• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Remove no-pvp for under level 10's within regions

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
No, i'm pretty sure it's just him rambling on, like he always does.

MajorasMask are you confirming that you haven't been reading what Xexo has been posting? kevinlive is right, xexo is providing a counterargument to the things you have been saying through this entire thread, but you won't even read it.

Why even post on a suggestion thread if you are just gonna place down a bold opinion, then proceed to do this:

notlistening.jpg

MajorasMask

Ungodly
MajorasMask are you confirming that you haven't been reading what Xexo has been posting? kevinlive is right, xexo is providing a counterargument to the things you have been saying through this entire thread, but you won't even read it.

Why even post on a suggestion thread if you are just gonna place down a bold opinion, then proceed to do this:

notlistening.jpg

I'm not doing:

[IMG]
notlistening.jpg

I'm doing:

facepalm-849x10241.png

(Woah, big picture! :O)

I've read his ''counter arguement''. And, it sucks. Half of it is irrelevant and the other half is a load of philosophical wish wash. I'd reply to it, but there is no point, i'm not going to waste my time replying to a post to unnecessarily long, full of holes and pointless statements.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I've read his ''counter arguement''. And, it sucks. Half of it is irrelevant and the other half is a load of philosophical wish wash. I'd reply to it, but there is no point, i'm not going to waste my time replying to a post to unnecessarily long, full of holes and pointless statements.

This is why you shouldn't post on suggestion threads lol

MajorasMask

Ungodly
This is why you shouldn't post on suggestion threads lol

Well, if suggestions threads are going to be full of useless ''get nowhere'' arguements then fine, I won't post here. I've tried to turn this thread around many times, you lot keep getting too excited though, pulling the topic away from what it was originally about.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Well, if suggestions threads are going to be full of useless ''get nowhere'' arguements then fine, I won't post here. I've tried to turn this thread around many times, you lot keep getting too excited though, pulling the topic away from what it was originally about.

You say you spend your time reading this thread doing this:
facepalm-849x10241.png

^But it looks like you're the only one. Take some time to take in the counter arguments against your suggestions, and give feedback. Or are you one of those weird people who think they are never wrong?

MajorasMask

Ungodly
You say you spend your time reading this thread doing this:

^But it looks like you're the only one. Take some time to take in the counter arguments against your suggestions, and give feedback. Or are you one of those weird people who think they are never wrong?

Most people who have disagreed with the OP have come here, in the last 3-4 pages, expressing their view. It has mainly been me and Barnubus in that time. I wouldn't say i'm the ''only one'' who holds these views.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Want to fix this entire thing? Give no-PVP to players who have less than, let's say 4-5 hours of server PLAYING time. I mean, that's what it's all about, right? Give new players the chance to get a feel for things, get settled in, and then expose themselves to the deadliness of PVP after 4-5 hours of PLAYING. What is silly and borderline exploiting is having players who play 4-5 hours a DAY, every DAY, and stay no PVP. That defeats the purpose. These are not NEW players, they are players (not pointing any fingers, but some may even be alt accounts) for the benefit of covering chests. That is completely not right. Does it make sense that someone can basically become a Veteran and be no-PVP their entire Herocraft career? Let's get serious.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Want to fix this entire thing? Give no-PVP to players who have less than, let's say 4-5 hours of server PLAYING time. I mean, that's what it's all about, right? Give new players the chance to get a feel for things, get settled in, and then expose themselves to the deadliness of PVP after 4-5 hours of PLAYING. What is silly and borderline exploiting is having players who play 4-5 hours a DAY, every DAY, and stay no PVP. That defeats the purpose. These are not NEW players, they are players (not pointing any fingers, but some may even be alt accounts) for the benefit of covering chests. That is completely not right. Does it make sense that someone can basically become a Veteran and be no-PVP their entire Herocraft career? Let's get serious.

It's already bad enough that level 60 players camp level 10+ unspec'd players. The graylist and the level under level 10 restriction have gone a long way of boosting server population.

If you want to put in a time restraint on top of the level restraint, it should be like 10 - 15 hours. Since in 5 hours you might not even make it to level 10 and would be worse off than before. 10 - 15 hours is more reasonable.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
This has been turned down by Kainzo before, as he says, it'll put too much strain on the server.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
If you want to put in a time restraint on top of the level restraint, it should be like 10 - 15 hours. Since in 5 hours you might not even make it to level 10 and would be worse off than before. 10 - 15 hours is more reasonable.

4-5 hours was an example. Perhaps 10-15 hours is better. The point is nobody is FORCED to level up... Even if they accidently level up to 10 they can just reset and become immune again. You are, however, FORCED to punch the time-clock as long as you're online. Whether it's 5 hours, 10 hours, or 15 hours, at some point you're going to become exposed to raiders. 15 hours of playing time is PLENTY to get settled in, and that's the point of PVP restrictions in the first place. People like gtastuntdude abuse this by being online 5 hours a day to cover death chests and itch his butt in the meantime. I'm certain he knows the ways of the herocraft world, so he should be exposed to PVP, it only makes sense.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Is this thread made to suggest a thing or call names and insult a player who doesnt get to lv 10 to let 60 classes camp the fuck out of him? Just asking.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Is this thread made to suggest a thing or call names and insult a player who doesnt get to lv 10 to let 60 classes camp the fuck out of him? Just asking.
They've been basically targetting and bullying a specific player (gtastuntdude) who hasn't even had the chance to DEFEND himself on the thread. -_-'

bluejack404

Jack of Lapis
Legacy Supporter 8
To be fair, Barnubus offered a good suggestion. I and many others disagree with it, and Barnubus has heard our counterarguments and responded reasonably. I don't see us agreeing in the end. Unfortunately, some people have taken Barnubus's banner and shat all over it with their meanness and superiority.

Nietzsche once said that the worst enemies of one's cause are those who believe in it for all the wrong reasons.

They've been basically targetting and bullying a specific player (gtastuntdude) who hasn't even had the chance to DEFEND himself on the thread. -_-'
The funny part is I don't even think he cares. He's too laid back.

Personally, I agree. There's nothing more terrible than to stand around doing nothing while your friends get attacked and killed. And then when you friends get angry at you, and when they ask you why you didn't defend them or at least die trying...
When your response is "I'm not level 10 yet" you feel helpless and it almost makes you want to stop playing. And your friends start to look down upon you as some little weakling.
It's absolutely terrible, and I've experienced it more than once as a newbie player.

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
What's the point of towns to protect new and relatively defenseless players, then?

So you're saying raiders can just come into towns and kill new players, or players that are leveling in the outskirts of the town's regions?

if you want protection, hide in your room, log off. don't get involved unless youre prepared to die

Hydroking77

Legacy Supporter 7
As Kainzo has said before this server doesn't revolve around PvP; however, some groups of people are heavily to solely about PvP. They can do that and they can continue to push for more aspects in the server that will solely increase PvPing but, it still comes down to the fact that the server is Hardcore, not Hardcore PvP.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
Personally, I hate the bulk of these PvP friendly suggestions. GTA doesn't level up because he prefers to play the server for a social aspect. We just recently noticed he could do this for us. But seriously, you overpower us, 20-10 and then have the nerve to complain?

I know people will just say "Its because he's your friend" or "He's in your town, you can't speak", but there are plenty of other places for PvP if you don't like something, leave.
I can't read this shit anymore. Victim are you stoned off your ass? NO ONE brings 20 people. You are always saying, you have 20 v 10. Not true in the slightest. The under lvl 10 pvp is stupid in my opinion anyways. I was killed many times on DG when I first started. No reason to cry about it. FFS how is this even being discussed. Just remove /hero reset from perms and thats all we need. Eventually they will hit the exp needed to go above lvl 10. Why is /hero reset even available??

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
I can't read this shit anymore. Victim are you stoned off your ass? NO ONE brings 20 people. You are always saying, you have 20 v 10. Not true in the slightest. The under lvl 10 pvp is stupid in my opinion anyways. I was killed many times on DG when I first started. No reason to cry about it. FFS how is this even being discussed. Just remove /hero reset from perms and thats all we need. Eventually they will hit the exp needed to go above lvl 10. Why is /hero reset even available??
I'm not the one crying lol. I'm informed of the mass amounts of rage you emit in O chat as well as the amount of anger in your post.

Why not live with how the server is?

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
Why is /hero reset even available??

I can tell you we do get people in Tour asking all the how to reset their levels because they have started as one class and want to change it. People who have just come here, who are greylisted, do not have the coin to respec.

Not saying that is why we still have it, I am just saying there is a purpose.