• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Ranger nerf

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
@Pies207 why are you randomly "disagreeing" my and other's posts with nothing to back up?

It takes MUCH longer for a ranger to charge a bow than a warrior or rogue melee spec to simply click their mouse.

^ how is the above wrong?

Don't troll with ratings...

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
It seems to me most of you guys are just trying to screw ranger cause your scared of one person "Pathetic"
This, so much this. Don't try to nerf a class because you can't beat one person that plays it and plays it well.

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
I am a really bad ranger and leftovers is a good ranger, you whine that leftovers got his slayers title from killing lvl 3's if you nerf ranger he will have to kill lvl 3's because he will be that underpowered. If you also nerf rangers they will become just like wizards making money off ports rangers will make money off tracks :/

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Your not that good, and its not just you, its the class.
Lol, you must think ranger is the easiest class to play. I've mastered it and I know that it can be hard to hit someone that knows how to strafe. The two best rangers I know are Leftovers and @Xerot

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
Lol, you must think ranger is the easiest class to play. I've mastered it and I know that it can be hard to hit someone that knows how to strafe. The two best rangers I know are Leftovers and @Xerot

Ranger is one of the most skill based classes, I'm not arguing that, and I doubt I could play it well. All I'm saying is I think its a bit too slack or rangers who don't hit most of their shots. (IE. If you don't miss any ways you should't have a problem.)

I think it should be more of an "Oh Shit" moment for the ranger, when he doesn't hit two shots in a row, especially now with bow strength.

Either that or Punch II should be removed. Getting hit with a punch bow is like a forcepush. But you may say "Oh Bryn, Then Knockback should be removed silly!" But it's different, A Punch bow acts as a defensive mechanism, where as most sword users don't even use a knockback sword, because it pushes your target away.

Punch II just puts like another 30 blocks in between you, which then gives you another 3 shots. You hit one, and the whole fight resets back to thirty blocks away, but now the Melee has 2 or 3 less hearts. Rinse and repeat.

It seems to me like there is a little too much room for error.

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
wow ihazbryn your not getting it, it is really hard to hit someone running like there on crack.

I understand that. But that should be something that rangers have to adapt too. You shouldn't just get the shots handed to you on a silver plater.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I understand that. But that should be something that rangers have to adapt too. You shouldn't just get the shots handed to you on a silver plater.
They're not handed to you, it seems you don't understand what arrowstorm is all about. Sure, if you can get a good arrowstorm in it can do serious damage, but on top of that the enemy is moving to get the hell out of the arrowstorm so you have to refocus and refocus.

having a good shot is critical for a ranger, I can't emphasize that enough. there is a serious penalty for missing shots, and that's in the form of the enemy gaining ground.

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
They're not handed to you, it seems you don't understand what arrowstorm is all about. Sure, if you can get a good arrowstorm in it can do serious damage, but on top of that the enemy is moving to get the hell out of the arrowstorm so you have to refocus and refocus.

having a good shot is critical for a ranger, I can't emphasize that enough. there is a serious penalty for missing shots, and that's in the form of the enemy gaining ground.

Well your not reading.

I didn't say shit about arrowstorm for like 6 pages.

I'm saying that they gain ground when you miss and then you hit them with a punch bow, and then your back in business.

Its too easy to keep distance, even when missing shots.

Bingy1218

Legacy Supporter 4
Bryn keeping up with a ranger is piss easy
a) its not difficult to strafe even against good rangers such as Leftovers
b) why keep running straight back at them if they are just gonna do the exact same thing and begin to own you?
Referring back to b) this seems to be all people moan about most on the suggestions is how they are stupid enough to keep on running straight back at a person who can push them back away negating any chances of the attacker from doing damage. Simple solution. DONT. when you see your chances begining to look slim get back its not exactly difficult to place 4 dirt blocks and hide behind? or even retreating to a distance in a forest or a cave where you can easily rape a ranger in a corner.

EDIT: Btw if ur still dragoon don't you have impale and disarm???

Bingy has a point here. I mean I don't think those skills are exactly the best skills for such an example, but Dragoon is like the best Anti-Ranger Class there is! I mean with jump, they can close distance VERY quickly, and that fucks up a ranger very well. The only good skill that a Ranger can viably use up-close is arrowstorm which I admit is pretty devastating. I still think Ranger is pretty balanced not only because Left is my Kingdom Leader, but also because I truly think it is. The cooldown not only shows when a ranger can use his skill, but also the stamina count and mana count. Most of these skills include the use of mana and I'm pretty sure the Ranger will need a lot of time to use that "OP" skill again that you're talking about. Many ways to simply defeat a ranger, if needed I can find an instructional strafing method for those challenged in fighting this rogue spec...

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
I've never once said that I personaly have trouble with rangers. I'm a dragoom, as you have said, anti ranger, but, from what I have seen, from last map to this map, is a large decrease in acurracy, yet a large increase in "good" rangers.

Two things that have changed. Punch bows, and arrow storm, which are two abilities that force the rangers target farther away.

Last map, as a samurai (without any "One") the differance between a good ranger and a bad ranger was huge A good ranger would hit 4 out of 5 shots and drop you before you had time to get anywhere close, where as a bad ranger would hit 2 out of 5, giving you time to get up close, and forcing them to take out their axe.

This map rangers don't ever need axes, because as soon as you get close, they arrowstorm or punch II you 30 blocks away. Rangers can be bad at positioning, and hit 2 out of 5, and still do above average.

I don't want the class to be unuseable, I just think that the differance between good accuracy and bad accuracy shouldn't be how fast you kill them, but if you kill them at all.

Bingy1218

Legacy Supporter 4
I've never once said that I personaly have trouble with rangers.
This map rangers don't ever need axes, because as soon as you get close, they arrowstorm or punch II you 30 blocks away. Rangers can be bad at positioning, and hit 2 out of 5, and still do above average.

30 blocks?
All you are actually complaining about here is basically arrowstorm because punch II bows are easily avoidable tbh and only a fully drawn arrow will actually push you back far enough for it to work effectively.

Arrowstorm is actually similar to a dreadknights harmtouch, however varies slightly. My reasoning to this is because an arrowstorm can either do a lot of damage or minimal damage however during the time of the use of arrowstorm the ranger is likely to have taken quite a bit of damage, like a dreadknight for instance who recieves these but instantaneously.
When it comes to the usage of Arrowstorm it can be considered as "lucky" really because the amount of arrows and the rate at which they come out changes from what i've heard each time. But do keep in mind that a ranger is forever going to have to keep refocusing their target as the target is likely to be moving.

I don't want the class to be unuseable, I just think that the differance between good accuracy and bad accuracy shouldn't be how fast you kill them, but if you kill them at all.
I'm not all sure what your gettting at here?

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
30 blocks?
All you are actually complaining about here is basically arrowstorm because punch II bows are easily avoidable tbh and only a fully drawn arrow will actually push you back far enough for it to work effectively.

I'm not all sure what your gettting at here?

Arrow storm, even if only hitting 5 arrows, still knocks you back a good 7-8 blocks. Add in the fact that the ranger should be walking backwards, and you have got yourself a gap.

Think of it this way.

Lets say the ranger needs to hit 5 shots to kill a target, and has time to shoot 5 shots before they reach the ranger.

If the ranger is accurate, and hits 4/5, the guy will get too him with 2 hearts, and he can just finish him with his axe.
That's how I believe it should be.

But currently it works like this:

The ranger hit 2/5 of his arrows, the punch II knocks his target back, gives him enough time to shoot another 3 shots. He only hits one of those. That hits him back enough for one more shot. he misses that one and now the guy is up in the rangers face with 4 hearts. The ranger arrow storms dealing 3 hearts, and forcing the guy to run back 15 blocks, while the ranger back peddles 10 blocks. The ranger now has a chance to shoot 4 more shots. He hits one of those, killing the guy.

All in all this ranger hit 4/13 shots.

That's a 30% accuracy.

The other guy has an 80% accuracy, yet both of them killed the guy without taking much damage.

You have to remember, there are not a lot of classes with gap closers.

Honestly, even remove punch and arrowstorm, but give rangers another 50 damage on thier bows or somthing.

Just make it easier to get in their faces.

@Alltherangersinthisthread I realise you are not looking at this objectively and I'm not going to argue any more. You have your beliefs I have mine. I respect that, But for now, Ill just stick to playing dragoon.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I am a really bad ranger and leftovers is a good ranger, you whine that leftovers got his slayers title from killing lvl 3's if you nerf ranger he will have to kill lvl 3's because he will be that underpowered. If you also nerf rangers they will become just like wizards making money off ports rangers will make money off tracks :/
And if you nerf samurai, lost soul would be OP compared to it!

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I understand that too, but removing punch bows will destroy ranger and you seem keen to do that.
There wasn't Punch bows last map and rangers were fine then. And your point is? Afraid to lose your OP enchantment? Why not add in fire aspect again?

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
There wasn't Punch bows last map and rangers were fine then. And your point is? Afraid to lose your OP enchantment? Why not add in fire aspect again?

Exactly, last map without Punch, rangers seemed more skill based, and that's what I'm trying to get at.