• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

DDOS

Davros_

Web Developer
Legacy Supporter 9
Kainzo, if you need extra donations due to this, please let us know. I'm sure everyone will be on board.

As for Craftlandia, how childish of them. I suggest filing complaints with Mojang, their ISP, and possibly law enforcement. Attacks like this aren't just annoying, they are illegal and people have gone to jail for it.

As for retaliation, I do not suggest anyone try and DDoS them back, if not for any other reason than the fact that we are an upstanding community who is against hacking, and we don't want to stoop to their level. I, of course, am not speaking on behalf of anyone but myself.

Stay strong, Herocraft. These losers will get what they have coming to them. I promise.

Dismays

Legacy Supporter 9
Why does everyone know so little about DDOSing it's been around forever....
It's extremely simple to negate.

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
This guy.. This makes me Lol.

I played Ragnarok Online for a couple years, (Still do off and on) They used to get DDoS'd 24/7.

Best advice to the user-base that is upset at the downtime. Yes it sucks, but know that the Development team/Founders are working on this. Yes it sucks you cant play Herocraft, but it's better that the issue gets fixed then letting some wierdo run rampant.

Kainzo, I know this stuff can take time, and I know its a hassle to deal with. I've seen companies that take subs for their games get DDoS'd just so no one could login to the game. All I have to say in this is give 'em hell.

Brutalacerate

AdministRaper
Back on topic.

This is just plain sad that someone has to DDoS because they didn't get what they wanted and when they wanted it. Fuckin losers. I hope something gets done about this and they don't just get away with it. Fuck, I'd be willing to fly out there to Brazil and have some "tea' with them all...

Bonafideb3ast

Legacy Supporter 4
Back on topic.

This is just plain sad that someone has to DDoS because they didn't get what they wanted and when they wanted it. Fuckin losers. I hope something gets done about this and they don't just get away with it. Fuck, I'd be willing to fly out there to Brazil and have some "tea' with them all...
Ill come with you. I know youll need a 115 pound 14 year old pussy. Will give umm hell.

BadHaddy

User Abuser
Why does everyone know so little about DDOSing it's been around forever....
It's extremely simple to negate.
When it cripples your network hardware via brute force PPS, its not. Right now the forums server is getting hit, and several different mechanisms are being used, including simple massive bandwidth. Using DDoS mitigation hardware (Cisco), multi-homing, as well as have 1000mbit/s set aside for the forum server. Currently, I am working with a few guys on applying a similar configuration to the Minecraft server, but since the games protocol is not able to work with proxies, we are having to custom develop application specific rules/transparent proxying for the Cisco device I have on hand.

Northac

Obsidian
ah, that would explain why i was haveing such a hard time posting ealier today, they attacked the server for the forums as well. I hope that your work for the solutions goes smoothly and works well, cause id love to get back into it. As for the lowbrow jerks doing this to us, I think they are just pissy because our server is better and still active, since planet minecraft has them listed as down (for a few months apperntly).

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
My god this guy makes me sick.

Edit:
The forum got hit and I refreshed 3 min later due to not being able to post, double post </3

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
It's called having class.

Class FTW! but yeah this really sucks, My friend used to play on their server, Then he left because another server he was playing on, got DDOS'd heavily by them. Craftlandia = No Class. No Secretly we are gay. Too proud to admit bad things.

^ if DDOS has anything to do with that, Brutal ill meet you on that plane to brazil.

Northac

Obsidian
The fact that they are doing this after asking for help is (funny/sad/ridiculous). And I was right! They are pissy about somthing. Just not exactly what i had thought at first.

Oh and Kainzo, no one here blames you for (missing/forgetting about) that email, overlooking something like that happens to all of us. This isnt your fault, they are the ones who decided to do this instead of just asking a second time for help.

Scycor

Legacy Supporter 3
Okay, now this is just ridiculous I mean honestly, just because there server sucks means they have to attack others? If they actually spent time improving their server instead of taking down servers maybe it might actually attract more people. I suppose that is too late though, I would find it scary to be playing on a server that could fuck up other peoples servers. :S

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We're working on a solution - so far its a massive outage and they WILL get tired of doing it - but I'm not sure how long it will take them to realize how stupid they are.