• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

I'm Disappointed.

Malomarcus

Legacy Supporter 6
Besides the time I 1v1'd a nub using a boat and people who were just mining. I usually try and not kill nubs.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
After experiencing a similar response when I returned to the server, with veteran players offering to help you just to lure you out of no-pvp zones. I thought wow this server has degenerated since I played last year.

However this post and re-instilled those old values i enjoyed playing on this server. I like the idea of newbie players getting protection, but maybe you could make it their first full 8 hours played on the server. They will barely have read all the signs and navigated through to the hero gates in 20mins.
I would love to have newbie players PVP-FREE 8 hours. Would make things so much better...

Granted, there would have to be exceptions made for any kind of system like that.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
I would love to have newbie players PVP-FREE 8 hours. Would make things so much better.
I can see this going bad fast. Theft would go on without anything anyone could do about it. And even if it be against the rules, alt accounts would pop up all over to get in on that.

Plus not to be an asshat, but we are a hardcore server, I think we really just want to give newer members a chance. I'd say 1 hour no-pvp at most and make it so they can't access chests unless they made it.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I can see this going bad fast. Theft would go on without anything anyone could do about it. And even if it be against the rules, alt accounts would pop up all over to get in on that.

Plus not to be an asshat, but we are a hardcore server, I think we really just want to give newer members a chance. I'd say 1 hour no-pvp at most and make it so they can't access chests unless they made it.

1 hour isn't enough for a tour by guides. I say we don't want to give them TOO much no-pvp time, but 1 hour wouldn't be enough. 2 hours would seem better.

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
As much as I loved the sweet story and everything, you can't stop people from killing others in minecraft, it's only part of the game. And getting killed over and over again on your first day? It's all part of the hardcore aspect of the server, survive. Now me, I was hunted down 3 times EVEN when I was in a group of 4 newbies. We had to relocate 'bases' 4/5 times and had all of our mining loot/gear stolen each time. Now I probably lost over 5000c worth of stuff myself throughout the whole process, as I mined every single day as a newbie. I was a lvl 10 warrior and a lvl 29 crafter, and then I found myself a town. After I joined Altum I had no problems in Herocraft. It's all a part of the game, I mean if I and others got through the process of being a newbie then everyone else should be able to unless you are retarded.

And yeah, I know it was really douchey, I probably would'nt be able to go through with harrassing/hunting down the same newbie over and over, but it can easily be stopped by -> Joining a town.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
As much as I loved the sweet story and everything, you can't stop people from killing others in minecraft, it's only part of the game. And getting killed over and over again on your first day? It's all part of the hardcore aspect of the server, survive. Now me, I was hunted down 3 times EVEN when I was in a group of 4 newbies. We had to relocate 'bases' 4/5 times and had all of our mining loot/gear stolen each time. Now I probably lost over 5000c worth of stuff myself throughout the whole process, as I mined every single day as a newbie. I was a lvl 10 warrior and a lvl 29 crafter, and then I found myself a town. After I joined Altum I had no problems in Herocraft. It's all a part of the game, I mean if I and others got through the process of being a newbie then everyone else should be able to unless you are retarded.

And yeah, I know it was really douchey, I probably would'nt be able to go through with harrassing/hunting down the same newbie over and over, but it can easily be stopped by -> Joining a town.

This is 2 hour protect we're talking about. Do you honestly think they'll be safe after those 2 hours? People can still kill them, chase them, raid them.

The reason, I feel, that it's important to introduce a 2 hour protection for new members is because it gives people a chance at getting started. I see too many new HC members that join, get killed many times, then leave. They'll probably like the experience if they got the initial chance. By the way, MOBs could still kill noobs, and I don't see what is to stop players trapping one another, killing them with lava, ect...

In addition, a 2 hour protection would prevent people getting PvP titles by slaying new players.

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
This is 2 hour protect we're talking about. Do you honestly think they'll be safe after those 2 hours? People can still kill them, chase them, raid them.

The reason, I feel, that it's important to introduce a 2 hour protection for new members is because it gives people a chance at getting started. I see too many new HC members that join, get killed many times, then leave. They'll probably like the experience if they got the initial chance. By the way, MOBs could still kill noobs, and I don't see what is to stop players trapping one another, killing them with lava, ect...

In addition, a 2 hour protection would prevent people getting PvP titles by slaying new players.
Yeah, I was talking about the whole general original post, not about the 2hr protection, I haven't touched that yet.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7

It's not as if as soon as the new member logs on they are going to be searching for a town to raid while they are invincible... Also people would really spend $25 or however much Minecraft is nowadays for 8 hours of no-pvp to raid?

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
If newbies are given temporary immunity to PvP, could we consider allowing Guides to latch onto them? Enter a command and the Guide shares their chosen nub's PvP-off time, so long as they stay within so many blocks. This could provide some initial personal (ha) interaction for the ones who want it, and it would make it easier for Guides to work a bit more as well.

I missed whatever made Kain decide to hide petitions from Guides. And how are we supposed to know whether somebody wants griefs checked, for that matter? But I digress.

Obviously if this was to be considered there would need to be a rule or two about Guide conduct. People should report Guides for using PvP-proof players to save their own butts.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I am not new to the server per se but I am a lowbie lvl 15 healer.

I just ran into some random spec'd people, and all they did was fireball me to get my attention and then ask if I wanted to join a town. Since I'm lvling I politely deferred and they went on their way.

This server isnt all asshats, we all know this.

also, +1 for no pvp for two hours regardless of the chest access, newbies wont be able to gain access to much even with the equivalent of perma-invuln.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Sometimes I give new players some food, tools and tips how to start on HC. Sometimes I kill them for no reason. People won't change as most people see Hardcore as "Free to do whatever I want except hacking/glitching/griefing".

Guides should have a role in all this.

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
Sometimes I give new players some food, tools and tips how to start on HC. Sometimes I kill them for no reason. People won't change as most people see Hardcore as "Free to do whatever I want except hacking/glitching/griefing".

Guides should have a role in all this.
#1 Reason I don't like giving full sets of gear/supplies to newbies is because most of them join the first day then go inactive forever..

SonOfAGunner

Ungodly
#1 Reason I don't like giving full sets of gear/supplies to newbies is because most of them join the first day then go inactive forever..
One reason for inactivity is that they cannot DO anything without being brutally murdered or being turned down because they are new. :3
Mining - killed
Harvesting - killed
Pvp - Yeah right
Killing mobs in the wild - killed
MobArena - Denied

Starkillah

Legacy Supporter 2
One reason for inactivity is that they cannot DO anything without being brutally murdered or being turned down because they are new. :3
Mining - killed
Harvesting - killed
Pvp - Yeah right
Killing mobs in the wild - killed
MobArena - Denied

Not really, PvP is so focused around towns honestly the wild is not such a dangerous a place as it once was, i roam the roads and most of the wild with little fear. Not many new guys get killed when mining, unless of course they broadcast the fact that they are mining, and Mob Arena no one dies, and there are plenty of Mob Arenas for them to join, most of your arguments are so invalid it makes me wonder just how attentive you are when you play Herocraft.

SonOfAGunner

Ungodly
Not really, PvP is so focused around towns honestly the wild is not such a dangerous a place as it once was, i roam the roads and most of the wild with little fear. Not many new guys get killed when mining, unless of course they broadcast the fact that they are mining, and Mob Arena no one dies, and there are plenty of Mob Arenas for them to join, most of your arguments are so invalid it makes me wonder just how attentive you are when you play Herocraft.
Ohh. You're so cute. :)
People can't even walk into warshard without being killed. Sure, it's less and less lately, but it still happens. PvP isn't really focused around towns. I mean, of course it is, but that doesn't mean town members just kill other rival town members. That makes me giggle. :) If a new person doesn't have a town, then basically they're screwed. People see people they don't know and kill them. Don't deny that fact. Some people are more gracious than others and let some new people walk away, but most of the time they die from PvP. Not just in the wilderness, but in PvP pits, events, etc. "There are plenty of Mob Arenas for them to join" -- that makes me wonder just how attentive you are when you play Herocraft. Are you NOT in ./ch lfg? Clearly you are not. I have seen person after person being denied for a MA because they are too low of a level. You might want to check your facts, dear. :)