• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Ranger nerf

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
The determining factor in the quality of a ranger was and is not right now, precision
Fixed.

Rangers used to either be:

One: They would kill you before you even saw them, or,

Two: You would murder them before they could even pull out their bow.

Right now they are:

One: Ranger shoots 5 shots, hits 4, Kills you, Or,

Two: Ranger shoots 10 shots, hits 4, Kills you.

Get the difference?

EDIT: from above.

As a melee class, fighting rangers on a daily basis, I see almost ZERO differance, between a so called "skilled ranger" and an "average ranger"

There are Thieves and Bards, that have better aim than 90% of the rangers on this server, yet the rangers still win.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Fixed.

Rangers used to either be:

One: They would kill you before you even saw them, or,

Two: You would murder them before they could even pull out their bow.

Right now they are:

One: Ranger shoots 5 shots, hits 4, Kills you, Or,

Two: Ranger shoots 10 shots, hits 4, Kills you.

Get the difference?
On the same token, that only applies to wizards, beguilers, and other rogue specs. This is not the case for any warrior spec (samurai sort of), healer spec for the most part, and necro. That said, around 6/16 of the specs are subject to this. If a ranger is annoying you, just get your disciple or dragoon buddy to take them out.

People don't know how to strafe.

brancher

Obsidian
As Aetosion said, a retool for rangers is being thought up, We all know that Arrowstorm is broken, but just because a player has good aim is not grounds for a nerf to the class. Get better at dodging.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
I believe that the ranger skills poison arrow and arrow storm are very overpowered. 1 poison arrow brings me (a wizard) down to around half health. That is alot of damage. I would suggest a slight nerf on this skill's damage or less ticks. Arrow storm i think was a very good idea but could be tweaked slightly to make it more fair. Rangers should need to have a bow to use arrowstorm. Rangers are a class all about precision and arrow storm is the exact opposite. Rangers have the ability to spam arrows and if they are originally off target they can readjust their aim and still deal incredible amounts of damage. I think that a good fix for this would be to make the cursor of the player using arrow storm decrease sensitivity drastically and be slowed. They keep the same amount of damage however the attack requires precision to use instead of spamming. This also prevents them from barrel stuffing people at point blank. This is a great skill for rangers to have and it does great nuke damage and with these changes it would be used at medium range not very close range. Rangers do the most damage at like range by far so they should not also be able to have the mot nuke damage at close range. I think that if one of these (preferably arrow storm) were to be nerfed it would make ranger a much more evenly powered class.
Poison arrow is not "Very" overpowered.
Last time I checked one poison arrow took about 2-3 of my hearts, (don't know if they have made the dmg more lately). If you nerd poison arrow much it will be easier for you as a wizard, but when Mr. Ranger meets a warrior spec he has about nothing to do cause the warrior got much HP.
The Ranger are a rogue spec, rogues are supposed to hit hard and fast, the ranger do that.
The only Difference is that the ranger are best on range combat, you as a wizard got skills that got about the same dog output the poison arrows, but a wizard is not a range fighter so it has to be closer.

About the Arrowstorm.
Arrowstorm is like a Ohh.. Shit skill.

You have to be very close to the target to get to use the arrowstorm, and since you only got one close combat skill and the arrowstorm got a 20sec CD you then need to grab your axe and do less dmg than the rogue path.

My point is.
I don't know the exact dmg of a poison arrow, but at least the way it was early on this map is a good amount (I think), the Arrowstorm is a rangers Ohh Shit skill, or the skill you can use to finish of your targets when they you have fired arrows toward them while they have been running and they have finally caught up.
I am open to replacement of Arrowstorm, BUT
If you want to change Arrowstorm you should change it whit another CLOSE combat skill, because if you remove the only usable close combat skill all rangers will die if they get supprised by a melee spec...

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
On the same token, that only applies to wizards, beguilers, and other rogue specs. This is not the case for any warrior spec (samurai sort of), healer spec for the most part, and necro. That said, around 6/16 of the specs are subject to this. If a ranger is annoying you, just get your disciple or dragoon buddy to take them out.

First of all, Wrong.

As a melee fighting a caster, I can instantly tell the difference between a good caster, and a terrible one. Its not about skill use, its about kiting.

Does not apply to rogue specs.

I will agree on the samurai, they need a bit of a nerf.

Healers need good positioning in team fights, and good mana use. A bad healer gets raped after throwing a few bandages off, a good healer kites for 10 minutes keeping his team alive.

Did you just put necro because Nubberr raped you 4 times in a row and you think its OP? When was the last time you saw any other necro do above average in pvp. The skill cap on necro is pretty high.

If anything, rangers need like a 1 second CD on their arrows. Punishment for missing needs to be higher = More of a skill cap. + arrow storm removed

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
If anything, rangers need like a 1 second CD on their arrows. Punishment for missing needs to be higher = More of a skill cap. + arrow storm removed

Are you mad?!
The arrows are the only dmg output a ranger has.
It's the same as saying that wizards now need to wait 1 second between all damaging skills they use.
And samurais must wait 1 sec between their sword hits.

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
Are you mad?!
The arrows are the only dmg output a ranger has.
It's the same as saying that wizards now need to wait 1 second between all damaging skills they use.
And samurais must wait 1 sec between their sword hits.

Rangers can have a 20% hit ratio, and do good in pvp.

Rangers do like 200 damage with one charged arrow, a samurai does 90.

That's the difference.

They need a higher skill cap. If your a good ranger you wont care because you hit 80% of your shots anyways, and you can kick the shit out of anyone from 10 blocks away. The bad rangers are the ones who would cry. :D

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Rangers can have a 20% hit ratio, and do good in pvp.

Rangers do like 200 damage with one charged arrow, a samurai does 90.

That's the difference.

They need a higher skill cap. If your a good ranger you wont care because you hit 80% of your shots anyways, and you can kick the shit out of anyone from 10 blocks away. The bad rangers are the ones who would cry. :D
It takes MUCH longer for a ranger to charge a bow than a warrior or rogue melee spec to simply click their mouse.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
As a melee class, fighting rangers on a daily basis, I see almost ZERO differance, between a so called "skilled ranger" and an "average ranger"

You're a dragoon, one of the two main anti ranger specs, the other being disciple. Comment null.

macura

Diamond
Poison arrow is not "Very" overpowered.
Last time I checked one poison arrow took about 2-3 of my hearts, (don't know if they have made the dmg more lately). If you nerd poison arrow much it will be easier for you as a wizard, but when Mr. Ranger meets a warrior spec he has about nothing to do cause the warrior got much HP.
The Ranger are a rogue spec, rogues are supposed to hit hard and fast, the ranger do that.
The only Difference is that the ranger are best on range combat, you as a wizard got skills that got about the same dog output the poison arrows, but a wizard is not a range fighter so it has to be closer.

About the Arrowstorm.
Arrowstorm is like a Ohh.. Shit skill.

You have to be very close to the target to get to use the arrowstorm, and since you only got one close combat skill and the arrowstorm got a 20sec CD you then need to grab your axe and do less dmg than the rogue path.

My point is.
I don't know the exact dmg of a poison arrow, but at least the way it was early on this map is a good amount (I think), the Arrowstorm is a rangers Ohh Shit skill, or the skill you can use to finish of your targets when they you have fired arrows toward them while they have been running and they have finally caught up.
I am open to replacement of Arrowstorm, BUT
If you want to change Arrowstorm you should change it whit another CLOSE combat skill, because if you remove the only usable close combat skill all rangers will die if they get supprised by a melee spec...
Rangers are a log range class why the fuck would they get a close range attack they already have Barrage.

c12095

Holy Shit!
Rangers are a log range class why the fuck would they get a close range attack they already have Barrage.

hehe "Log range class" On a more serious note, Barrage sucks tbh, they would need a replacement close range skill. Either that or what was suggested awhile ago for Rangers, Disengage. Pretty much a reverse jump to make some distance between the Ranger and whoever is trying to bash his skull in.

Aetosion

Obsidian
@leftovers5

2 of my hits (hitting ~once per second) hit for less damage than a ranger's one hit (hitting ~once times per 1.8 seconds). I'm a Samurai.

I must disagree with you, Hiiggins, I can kill leftovers fine if I strafe 80% of his shots. Which I can.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
Arrowstorm is close range and that is already in use.

Barrage is good on the paper, but due to the arrow and stamina cost are you able to use it one time during a fight (two if you are lucky), that means you have something that acts like an AOE attack but the target(s) need to be very close. That means you can get one maybe two hits on a person during a close range fight that is the same as 170HP (according to the wiki), seeing that most classes got about 700-1300HP is 170-320 during an entire fight pretty useless.

(one barrage costs 24 arrows + stam)

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
@leftovers5

2 of my hits (hitting ~once per second) hit for less damage than a ranger's one hit (hitting ~once times per 1.8 seconds). I'm a Samurai.

I must disagree with you, Hiiggins, I can kill leftovers fine if I strafe 80% of his shots. Which I can.
A 1v1 in which you snuck up behind me and caught me by surprise

macura

Diamond
Tbh with a punch 2 bow a ranger. Could fend off any melee class if they get at least a 60% hit ratio. Even if the melee class gets close because of the space in between when the hits can regester the ranger can just hit them back again especially dragoons because they are such low dps. Imo rangers should lose bow strength and arrow storm and instead get a standard punch 1 buff. This allows the ranger to prevent the person to get too close and get them away if they get up in the person's face. However the punch buff shouldnt stack if the ranger is using a punch bow or that would be op. This allows the ranger to be better but actually have somewhat of a decent aim. The passive buff of bowstrength is what i believe allows any idiot who
Picks up a bow to become a good ranger because it gets rid of the requirement to be good at aiming.