not a server that will not be providing any help in doing so.

And contrary to what you have stated, Herocraft is a very pvp oriented server. I feel as though it's the very core of the foundation. There should be no rules in place that allow players to bypass the pvp in this server. If they can bypass the pvp, it should be illegal to provide pvp advantages to their townmates (such as covering up chests or blocking users within box rooms.)

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Instead of preventing PVP to level 10 players, the server should instead have a "time based" pvp lockout. Basically, once the user first connects to the server, a time log is created. After he has been a member of the server for 2-5 days, he is no longer "pvp safe" and is now flagged for pvp. This allows new players to get comfortable with the server, while preventing seasoned players from abusing the system.

Nice idea! It should be time in-game, not real time. So it should be more like 12 hours from when they land in Warshard.

And make sure that when it is implemented the entire server doesn't get an entire day of no-pvp lol.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Personally, I hate the bulk of these PvP friendly suggestions. GTA doesn't level up because he prefers to play the server for a social aspect. We just recently noticed he could do this for us. But seriously, you overpower us, 20-10 and then have the nerve to complain?

I know people will just say "Its because he's your friend" or "He's in your town, you can't speak", but there are plenty of other places for PvP if you don't like something, leave.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
There are better servers for that sirdemonic. Herocraft is not a roleplay server. If he wants to roleplay, power to him, but he needs to understand that this is not a server that will not be providing any help in doing so.

And contrary to what you have stated, Herocraft is a very pvp oriented server. I feel as though it's the very core of the foundation. There should be no rules in place that allow players to bypass the pvp in this server. If they can bypass the pvp, it should be illegal to provide pvp advantages to their townmates (such as covering up chests or blocking users within box rooms.)
How is covering a chest helping PvP? Last I checked, PvP is Players fighting other players.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
a player doesent have to level, its not a strait up pvp server. what if a new player is more into the roleplay aspect and doesent want to go over 10 so when hes trying to roleplay something raiders come in and kill him all day?

I think that true MC roleplayers understand that they cannot control their community. And part of the Herocraft server is dying to players, you cannot argue that. So really, I think that the strong roleplayers WILL level, and if they do not like pvp, they will use their skills and class choices to avoid conflict.

Also, roleplaying as a base path? How fun can that be?

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Getting the reward of drops is the end result of pvp, and denying someone the drops, or loot, is denying someone an aspect of pvp.

I agree that dirt blocking as an under-ten is unintended, but careful! If you define loot drops as an aspect of world pvp, we would have to change droptransfer to reset after pvp combat tagging, or else donors would have an advantage in an aspect of pvp. As is, I see people use droptransfer for some crazy advantages already!

DefaultTexture

Legacy Supporter 4
Personally, I hate the bulk of these PvP friendly suggestions. GTA doesn't level up because he prefers to play the server for a social aspect. We just recently noticed he could do this for us. But seriously, you overpower us, 20-10 and then have the nerve to complain?

I know people will just say "Its because he's your friend" or "He's in your town, you can't speak", but there are plenty of other places for PvP if you don't like something, leave.
If he wants to play from a social aspect he can sit inside his house and chat all he wants.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Getting the reward of drops is the end result of pvp, and denying someone the drops, or loot, is denying someone an aspect of pvp.
Not really, I've raided many times and left with 0 loot by personal choice and I know of other players who have done the same. Hell I've even geared up enemies in the past to have a fair fight meaning I lost items potentially. You are talking about Stealing. Stealing is PvPmE (Player verses Player made Environment) Or you can call it "Looting" "Pillaging" etc. However, it is not PvP. PvP is Player verses Player, its not even really about FIGHTING more than it is SURVIVING. But to be fair, Kain wants the server to be friendly to all players in the sense someone can enjoy Hardcore PvE or PvP and I know he has tons of ideas for PvE, but nothing that can be implemented at this moment.

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
Not really, I've raided many times and left with 0 loot by personal choice and I know of other players who have done the same. Hell I've even geared up enemies in the past to have a fair fight meaning I lost items potentially. You are talking about Stealing. Stealing is PvPmE (Player verses Player made Environment) Or you can call it "Looting" "Pillaging" etc. However, it is not PvP. PvP is Player verses Player, its not even really about FIGHTING more than it is SURVIVING. But to be fair, Kain wants the server to be friendly to all players in the sense someone can enjoy Hardcore PvE or PvP and I know he has tons of ideas for PvE, but nothing that can be implemented at this moment.
I disagree. It was your choice to leave without loot.
However, when you kill someone their shit drops, or if they have a chest it goes into a deathchest and eventually it opens so the killer can have their items. How is that not intended? Should we just leave the stuff there?

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8

Oi. This is a touchy subject, but I must emphasize that several of your points are fundamentally wrong.

Herocraft is not just about the PvP. Many, many of the playerbase come here to enjoy building, constructing towns, mining, and non-PvP related goals. I consider myself an avid PvP'er, but I do appreciate the multiple of ways you can play Herocraft outside of it.

Roleplay is an advocated part of the server. Just look at our Lore team. Hell, staff even recently added the Roleplay part of the forums. While you may not see it as such, it is unfair to deal accusations against plenty of people that do enjoy roleplay.

-From your dear Leftern

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Oi. This is a touchy subject, but I must emphasize that several of your points are fundamentally wrong.

Herocraft is not just about the PvP. Many, many of the playerbase come here to enjoy building, constructing towns, mining, and non-PvP related goals. I consider myself an avid PvP'er, but I do appreciate the multiple of ways you can play Herocraft outside of it.

Roleplay is an advocated part of the server. Just look at our Lore team. Hell, staff even recently added the Roleplay part of the forums. While you may not see it as such, it is unfair to deal accusations against plenty of people that do enjoy roleplay.

-From your dear Leftern
Victor Approved.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
I disagree. It was your choice to leave without loot.
However, when you kill someone their shit drops, or if they have a chest it goes into a deathchest and eventually it opens so the killer can have their items. How is that not intended? Should we just leave the stuff there?
Where did I say it was not intended? I only said it wasn't PvP lol

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7

Vic pretty much hit the nail on the head with why gta refuses to level up. He's been playing since Sanctum, way before the Heroes plugin came out. I remember him trying to play zeal with the heroes leveling system and he didn't like it, I think he leveled Mason up high enough to help me with town projects but that was about it. From then on till now he's just played this server for the Newerth community that he fell in love with back on Sanctum. He's basically considered himself a useless player for the last 2 maps now and over the last week he's actually been pretty happy that he has some kind of a use other than chatting with us lol.

This statement is false. The donor perk for flint & steel is still in there but the removal of this would be a good start.

I'm pretty sure I'm correct about flint and steal because I personally asked gta to try one day like 2 weeks ago and he couldn't use it. He has at least T3 donation rank.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff

Victim, why do I want to gouge my eyes out every time I see your name on anything?

You're being completely irrational here. Why should your town be exempt from the system? How is that fair, and why should that even be allowed?

As I stated before, it's fine if he wants to take a more "roleplayer" stance, or even a "social" stance, as you put it. However, if he wants to do so, he should not be allowed to circumvent the pvp system just because he "doesn't like it".

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Victim, why do I want to gouge my eyes out every time I see your name on anything?
Because you disagree with me and do not want to see my view of the situation. Same goes for the TC, Humans hate to be wrong, they hate it even more to be told they are wrong. And when these people have a group, their friends are afraid to speak their mind in fear they get made fun of. Personally, I feel you guys are on the wrong side of the argument and I'm free to say I think you are wrong. Oh and for the record, I don't need a group to back me to make me feel secure about my ideals.

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3

Nope. It isn't a PvP server. Kainzo has stated this many times. As someone from back just a few months after HC was released, Herocraft was not built on PvP. Hardcore, yes. That doesn't mean we need to cater to a PvP'ers every need or desire. PvP is an aspect, not the focus.

If he wants to play from a social aspect he can sit inside his house and chat all he wants.
I believe that Gta is allowed to stand wherever in the town he wishes. Why shouldn't he be able to be in Newerth where he wishes, when he wishes? Because it doesn't fit your needs? He isn't on all the time. You kill plenty of people, Newerth and non-Newerth. Besides, lets not have this focused on any specific town. All around better imo.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
-1 for encouraging practices that will lead to towns appointing "chest guardians" for raid defense. I see many people talking about the actions of one specific player in a town that is not known for large scale raiding, when the real issue is what will happen when towns recognize the advantage having an under-ten gives them.

The good news is, the incentive to level is great enough that ALMOST every player ever has chosen to level. So currently, there is almost no incentive to stay low level, and so I do not forsee many towns being able to recruit permanent under-tens.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!

Stop making this personal and just stay on topic. Though gta's actions are looked down upon by the community, I think that it should be his own right to do what he does.