• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

I'm Disappointed.

Starkillah

Legacy Supporter 2
Ohh. You're so cute. :)
People can't even walk into warshard without being killed. Sure, it's less and less lately, but it still happens. PvP isn't really focused around towns. I mean, of course it is, but that doesn't mean town members just kill other rival town members. That makes me giggle. :) If a new person doesn't have a town, then basically they're screwed. People see people they don't know and kill them. Don't deny that fact. Some people are more gracious than others and let some new people walk away, but most of the time they die from PvP. Not just in the wilderness, but in PvP pits, events, etc. "There are plenty of Mob Arenas for them to join" -- that makes me wonder just how attentive you are when you play Herocraft. Are you NOT in ./ch lfg? Clearly you are not. I have seen person after person being denied for a MA because they are too low of a level. You might want to check your facts, dear. :)

Killing me with kindness. c:
I am in /ch lfg, people dont just kick you out of mob arenas you can join as you please. Theres no literal "deny"
to a mob arena. Honestly, no new member goes to Warshard if at all, and in the wilds of DG the chances of you running into someone are literally slim to none, if youd like to do the math, there are 51 active towns on the forums, and that doesn't mean they are truly active, which average around the size of 100x100 which comes out to around 510,000 surface blocks inhabited actively. (just roughly guessing) and the size of the map is 7000x7000 blocks (49 MILLION) surface blocks, that means the chances of a person running into any actively populated are 510,000 blocks out of almost FIFTY MILLION SURFACE BLOCKS (just over ONE PERCENT CHANCE), thats not doing the math of the active number of people online at any given time, i have run down the main roads of Dragongarde countless times without seeing a soul for miles. Honestly, you guys are way over your heads with the idea that a new comer to HC really has a hard time.

Please come up with a more thorough retort , dear ;]

Aburido_burrito

Legacy Supporter 4
Ohh. You're so cute. :)
People can't even walk into warshard without being killed. Sure, it's less and less lately, but it still happens. PvP isn't really focused around towns. I mean, of course it is, but that doesn't mean town members just kill other rival town members. That makes me giggle. :) If a new person doesn't have a town, then basically they're screwed. People see people they don't know and kill them. Don't deny that fact. Some people are more gracious than others and let some new people walk away, but most of the time they die from PvP. Not just in the wilderness, but in PvP pits, events, etc. "There are plenty of Mob Arenas for them to join" -- that makes me wonder just how attentive you are when you play Herocraft. Are you NOT in ./ch lfg? Clearly you are not. I have seen person after person being denied for a MA because they are too low of a level. You might want to check your facts, dear. :)
Actully, no one goes to warshard anymore.

SonOfAGunner

Ungodly
Killing me with kindness. c:
I am in /ch lfg, people dont just kick you out of mob arenas you can join as you please. Theres no literal "deny"
to a mob arena. Honestly, no new member goes to Warshard if at all, and in the wilds of DG the chances of you running into someone are literally slim to none, if youd like to do the math, there are 51 active towns on the forums, and that doesn't mean they are truly active, which average around the size of 100x100 which comes out to around 510,000 surface blocks inhabited actively. (just roughly guessing) and the size of the map is 7000x7000 blocks (49 MILLION) surface blocks, that means the chances of a person running into any actively populated are 510,000 blocks out of almost FIFTY MILLION SURFACE BLOCKS (just over ONE PERCENT CHANCE), thats not doing the math of the active number of people online at any given time, i have run down the main roads of Dragongarde countless times without seeing a soul for miles. Honestly, you guys are way over your heads with the idea that a new comer to HC really has a hard time.

Please come up with a more thorough retort , dear ;]
Well. I see you did the research. I'm proud. ;)
However, there are places more crowded than others which makes the chance of getting killed higher than others. Examples: Temple, the graveyard to Temple, certain Herogates, and such. Now, I am waaaaay too lazy to do research like you, so I'll just leave this conversation with this: Yes, you have many valid points, but you gotta admit, I like smiley faces. :) *Plus I have to say that I have said a few smarticle things myself. ;D<3*

Actully, no one goes to warshard anymore.

Oh hush. >:}

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Not really, PvP is so focused around towns honestly the wild is not such a dangerous a place as it once was, i roam the roads and most of the wild with little fear. Not many new guys get killed when mining, unless of course they broadcast the fact that they are mining, and Mob Arena no one dies, and there are plenty of Mob Arenas for them to join, most of your arguments are so invalid it makes me wonder just how attentive you are when you play Herocraft.
She has it spot on tbh, you're just trying to make an argument for no reason.

Joka10

Soulsand

Your math is based around the idea that PvP on the server is 100% random, the only conflicts occuring when two parties happen to run into one another. Argue all you want, but I'm pretty sure that's entirely wrong.

Having been a Ranger in the past, as well as knowing several Rangers well ingame, I've observed that not only do new players get killed a lot in the wilderness, but that they are specifically targeted. A common tactic among the many title-hungry players on this server is to type /hero who [name of unspec class], and find a particularly low level. They then proceed to either track or buy a track on said individual, and kill them repeatedly until they have achieved their desired title. Should the new player log off, the scum will choose a new target and repeat this process.

Another common tactic is to sit outside a graveyard in close vicinity to a Herogate (or not... though HG gy's yield more players, I believe), and wait for a new player to die. Due to scaling, this happens quite frequently. What follows is known as 'graveyard camping'. I think you are probably quite familiar with it. A graveyard isn't technically "the wild", but players who die in the wild respawn there. Any attempt to reenter the wild from the graveyard during a campout results in death. Two potential methods of escape are available. The recall method is the most viable, but it requires the player to be a level 10 crafter, which they generally are not. They also may not have the money for redstone, or even have a mark set. Warp is totally free and available as soon as you become a crafter, but its cooldown lasts several hours. It'll save a player once in a day, but not twice.

Another cruel tactic is to find a new player's home, take their stuff, and camp at the structure until the player stops coming back. They lose their stuff, their home, and die a ton. Usually, these homes are situated in none other than.. the wild!

Now, another tactic is to be in /ch re, watch for a player to accept a town invite, and wait outside that town's herogate to kill them. A less refined (but nonetheless effective) version of this method is for a large group to blockade a herogate and massacre any and all traffic, old and new alike.

I could go on to describe countless more instances in which new players are targeted, such as the "stuff back" spawn pits fights, the "oh yeah, we'd love to have you in this MA" and various other baits for players to fall victim to MA camping, and even the "Warshard's a great place to start out" troll... but I personally think I've proved my point.

Starkillah

Legacy Supporter 2
She has it spot on tbh, you're just trying to make an argument for no reason.
I'm not trying to make an argument for no reason? I'm pretty sure i clearly laid out what my opinion was. The idea that a new comer to HC actually has a hard time is literally bullshit.

Your math is based around the idea that PvP on the server is 100% random, the only conflicts occuring when two parties happen to run into one another. Argue all you want, but I'm pretty sure that's entirely wrong.

Having been a Ranger in the past, as well as knowing several Rangers well ingame, I've observed that not only do new players get killed a lot in the wilderness, but that they are specifically targeted. A common tactic among the many title-hungry players on this server is to type /hero who [name of unspec class], and find a particularly low level. They then proceed to either track or buy a track on said individual, and kill them repeatedly until they have achieved their desired title. Should the new player log off, the scum will choose a new target and repeat this process.

Another common tactic is to sit outside a graveyard in close vicinity to a Herogate (or not... though HG gy's yield more players, I believe), and wait for a new player to die. Due to scaling, this happens quite frequently. What follows is known as 'graveyard camping'. I think you are probably quite familiar with it. A graveyard isn't technically "the wild", but players who die in the wild respawn there. Any attempt to reenter the wild from the graveyard during a campout results in death. Two potential methods of escape are available. The recall method is the most viable, but it requires the player to be a level 10 crafter, which they generally are not. They also may not have the money for redstone, or even have a mark set. Warp is totally free and available as soon as you become a crafter, but its cooldown lasts several hours. It'll save a player once in a day, but not twice.

Another cruel tactic is to find a new player's home, take their stuff, and camp at the structure until the player stops coming back. They lose their stuff, their home, and die a ton. Usually, these homes are situated in none other than.. the wild!

Now, another tactic is to be in /ch re, watch for a player to accept a town invite, and wait outside that town's herogate to kill them. A less refined (but nonetheless effective) version of this method is for a large group to blockade a herogate and massacre any and all traffic, old and new alike.

I could go on to describe countless more instances in which new players are targeted, such as the "stuff back" spawn pits fights, the "oh yeah, we'd love to have you in this MA" and various other baits for players to fall victim to MA camping, and even the "Warshard's a great place to start out" troll... but I personally think I've proved my point.

And people like to say TC has cheap tactics. My math was not based around the idea that pvp is completely random, i even said that its centralized around towns. Rarely do people leave there towns except to pvp with other towns, etc. Say what you may, but that's completely true, lots of people on HC are shut ins, that sit in Dragongarde or their town for extended periods of time. I gave plenty of lee way in my math , and the amount of area on the map where any newcomer could inhabit safely is gigantic. I am not arguing for no fucking reason, im arguing because i hold the strong opinion that newcomers don't need to be catered to.

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
Although I will say that I personally aim to remove players I hate by killing them countless times relentlessly, but how could someone hate a guy who joined the server for 5 minutes max? It's pathetic, although it will keep happening. I won't hide it, I'm guilty of randomly killing sometimes, but I've never camped a random ever, be they new or old. I think this problem lies in (The guild knows who they are) a certain guild that was allowed to influence the server for way too long. Were seeing TC, Legacy, Resist. They all take no mercy. On the other hand, we got Kahzo, Victim130, Leftovers5 (Assuming he doesn't roll with Pewpew) and a bunch more who are cool guys who kill their enemies over some random player.

This is what separates PvPers from PKers and you hardly see the good in certain players because groups out weigh single players. I won't lie, the good groups ALWAYS suck, KoK wasn't very good, AoA usually out did them and if any other Good Guilds existed, I've never heard of them. Davros, just keep helping out, its the best you can do and if you see a number of good players, lead them to a victory against the evil guilds and cleanse the server.
"Assuming he doesn't roll with pewpew"
Lol, well left finds noobs "cute," and doesn't allow me to camp them. Although, I have camped noobs. But, I have offered to give their stuff back numerous times, but they don't know how to respond using /sh

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
I'm not trying to make an argument for no reason? I'm pretty sure i clearly laid out what my opinion was. The idea that a new comer to HC actually has a hard time is literally bullshit.

And people like to say TC has cheap tactics. My math was not based around the idea that pvp is completely random, i even said that its centralized around towns. Rarely do people leave there towns except to pvp with other towns, etc. Say what you may, but that's completely true, lots of people on HC are shut ins, that sit in Dragongarde or their town for extended periods of time. I gave plenty of lee way in my math , and the amount of area on the map where any newcomer could inhabit safely is gigantic. I am not arguing for no fucking reason, im arguing because i hold the strong opinion that newcomers don't need to be catered to.
While I agree to not catering to them, I will say that they are the target of a good chunk of PvP and they have a really hard time. When PvP ACTUALLY comes to Newerth, its to kill our noobs while I'm offline. When ever I go to Canterlot, its when only noobs are online. Its a tactic and whether or not its "Centered" around towns doesn't mean shit when new players are the only ones being killed. The same goes for any new player who so much as refers to something someone takes interest in or is insulted by in chat. I play at least 2 hours a day and on a good day, 10+ hours for almost 2 years, I know how the server is. Now, go be a little kid elsewhere, the grown ups are talking.

Starkillah

Legacy Supporter 2
While I agree to not catering to them, I will say that they are the target of a good chunk of PvP and they have a really hard time. When PvP ACTUALLY comes to Newerth, its to kill our noobs while I'm offline. When ever I go to Canterlot, its when only noobs are online. Its a tactic and whether or not its "Centered" around towns doesn't mean shit when new players are the only ones being killed. The same goes for any new player who so much as refers to something someone takes interest in or is insulted by in chat. I play at least 2 hours a day and on a good day, 10+ hours for almost 2 years, I know how the server is. Now, go be a little kid elsewhere, the grown ups are talking.

Haha you and the way you think you are so fucking special, ive played on Herocraft since August 8th of last year, almost a year in a a week and some c: Im not new to the way Herocraft works. They arent ultimately specifically targeted, they just die more, thats the hand that is dealt when you havent learned how to PvP. Just because you are a two year veteran doesn't mean you can't be ignorant.

Your insults are cute though;)

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Lol, well left finds noobs "cute,"
THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A SECRET!

Anyways, I try to limit the killing of randoms I find wandering around in the wilderness. Noobs are probably the friendliest people on the server, anyways. I remember one time three-ish months ago, I stumbled upon a noob's underground base because he wasn't sneaking, and when I found him he said "Hi, welcome" and gave me 3 bread. Noobs are awesome, and without them the server wouldn't be here.

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3

Anyways, I try to limit the killing of randoms I find wandering around in the wilderness. Noobs are probably the friendliest people on the server, anyways. I remember one time three-ish months ago, I stumbled upon a noob's underground base because he wasn't sneaking, and when I found him he said "Hi, welcome" and gave me 3 bread. Noobs are awesome, and without them the server wouldn't be here.
Exactly. They will be killed at times, and they'll learn what the Hardcore-ness of HC means to the community, but they don't realize what most do. They think everyone would be as kind as them. So, why not be kinder, and make them want to stay? :)

ThatAintFalco

Portal
noobs I kill

People who didn't read signs ( NOT A FUCKING CRAFTER )
Rogues
People who annoy me

I admit, I like to kill noobs. But I'm trying to be nicer...

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4

Said less than 24 hours after him and his town camped 2-3 new players at a graveyard for a title.