• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Ranger nerf

bedbreath

Glowstone
Maybe ice arrow with a 4s effect of 50% reduced speed, whatever just some stun cuase it's hard to chase down players as a ranger

bedbreath

Glowstone
Oh it was

Why fire arrow though? Fire arrow glitches and makes half your arrows bounce and poison arrow is stronger anyways?

Lol it isn't a contest. But you are right that is by far the most op thing i have ever seen it 1 hit me and i saw it 1 hit a sammy.

it 1 hits just about everything.. and Promotes being a border hoping exploding fairy... Needs to be removed ASAP

O god really? This is the only time I really see so much damage from this...I recall a previous fight with leftovers as a fully armored lvl 40 DK, arrow storm is pretty lethal, but if you think about it, it is pretty easy to avoid IMO. As you normally would rush them as a melee class, when we are close enough, they would begin to arrowstorm us. An easy way to avoid most of the damage is maneuvering. As they use the skill, get out of their range and strafe away from them. After arrowstorm wears off, you can rush back in for more attacks. Even if very few arrows from arrowstorm actually hit me, I think their damage might need some minor tweaking. The damage should be reduced or increase the cools own time so they may only use it once in a fight. I dare compare this skill to HT due to its devastating damage, but with a bit more aiming. From all the reports of players thinking this is OP, it could use some tweaking, but not too much that the skill is pretty much useless.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
Arrowstorm should be removed entirely imo. Giving a skill that is almost entirely built for close quarter combat to a ranger seems kind of dumb. Id rather see more focus on having rangers actually attack from a range with things like backflip (with less vertical distance, more horizontal).

Another suggestion that my friend made to me is that they get an ability that turns a piece of the ground to soul sand for a period of time. Not sure if this is possible though I think it would be somewhat cool and could have a lot of interesting uses.

Also for ranger being op: pre charged bows > root + charged fire arrow > now

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
Arrowstorm is a op skill there is no point saying it isn't and it needs to be replaced by something that creates distance between the attacker and the ranger, but nothing that slows the attacker down we have seen from past experiences that rangers slowing people down = bad experience for attacker. Something like a really weak forcepush or like said before a jump that sends you in any direction would work nicely or another option is to add to the "nature" theme of rangers and go for a wind jump or something.