• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Remove no-pvp for under level 10's within regions

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
I'm going to have to go with, punish the level >10 that is covering chests/grabbing peoples stuff on purpose to guard their townies stuff.

Its basically the same as abusing a underlevel character to steal from towns, if they are abusing the fact its no PVP, and know VERY well they cant be killed and refuse to level past 10 because of that factor, Ban em.

Off-Topic, for Dielan9999

MichealJacksonPopcorn.gif

MajorasMask

Ungodly
So should we make a new thread?

''Make it illegal to abuse non-pvp protection to cover chests/items in townships''

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
This:

but it's still an issue that can be exploited, if not by him then by someone else.
Plus there is the issue that what he's currently doing is not against the rules.

All I'm saying is, it's an unintended use of a perk given to new players, not intended for experienced players. There needs to be a way to protect people from those willing to exploit this.

And this:

I'm going to have to go with, punish the level >10 that is covering chests/grabbing peoples stuff on purpose to guard their townies stuff.

Its basically the same as abusing a underlevel character to steal from towns, if they are abusing the fact its no PVP, and know VERY well they cant be killed and refuse to level past 10 because of that factor, Ban em.

100% ^^^

I can't tell if Majoras is serious or just trying to troll Xexo. His suggestions on this matter are far to extreme.

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
So should we make a new thread?

''Make it illegal to abuse non-pvp protection to cover chests/items in townships''
There are other things they can do. They can trap people inside their region, donors can light people on fire, they can activate traps or lock doors.
The statement would need to be more broad, but I suppose the end result would solve the problem.

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
There are other things they can do. They can trap people inside their region, donors can light people on fire, they can activate traps or lock doors.
The statement would need to be more broad, but I suppose the end result would solve the problem.

If I recall right, I thought it was illegal if you dont level past 10 in a timely manner and you are abusing your no-pvp.

I remember it being said somewhere during the beginning of the map... around the time level 7s were just burning people and taking their stuff... I think it was in game in elite, don't remember I never took a SS of it either.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
If I recall right, I thought it was illegal if you dont level past 10 in a timely manner and you are abusing your no-pvp.

I remember it being said somewhere during the beginning of the map... I think it was in game in elite, don't remember I never took a SS of it either.

Is it really fair to force leveling like that? What if you try and fail? I'm a level 20 ninja and I die all the time.

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
Is it really fair to force leveling like that? What if you try and fail? I'm a level 20 ninja and I die all the time.

Level 10 is like Nothing Dielan >_> Get out of here with your troll speak <3

Honestly with the nerf to mastering your spec, it should be level 7 and under for no pvp...

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
Well it needs to be written down, as the rule has clearly been forgotten.

I agree, I just remember something about it, cause people were complaining about no-pvp people coming around and burning people and we couldnt do anything to stop them besides burn them back.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I can't tell if Majoras is serious or just trying to troll Xexo. His suggestions on this matter are far to extreme.

Which suggestion? xD

Barnubus The following is a rule suggestion:

Make it illegal to:

Use the ''Under Level 10 Non-PvP Protection'' (in townships you have region access to) to perform the following (WITHIN town regions):

- Cover deathchests left by town citizens after dying to a player (or group of players) who are raiding/attacking your town.
- Cover items/chests which are left open to a player (or group of players) who are raiding/attacking your town.
- Place fire/lava onto a player (or group of players) who are raiding/attacking your town.
- Block off houses/tunnels to trap/prevent the movement of a player (or group of players) who are raiding/attacking your town.

Note: In this case, ''raiding'' is defined as a group of players (or just one player) coming to your town to steal items. ''Attacking'' is defined as a group of players (or just one player) coming to your town to kill others. Both raiding and attacking can occur at the same time.

It's a little messy, but the best I could do. EDIT: Just changed a few things.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Level 10 is like Nothing Dielan >_> Get out of here with your troll speak <3

Honestly with the nerf to mastering your spec, it should be level 7 and under for no pvp...

I was being serious lol

Level 1 - 10 is a long time in leveling, especially for new players. You have no skills to use, all mobs kill you in a few hits. You are almost forced to get your combat spec to 10 before your crafter spec because if you level crafter first you could potentially become a pvp-capable level 1 path (ex. level 1 healer/level 10 crafter) and you would get destroyed by the anti-new-player pvp community of Herocraft today.

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8

Well the rule would more likely be along the lines of:

No player under level 10 may use their inability to be pvp'ed to their advantage within a region they are on.

So, that would include raiders/attackers, but also people just wandering around. The only time they would be able to use their region against someone is if the person was also under level 10.
I dunno, leave the fancy wording to Danda/Seratt/Kainzo, lol.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Which suggestion? xD

- Place fire/lava onto a player(s) who are raiding/attacking your town.
- Block off houses/tunnels to trap/prevent the movement of a player(s) who are raiding/attacking your town.

Why even have a town when you aren't allowed to set traps or slow movement? Would you have lwc iron doors removed next?

I can understand not allowing people to just dump lava buckets from their balconies on high, but what about preparing the lava beforehand? What if every road in the town was a [BRIDGE] over a lava pit with redstone controls in the town hall? Or lava dispensers wired to panic buttons? Would you have those be illegal too?

You are taking a situation such as the subject of this topic to push your absolutely insane anti-township agenda.

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
Why even have a town when you aren't allowed to set traps or slow movement? Would you have lwc iron doors removed next?

I can understand not allowing people to just dump lava buckets from their balconies on high, but what about preparing the lava beforehand? What if every road in the town was a [BRIDGE] over a lava pit with redstone controls in the town hall? Or lava dispensers wired to panic buttons? Would you have those be illegal too?

You are taking a situation such as the subject of this topic to push your absolutely insane anti-township agenda.

If you are avoiding pvp while doing the action (ie in an area you can be pvped) that is hindering those inside your town, illegal.
If anyone (under level 10 or above) can do this action (flip a lever or push a button) and avoid pvp (by being inside a building/under ground) then yes that is legal. (though that doesn't account for aoe's)

MajorasMask

Ungodly

The rules would only apply to people under level 10. If you can be attacked (you're above level 10), then you'd be able to do all the things listed in the rule, as it wouldn't apply to you.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
The rules would only apply to people under level 10. If you can be attacked (you're above level 10), then you'd be able to do all the things listed in the rule, as it wouldn't apply to you.

I've never seen a township that doesn't place some kind of block (be it dirt, pistons, iron doors) at the entrances of their public buildings or homes. That's the part of your suggestions I dislike the most. It's as bad as the suggestion they can't place blocks in towns at all. They might as well not join one, which would likely lead to them not staying on the server. Your suggestions have too many negative implications, where the fix for what's going on in this thread is so simple. Just make it illegal and people will PE it as it happens. If that were the case, the system doesn't not require any changes to how it is now. Towns are entry points for new players into the server's community. It really makes it or breaks it for them.