• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

I'm Disappointed.

Davros_

Web Developer
Legacy Supporter 9
Earlier today, I witnessed something that was very disappointing to me. Four players, none of them particularly new to the server, repeatedly killed a newly whitelisted player who was just trying to get started with Herocraft.

When I saw this happening, I tried to assist the new player and show him a place he could cut some wood in order to make a home. The four players again came frolicking in, sarcastically shouting, "We mean no harm!"

They stood around for a few minutes, watching him try to make a crafting bench and kill some chickens. Unprovoked, they killed the new player for the umpteenth time. All of my respect for these individuals was gone at this point, as you can imagine.

I feel somewhat ashamed that this new player is probably thinking to himself, "Wow, Herocraft is full of douchebags." While this isn't true, lately more and more of this behavior has been happening. I'm sure I'm going to get the cliche response "This is a hardcore server," but that is NOT an excuse to be a complete douchebag.

All I'm asking of you, the community, is to consider showing some respect once in a while. You don't need to kill everything that moves in order to have a good time. In fact, helping a new player get started can be greatly rewarding, and it will certainly make you feel better than gangraping them.

Nalestom

Legacy Supporter 3
The days of honor and respect for other players is gone. The hardcore PVPers are more like hardcore savages, scavenging their head count from anything that looks at them the wrong way.

teddytazer

Soulsand
The thing is not everyone is a dick that screws with nubs, but those that do prevent new players from advancing and discourage these players from progressing. Then some of the players end up doing the same thing to other new players after they specialize. What u can do to help is invite these players to your town, provide support and tips. Theres always going to be weaklings that require low-level characters to kill.

jbird112233

Legacy Supporter 7
Earlier today, I witnessed something that was very disappointing to me. Four players, none of them particularly new to the server, repeatedly killed a newly whitelisted player who was just trying to get started with Herocraft.

When I saw this happening, I tried to assist the new player and show him a place he could cut some wood in order to make a home. The four players again came frolicking in, sarcastically shouting, "We mean no harm!"

They stood around for a few minutes, watching him try to make a crafting bench and kill some chickens. Unprovoked, they killed the new player for the umpteenth time. All of my respect for these individuals was gone at this point, as you can imagine.

I feel somewhat ashamed that this new player is probably thinking to himself, "Wow, Herocraft is full of douchebags." While this isn't true, lately more and more of this behavior has been happening. I'm sure I'm going to get the cliche response "This is a hardcore server," but that is NOT an excuse to be a complete douchebag.

All I'm asking of you, the community, is to consider showing some respect once in a while. You don't need to kill everything that moves in order to have a good time. In fact, helping a new player get started can be greatly rewarding, and it will certainly make you feel better than gangraping them.
Can I have the names of these savages? If you have to, send me a message On the forums. I'm going to have fun when I get back from vacation.

Scycor

Legacy Supporter 3
Lol Kainzo, you should make a team of people to help new players. It has the same concept as a Guide, but instead of awnsering there questions, they should help them get started, like getting Wood and protecting them from Title wanting people. I think that would be Funny/helpful :)

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Lol Kainzo, you should make a team of people to help new players. It has the same concept as a Guide, but instead of awnsering there questions, they should help them get started, like getting Wood and protecting them from Title wanting people. I think that would be Funny/helpful :)

This. I think Guides don't have much of a use anymore (i've heard they can't examine and sort out petitions now). Maybe if they should join towns, recruit new players, or find some way of getting new HC members into the community, that would be great! :D

Great idea Majoras. From personal experience, the point that saved me from being a nubcake hunted down in the wilderness was when a certain somebody came out, murdered me, and invited me in their town. I really think the township system is something really worthwhile that will help the new players significantly. The new players should really take it seriously when people suggest for them to join a town as they'll get killed less often that way and have a safe place to live in.

Watter_Bottle

Legacy Supporter 4
Or you could no-PVP players for their first day? (first day as in first minecraft day, 20 minutes)

That way they can get out a little ways and get things situated before hell comes collapsing back on them.

Also I read the KoK (Knights of Kainzo) like cock.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
EDIT: Nevermind, I'm an idiot.

Although, this seems like an appropriate thing for the Academy to deal with. Operation Save the Nubcakes will begin taking shape presently.

You're not an idiot....

''Operation Save the Nubcakes'' sounds like a great idea! :D

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
EDIT: Nevermind, I'm an idiot.

Although, this seems like an appropriate thing for the Academy to deal with. Operation Save the Nubcakes will begin taking shape presently.
I couldn't help but click agree when I saw only the "Nevermind, I'm an idiot", hehe.

But yeah, yay for helping newbies!

HolyRane

Legacy Supporter 7
Hm..... Needs more HolyRane's in this server, I personally like to help noobs, most of the noobs I help end up becoming douchebags and killing me, but hey its worth it righT!?