• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Ranger nerf

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
Tbh with a punch 2 bow a ranger. Could fend off any melee class if they get at least a 60% hit ratio. Even if the melee class gets close because of the space in between when the hits can regester the ranger can just hit them back again especially dragoons because they are such low dps. Imo rangers should lose bow strength and arrow storm and instead get a standard punch 1 buff. This allows the ranger to prevent the person to get too close and get them away if they get up in the person's face. However the punch buff shouldnt stack if the ranger is using a punch bow or that would be op. This allows the ranger to be better but actually have somewhat of a decent aim. The passive buff of bowstrength is what i believe allows any idiot who
Picks up a bow to become a good ranger because it gets rid of the requirement to be good at aiming.
EXACTLY.

itzmak

Legacy Supporter 7
What's so bad with rangers? Kite and try to get them trapped in a corner. You can literally dodge every arrow if you dont have a shitty computer..

RagingDragon5

Portal
Honestly I don't think rangers are op at all. Okay rangers have a good move. So? Almost Every class has a move that is strong. Almost every class has a move that can change the tide in a battle. I agree with the part of needing a bow to use arrowstorm, but the other things no. That's really the only thing that give rangers a fighting chance. Barrage really don't do anything, and all the different arrows are good if they hit the opponent, which is hard to do if they aren't stupid and charge straight forward at the rangers basically giving them an easy target.Also there are a lot of different ways to counter arrowstorm. Anyways yea...

Aetosion

Obsidian
Rangers aren't OP. -.-
Sorry for the wierd blurring that happens. Youtube didn't process the filetype Screenflow produced correctly.

All it takes to beat a Ranger is strafing.

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
Rangers aren't OP. -.-
Sorry for the wierd blurring that happens. Youtube didn't process the filetype Screenflow produced correctly.

All it takes to beat a Ranger is strafing.

Reuploading it here without the blur, not done yet:

Meh You have "One".

Aetosion

Obsidian
You can strafe without it :p
In the mainworld outside of Dragongarde I'd normally just place 4 blocks and soak the Arrowstorm into it, then run around, pop up barricades as I go, then the Ranger starts running. That's when I'd usually use One. Which is not entirely necessary, just helpful.

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
I know, like I can kick the shit out of rangers, but I'm a dragoon.

If I wasn't I would cry.

Mr krall

TNT
I thought that rouge specs where meant to be the best caster spec kills am I right?[/quo

This is true but arrowstorm is amazing against all other classes even warrior spec. When i was a lvl 40 dreadknight I ran into leftovers in a small 1 by 2 tunnel and he used arrowstorm. He got me down to 2 hearts because he hit every sinlge shot (no skill needed) then he finished me off with his axe. A rogue spec should not do that to a warrior spec.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8

@Mr krall

I don't use axes, unless I pick them up along the way.

Aiming is easy in 1x2 holes.

Finally, the amount of arrows fired in arrowstorm are completely random (3-12 I think) and at a varying velocity. This means you could either get stuck with a crappy arrowstorm and get screwed in a fight, get an awesome one and turn the tides, or you get something in between.

Dreadknights are much easier to fight at least for me as a ranger since the breakout of level 60.

Bingy1218

Legacy Supporter 4
Is this all that happens in suggestion section now? people just bitch and moan about OP?

Aetosion

Obsidian
The Suggestion forum has morphed, in some capacity, to an unofficial Balance forum. Lots of people are concerned about suggesting things for the heroes plugin.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
I don't really get it.
Rangers are in my eyes well balanced.
They have some good moves, but everyone got some good moves.
If you nerf the dmg done by bow it will be not much point of being ranger (seeing that ninja/thief will have a bow dmg that is not far away from the rangers).
Some of the point is that you don't only need to know how to play ur class, but you also need to know how to fight the class you are fighting against.

As people say straif the arrows, don't run towards the ranger in a straight like trying to charge him.
If a ranger get attacked by a dragoon from behind is the ranger as good as dead, because the dragoon can use it's fancy skills to make it impossible to aim whit arrows.

This is true but arrowstorm is amazing against all other classes even warrior spec. When i was a lvl 40 dreadknight I ran into leftovers in a small 1 by 2 tunnel and he used arrowstorm. He got me down to 2 hearts because he hit every sinlge shot (no skill needed) then he finished me off with his axe. A rogue spec should not do that to a warrior spec.

What did you expect when leftover was master ranger and you was lvl 40?

Leftover definitely know how to play his class, AND how to play against most classes.
That doesn't make the class OP
That makes leftover a good ranger.

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
Leftover definitely know how to play his class, AND how to play against most classes.
That doesn't make the class OP
That makes leftover a good ranger.

But the thing is, when I was watching him 1v1, he would hit only 20-30% of his shots, and still kill the guy before he even got close.

All I want is rangers to be more dependent on accuracy.

You shouldn't be able to win with a 30% hit ratio.

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
It seems to me most of you guys are just trying to screw ranger cause your scared of one person "Pathetic"