• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

DDOS

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
From another conversation on this topic:

Midget_3111:
"What I'm about to suggest isn't going to be very popular around here, but have you tried contacting Mojang? It's a long shot, but they may be able to spread the word and raise awareness if nothing else."

Thoughts?

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
From another conversation on this topic:

Midget_3111:
"What I'm about to suggest isn't going to be very popular around here, but have you tried contacting Mojang? It's a long shot, but they may be able to spread the word and raise awareness if nothing else."

Thoughts?
No, they most likely wouldn't bother stepping in, and it could take months before they even notice the petition/email.

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
Well, you're saying 'most likely' and 'could'. Doesn't that mean it's worth a shot, in the off chance it works?

bearcat99

Sir GrowlMeow
Legacy Supporter 2
You can always call Viasite and say "Habla Ingles?" I am sure the Brazilians understand Spanish too and would find someone who speaks decent English. I don't think Mojang gives a crap.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
There is discussion that the site is giving hacked clients to people to they can play Minecraft. I am sure Mojang would care since it is hitting their wallets.

xpeterc1

Legacy Supporter 7
Well things just got worse as Kainzo's home network is being hit, a bit too excessive.
Not much new information from what I gather, the proof for their distribution of illegal clients are archived offsite and screenshoted. You can view them on the other thread in Announcements, page 2 for your own leisure.
http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/ddos-attack-by-craftlandia.22769/page-2#post-204076

Known by other Brazilians servers to DDOS them, spam/advertise and griefing.
Often boast how many players they have on their servers, 2000+ on their array of different servers they own but most of that is because the players are offered a hacked client of minecraft so anyone can join them.
They are making money from piracy due to the hacked clients. VIP on their server is 30$ so they are circumventing Mojang.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
Back on topic.

This is just plain sad that someone has to DDoS because they didn't get what they wanted and when they wanted it. Fuckin losers. I hope something gets done about this and they don't just get away with it. Fuck, I'd be willing to fly out there to Brazil and have some "tea' with them all...
omw

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
Hey guys, just saw the news on my facebook feed. Stick with it and i hope everything gets patched up fast! This isn't the first time Herocraft has been attacked and it likely won't be the last. But it's still around and its still the best! Take care!