• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

I'm Disappointed.

c12095

Holy Shit!
[

I see. However, are you able to command a vast amount of people to stay guard of newcomers. The main reason why I said we need an amazing leader is because most people won't commit to this. There would have to be enough people to actually commit to this. Also being a leader of a cast amount of people is necessary

Of course i'm able to. But I also don't restrict PvP from the TC in any form. Don't worry though, whoever you find we will be sure to test their ability to protect the players of this server :D

RagingDragon5

Portal
Of course i'm able to. But I also don't restrict PvP from the TC in any form. Don't worry though, whoever you find we will be sure to test their ability to protect the players of this server :D

Your actually going to go with this? Hmm seems interesting to see how this turns out. Just to know, what is your group gonna be called?

c12095

Holy Shit!
Lol sorry kinda tired. Can't believed that slipped past me. Well, I wish the best of luck to you. I have my doubts, but we will see how this goes.

lol go to sleep and come re-read everything when you wake up, I don't think your getting it yet haha.

Galaxial

Legacy Supporter 4
I did indeed start up a Newbie Center in the Spawn a while ago.
I had a list of items that I collected myself over the months of playing Herocraft, and thought that rather being hoarded in the endless number of my chests in my various plots, instead, I'd share it with the newbies and give them a good headstart, because it was incredibly difficult for me to start when I first joined.

However, some people regarded me giving the items to new players as a 'shop'. I didn't charge a penny. Plus, it was perceived as 'non-hardcore', so it was marked for removal.

To summarise, you can't be too nice on a hardcore server ;)

itzmak

Legacy Supporter 7
When I see a noob I usually give them a couple humps (spam shift) and toss them food and maybe offer them to join my town. I would understand if you got 100+ xp from a kill or coins from a kill but it just doesn't seem right killing someone that just started that has no items

c12095

Holy Shit!
When I see a noob I usually give them a couple humps (spam shift) and toss them food and maybe offer them to join my town. I would understand if you got 100+ xp from a kill or coins from a kill but it just doesn't seem right killing someone that just started that has no items

I'm sorry.... I just cant take you seriously with that Avatar...

F

~Falker57~

I really dislike where herocraft has gone. Everyone is so hostile to everyone it is a bit ridiculous. Smh on herocraft that I am guilty of as well. I wish I didn't trashtalk and troll so much because I didn't realize my actions. I am also guilty of killing noobs and I was ignorant to the fact that they could quit the server. Perfect example of people not knowing what their actions could do.

Davros_

Web Developer
Legacy Supporter 9
I really dislike where herocraft has gone. Everyone is so hostile to everyone it is a bit ridiculous. Smh on herocraft that I am guilty of as well. I wish I didn't trashtalk and troll so much because I didn't realize my actions. I am also guilty of killing noobs and I was ignorant to the fact that they could quit the server. Perfect example of people not knowing what their actions could do.
Ignorantia nec excusat.

You should always consider how your words or actions will affect others; ignorance is not an excuse. With that being said, it's never too late to start. :)

On a somewhat unrelated note, I'm surprised at how much attention this thread has received. I'm glad to see so much support.

F

~Falker57~

I was just being immature. I feel I have matured to a certain extent to realize how my actions affect people. I feel bad now for being such an asshole all the time.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Probably one of my most conflicted periods of time on Herocraft was my trek for [Slayer]. Although I do often coat the truth in that I killed parker, or mrchucklez, or someone like that, a lot of my kills WERE lower levels that were randomly scattered throughout the wild. I always felt horrible when one of them fell to my arrows, and I would always apologize afterwards. I always tried to justify the trek to be able to hold something over my enemies, a reason that didn't make much sense.

I, too, am flawed in that respect, but I realize this as well.

Having the whole server against you for a 1125c bounty really makes you rethink what you do on the server and what you stand for.

KiwiGuy

TNT
After experiencing a similar response when I returned to the server, with veteran players offering to help you just to lure you out of no-pvp zones. I thought wow this server has degenerated since I played last year.

However this post and re-instilled those old values i enjoyed playing on this server. I like the idea of newbie players getting protection, but maybe you could make it their first full 8 hours played on the server. They will barely have read all the signs and navigated through to the hero gates in 20mins.

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
I won't be naming names as to keep this away from a flame thread, but two players were just camping two newer players. Having been camped by them just about 5-10 minutes before, I decided to hide, and wait for a chance to strike. When the opportunity arose itself, I tried to distract them so the 2 newbies could get away. Though they didn't realize it. I ended up dead, and when one made a run for it, I attacked again, ensuring he could make it alive.

Things like that can help people see that, despite some saying that everyone does it (slaughtering newer players), there are some who would rather defend them. Just doing this can improve the chance that some have to enjoy their time on Herocraft.

Just a quick write-up since I need to go now, but thought I'd share this.

HolyRane

Legacy Supporter 7
I'll help some noobs, I'll slaughter some noobs, I will camp them for hours sometimes, but sometimes I will help them get into a town and give them money, people shouldn't be judged by one thing.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
A murderer kills someone but he gives money to the family. He will forever be judged for giving money to the family. Yea..