• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Ranger nerf

Xerot

Legacy Supporter 4
I seldom use punch bows, since most people usually just run faster with it. Plus, rangers are 1v1 demons. But you get another enemy on the mix, and suddenly it's like taking candy from a baby. Seriously, we're good on our own, but as soon as you have a buddy or know how to focus someone down, we're pathetically easy. And I do speak from experience, we're anything but invincible. If a ranger's harrassing you, get an ally, and suddenly life is good. Oh, and watch the terrain you're on. It's effectively game over if the ranger you're facing knows the land he's on.

Oh, and @Truecorruptor <3

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
I seldom use punch bows, since most people usually just run faster with it. Plus, rangers are 1v1 demons. But you get another enemy on the mix, and suddenly it's like taking candy from a baby. Seriously, we're good on our own, but as soon as you have a buddy or know how to focus someone down, we're pathetically easy. And I do speak from experience, we're anything but invincible. If a ranger's harrassing you, get an ally, and suddenly life is good.
Isn't that how it works for all specs? (2v1 you should lose no matter what class).

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
Never said they couldn't, depends on how well they play their class vs the other two. But in a fair match were all 3 are equally skilled in their class the 1 person should always lose.

Exactly, and on class shouldn't dominate most other classes, except dragoon and disciple in a 1v1.

Think of it like rock paper scissors.

The rock shouldn't beat the paper AND the scissors.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Exactly, and on class shouldn't dominate most other classes, except dragoon and disciple in a 1v1.

Think of it like rock paper scissors.

The rock shouldn't beat the paper AND the scissors.
It doesn't dominate other classes like you say. It *can* if played properly, but I know I've often fallen to the swords of samurais and axes of dreadknights. On the same token, I've also beaten those samurais and dreadknights. I don't feel as though the ranger "dominates" the field of pvp at all right now. Your observations shouldn't be taken from a single ranger's patterns/exploits/etc.

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
It doesn't dominate other classes like you say. It *can* if played properly, but I know I've often fallen to the swords of samurais and axes of dreadknights. On the same token, I've also beaten those samurais and dreadknights. I don't feel as though the ranger "dominates" the field of pvp at all right now. Your observations shouldn't be taken from a single ranger's patterns/exploits/etc.

I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to whoever said that rangers should beat all classes in 1v1s.

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
@EtKEnn you obviously forget that rangers had root last map and ice arrow wasn't useless, also rangers are 'Rogues' aka high damage dealers which means rangers are supposed to heal high damage at a distance. One more thing rangers are far from 1v1 kings leftovers and xerots are just freaks and you guys are just whining over how they can shoot straight and you can obviously not strafe.

Bingy1218

Legacy Supporter 4
Lol this has gone on to long :p

LOOK at it like this. if you relise your in deep shit and they have a punch bow whacking you backwards STOP running back at them! Bryn you of all people are you that stupid to constantly run straight at a guy whos gonna push you back away and deal damage?

Someone create a poll for this so we can decide whether or not punch bows have the public vote to be changed.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
It's the same as saying:
Meele classses is OP
IF they use knockback 5 swords and potions if the opponent don't use it.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
I lost 4-5 hearts in 2 seconds from an arrowstorm today.
Then the arrow storm was either combined whit poison arrow or firearrow and you was unlucky.
The Arrowstorm is random, it is not the same amount of arrows in the same amount of time that comes out every time.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
It's the same as saying:
Meele classses is OP
IF they use knockback 5 swords and potions if the opponent don't use it.
Tell me, why would a Melee class ever EVER use a knockback sword. Also the max enchantment for Knockback is 2, not 5. There are no useful combat enchantments for swords on HC.

itzmak

Legacy Supporter 7
Here's an idea, let's give rangers rubber arrows that only do 1 dmg and their arrow storm shoots 1 arrows every 10 minutes. Also not to mention if they sneak they turn into a giant. Lastly make punch bows bring the target closer.

Rangers are fine just learn how to dodge arrows and when to fight.