• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Ranger nerf

Pies207

Legacy Supporter 4
@Pies207 why are you randomly "disagreeing" my and other's posts with nothing to back up?

^ how is the above wrong?

Don't troll with ratings...
Btw leftovers thats different for everyone you cant base your facts off yourself, all you do is complain because you dont want a small nerf on your class. As @Aetosion said, the rangers bow does more damage charged as the samurai hitting twice and both take about the same amount of time (Ranger's 1 charge Sammi's 2 hits). Lots of classes have gotten nerfed and if people are willing to make points of why ranger should get nerfed maybe you should be open minded and look too.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Btw leftovers thats different for everyone you cant base your facts off yourself, all you do is complain because you dont want a small nerf on your class. As @Aetosion said, the rangers bow does more damage charged as the samurai hitting twice and both take about the same amount of time (Ranger's 1 charge Sammi's 2 hits). Lots of classes have gotten nerfed and if people are willing to make points of why ranger should get nerfed maybe you should be open minded and look too.
I have looked, but I find most of these arguments unwarranted and or one sided.

Pies207

Legacy Supporter 4
I have looked, but I find most of these arguments unwarranted and or one sided.
I agree with you on that, some of the nerfs people want are outrageous but i still think something needs to be done to ranger just to make it more even in fights even if some of its skills are about luck.

Pies207

Legacy Supporter 4
Not to mention bow damage could be nerfed a bit. At 200 per shot you will kill most classes in 4-5 shots. It takes most classes a lot more then 5 hits to take someone down.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Not to mention bow damage could be nerfed a bit. At 200 per shot you will kill most classes in 4-5 shots. It takes most classes a lot more then 5 hits to take someone down.
The thing is, it is alot harder to get a good shot off then to be in someones face and spam clicks

Pies207

Legacy Supporter 4
The thing is, it is alot harder to get a good shot off then to be in someones face and spam clicks
True but you would have to spam about 15 clicks or more depending on the rangers armor and who they are fighting to kill them, while the ranger just charges up and shoots you and if the melee class is hitting them well then they are closer making it easier for the ranger to hit. Not to mention the ranger is a ranged class so it can shoot melee classes before they even get close, if the ranger hits an enemy 1 time then the enemy is already at a major disadvantage.

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
True but you would have to spam about 15 clicks or more depending on the rangers armor and who they are fighting to kill them, while the ranger just charges up and shoots you and if the melee class is hitting them well then they are closer making it easier for the ranger to hit. Not to mention the ranger is a ranged class so it can shoot melee classes before they even get close, if the ranger hits an enemy 1 time then the enemy is already at a major disadvantage.

Exactly my point, rangers get too many chances to put themselves in an advantages position, before the enemy can even get to them.

parkerjdude

Legacy Supporter 6
hehe "Log range class" On a more serious note, Barrage sucks tbh, they would need a replacement close range skill. Either that or what was suggested awhile ago for Rangers, Disengage. Pretty much a reverse jump to make some distance between the Ranger and whoever is trying to bash his skull in.

That would be a cool skill. It would have to have a longer cd, like a 100s or something, but this would be nice, maybe it can jump in a random direction, just to suprise everyone. Just thinking, haha.

Pies207

Legacy Supporter 4
hehe "Log range class" On a more serious note, Barrage sucks tbh, they would need a replacement close range skill. Either that or what was suggested awhile ago for Rangers, Disengage. Pretty much a reverse jump to make some distance between the Ranger and whoever is trying to bash his skull in.
...............AKA backflip.... -.-

RagingDragon5

Portal
Ranger is harder than it looks. Yes they are pretty strong, but so are other classes. Most of the people who plays or played as a Ranger understands it's not that easy compared to other classes. It seems like to me that all people are doing now on suggestions is trying to get other classes nerfed. All I hear is that "I only lost to this person because of a certain skill, or their class is too strong." Why not just get better at pvping? I'm not saying that anybody sucks at pvp, but only losers makes excuses. If you would of won you probably wouldn't be complaining. And I'm talking about everyone who does this. When I lose in a pvp all I think is that they were better than me, not oh their class is stronger and that's why they won. Before people start complaining, they need to look at the REAL problem first.

bedbreath

Glowstone
Simple then remove arrow storm (I don't like it anyways) give us root to make up for all the lost ground and I'll be happy :) ranger takes skill to use but no matter how good he is proper strafing will take any ranger down.. It's not op unless your more than 30-40 blocks away, and that's the point to being a ranger. Nerf arrowstorm and replace with a working ice arrow or root

c12095

Holy Shit!
Simple then remove arrow storm (I don't like it anyways) give us root to make up for all the lost ground and I'll be happy :) ranger takes skill to use but no matter how good he is proper strafing will take any ranger down.. It's not op unless your more than 30-40 blocks away, and that's the point to being a ranger. Nerf arrowstorm and replace with a working ice arrow or root

You guys had root last map, was insanely OP which is why it was removed if I remember correctly.