• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

DDOS

Scycor

Legacy Supporter 3
We're working on a solution - so far its a massive outage and they WILL get tired of doing it - but I'm not sure how long it will take them to realize how stupid they are.
That's a understatement.... They are too stupid to realize they're stupid :cool:

I can't believe anyone would ever do something like this. Just thinking about it makes me rage.

Though I did find the part in one of the emails where they said they have 2000 million players funny and that help calm me down a bit.

We have an average of almost 2000 MIL players online on our servers,

Neotetro

Legacy Supporter 3
24703147.jpg

Roshadus

Soulsand
In my opinion they are a bunch of hacking idiots and all this is a bunch of malarky and they can all Póg mo thóin (using irish and gaelic terms to censor my words).

Guardian787

Legacy Supporter 9
So, we fight back. They obviously NEED Herocraft and the Hero plugins. They aren't controlling this situation, ultimately Kainzo and the Herocraft community is controlling this. They need us not the other way around. They want to play that way I say stop letting them use the Hero plugins and code or bring it into legal matters for copyright and the stealing of code clearly owned by this community.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
New Hardware/Host IP = hco.zapto.org (No DDOS! test server up for testing!)

I didn't want to announce this because I thought it was a "oh this guy is pissed" thing. Apparently CraftLandia is known in Brazil for ddosing servers until they stop hosting a server because they want to be the #1 server in the world.

Herocraft has been target'd because we wouldnt push out Herochat 1.3 fast enough. The user Spunkiie, aka the owner of CraftLandia has said he will not stop DDOS'ing Herocraft until we are a less than 10 person server.

I have brought this to the attention of the developers and the community of Bukkit and they have all been very caring about what has been going on. The response from the Bukkit community has erected a large ddos against their servers - after they tucked their tail - they stopped the DDOS last night.

Today, Evilseph (Mojang/Bukkit Lead), has removed all names / information that CraftLandia is behind this because "they dont want to be involved" so CraftLandia / Spunkiie have resumed ddosing our services.

I am working as quickly as I can on a solution. This means we will be increasing costs by 5 to 10 times the normal rate. I will be working on getting us virtually impossible to DDOS internet (1000Mbps instead of 100 Mbps)
Cost for 1000Mbps = an extra $450 a month
Cost for anti-ddos = (if offered) $150-300 a month.

I don't like leaving you in the dark here. I want to let you know whats going on. Thank you for your patience in these times. I am quite unhappy by the outcome of this and will fight tooth and nail with every dollar Herocraft has to keep us up and thwart these injustices.
Unless someone clones this server down to the dot (People included) I can't see myself leaving, I used to DDoS back years ago and it usually comes back to bite you in the ass, especially where in some cases it can be a criminal offense. What a bunch of idiots though, can't they clearly see we are well established? We'll just hang out elsewhere for a bit until HC hits "10 players" then return lol.

I'll send you guys another 50 when I can to help out, but I can't get more money from the bank until the 13th. And remember, we love you and your server! Some idiot can go shove it if he thinks this will work.

Keffalump

Soulsand
-_-
Craftlandia: "Kainzo pls help us copy your server"
Kainzo: "No"
Craftlandia: "fine we are just gonna DDOS you then noob"
the fails of craftlandia

chrisxzpyro

Stone
  • Even though our small community may disagree, gank one another, raid each others towns, etc. we all stick together as a family when sh*t hits the fan. We all love this server and the work that's been put into it. Herocraft is my home and I'm not going anywhere.

jmoney222

Legacy Supporter 5
You could accept their offer to go be staff on their server, then completely fuck it up from the inside out ;)

Northac

Obsidian
Funny, but not cool. This server and the people who run it have more class than that.

bearcat99

Sir GrowlMeow
Legacy Supporter 2
First of all:

Ban for Kainzo. Advertising another server.

Second of all:

Let's all play on a Brazilian server that only speaks Portuguese, since Herocraft is down...