• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

I'm Disappointed.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Said less than 24 hours after him and his town camped 2-3 new players at a graveyard for a title.
I didn't partake in this. Fo0l3d was only doing it for assassin, which he did, then the noobs were allowed to get away without getting killed.

lhatchy1

Legacy Supporter 4
I kill rude noobs, abuse people in 'o' and rage. And noobs who see you, fireball you and run. (They don't run for much longer)
Other than this, in the past month I have helped 4 kind noobs, gave them tons of gear, swords, food and even diamonds. And this actually benefits me, lets say they go ranger, guess who get's free tracks!

Halizu

ICE ICE ICE!
I spent half an hour the other day helping a new player, he was having trouble leveling up at mob arenas because he always died, so I told him to find a spot near a graveyard far away from spawn and start killing mobs there. The same player politely messaged me afterwards and said that he wanted to join a town, but the town he had applied for hadn't accepted his application, so I had a look at it, told him what to change, and what do you know, he was accepted. I guess I'm just saying that not everyone is a dick, and you get much more satisfaction from helping new people, not camping them at graveyards and ultimately making them leave the server.

iTzDeXy

Legacy Supporter 6
I spent half an hour the other day helping a new player, he was having trouble leveling up at mob arenas because he always died, so I told him to find a spot near a graveyard far away from spawn and start killing mobs there. The same player politely messaged me afterwards and said that he wanted to join a town, but the town he had applied for hadn't accepted his application, so I had a look at it, told him what to change, and what do you know, he was accepted. I guess I'm just saying that not everyone is a dick, and you get much more satisfaction from helping new people, not camping them at graveyards and ultimately making them leave the server.

You may not get satusfaction at first but in the long run you can, killing new people is a good way to get into pvp and pefect your combos and your other pvp bits and bobs which can improve your skills and give you the abilitiy to beat better players then the same again but with higher skilled players and so on :D, and im not saying do it all the time and more than once at a time but as a one off its fine I think and most the time I find they have a good laugh about it if you dont act like a dick towards them and you give them a helping hand after (along with giving them their items of course) :D, So killing new players in small proportions isn't bad but to the point as described above it becomes a dick move and those who do it to that point should have their kill streak titles removed and the /dtp kills reset to 0 and /dtp deaths set to 5000 default :D.

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
Said less than 24 hours after him and his town camped 2-3 new players at a graveyard for a title.
No, our original plan was to go their because we wanted to kill lhatchy to SAVE the noobs, but we killed them a few times, then let them be. The reason we killed them is because fo0l3d had a 43 KS, and we wanted him to get the assassin title. We were killing those noobs for probably 10 minutes max. And, after I gave some their stuff back. (The stuff I got.)

Falker57

Legacy Supporter 8
The problem with Starkillah's entire argument is that "Sure just follow one of the unpopulated roads. You wont find any pvp there" is that new people don't understand how hard it is for them to kill mobs. They dont think creepers can 1 shot them or skills will kill them real quick. For example, I found a noob in /ch tour who needed help. I told him to meet me at the hg. I gave him food an iron sword and a few picks. I told him to follow me while I try to get his levels up. I killed a few mobs got him up to lvl 10. I, atm, had to go. I told him that we needed to part ways. He was fine with that. I started back to my town when I see he was blown up by a creeper. I am not saying mobs need to be nerfed in any sort of way. Trust me, I love killing wild mobs for the loot, xp and coin. But, new people just have a hard time even when they do avoid pvp. They have to travel out A LOT more to get to a place where there are trees and a good spot to mine if they do not take the herogates. While they are traveling that extra distance, they are a lot more susceptible to dieing from mobs spawning.

zZHeroInSoup

Obsidian
Earlier today, I witnessed something that was very disappointing to me. Four players, none of them particularly new to the server, repeatedly killed a newly whitelisted player who was just trying to get started with Herocraft.

When I saw this happening, I tried to assist the new player and show him a place he could cut some wood in order to make a home. The four players again came frolicking in, sarcastically shouting, "We mean no harm!"

They stood around for a few minutes, watching him try to make a crafting bench and kill some chickens. Unprovoked, they killed the new player for the umpteenth time. All of my respect for these individuals was gone at this point, as you can imagine.

I feel somewhat ashamed that this new player is probably thinking to himself, "Wow, Herocraft is full of douchebags." While this isn't true, lately more and more of this behavior has been happening. I'm sure I'm going to get the cliche response "This is a hardcore server," but that is NOT an excuse to be a complete douchebag.

All I'm asking of you, the community, is to consider showing some respect once in a while. You don't need to kill everything that moves in order to have a good time. In fact, helping a new player get started can be greatly rewarding, and it will certainly make you feel better than gangraping them.
\

Maybe you should bring over friends to fuck them up. And then those poor lil noobs can go skippity away, and then not a single fuck would be given.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The problem with Starkillah's entire argument is that "Sure just follow one of the unpopulated roads. You wont find any pvp there" is that new people don't understand how hard it is for them to kill mobs. They dont think creepers can 1 shot them or skills will kill them real quick. For example, I found a noob in /ch tour who needed help. I told him to meet me at the hg. I gave him food an iron sword and a few picks. I told him to follow me while I try to get his levels up. I killed a few mobs got him up to lvl 10. I, atm, had to go. I told him that we needed to part ways. He was fine with that. I started back to my town when I see he was blown up by a creeper. I am not saying mobs need to be nerfed in any sort of way. Trust me, I love killing wild mobs for the loot, xp and coin. But, new people just have a hard time even when they do avoid pvp. They have to travel out A LOT more to get to a place where there are trees and a good spot to mine if they do not take the herogates. While they are traveling that extra distance, they are a lot more susceptible to dieing from mobs spawning.
PARAGRAPHSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Davros_
I can see where you have a problem with this to me I don't see minecraft as a pvp I see it as a way to make new friends, a way to get away from it all, and not to be harrased for umphtime. This is not what minercaft is sopuse to be if anyone reads this please... help the next newmember you meet cause he/she could make a great friend.

Falker57

Legacy Supporter 8
Nice Necro, But its funny how Fooled said that he doesnt kill noobs! Lololololl Slayer without killing noobs at the beggining of the map is funny

Falker57

Legacy Supporter 8
Are you mad because we killed you? ;)
I dont remember you even being there lawlllllll. And no I am not. F00led is a Rogue and its not too hard to kill warriors as a rogue lolol. Talk to me when I go pally or Dk then complain about how I am killing you ;)

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
I dont remember you even being there lawlllllll. And no I am not. F00led is a Rogue and its not too hard to kill warriors as a rogue lolol. Talk to me when I go pally or Dk then complain about how I am killing you ;)
Oh, so now your excuse is that he's killing you because he's a rogue. Well let me tell you something, a lvl 15 fully geared warrior beats a lvl 15 fully geared rogue. Fuck your logic.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
As per quoting the almighty Alator as well as the worthy Danda, stay on topic!

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
Oh, so now your excuse is that he's killing you because he's a rogue. Well let me tell you something, a lvl 15 fully geared warrior beats a lvl 15 fully geared rogue. Fuck your logic.
95% of warriors are never fully geared as a result of the lack of chainmail. Fuck your logic.

Also you can be a lvl 1 warrior and still not be a noob. Noob implies an inexperienced player not a low level.

Falker57

Legacy Supporter 8
Tell me the logic behind that. Rogues do twice the damage. Warriors have iron chestplate that reduces dmg by 10