• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

DDOS attack by CraftLandia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davros_

Web Developer
Legacy Supporter 9
What does this mean? I may be having a minor neural disconnect, but it just doesn't make sense. Whatever the case, thanks for being so dedicated to us, Kain. I appreciate it. I'll try to scrounge up the means to donate some more in the near future.
There was a Bukkit discussion thread about this before Kain brought it to our attention, and my guess is that Evilseph (who is part of the Bukkit team) pulled all mention of Craftlandia from the discussion in an effort to keep Bukkit "neutral."

xpeterc1

Legacy Supporter 7
Here is something I put up in spout

24w6oae.jpg

Not entirely sure but from translation, it seems they are distributing illegals clients so that anyone who didn't buy Minecraft can access their servers.

Here is a translation:
How to play:
"For those who never played before:

If you do not have the game Minecraft installed on your computer, you must do so before anything else:

Download 46MB (Note: comes with all servers)

After downloading, unzip the file into any folder on your computer. Once that's done go to the folder where you unzipped the file and click 2x: "CraftLandia."

The game will open, if not open the most common reason is the absence of JAVA on your computer. To install Java click here. If you still can not open the game, ask in our support forum.

With the game open, enter your nickname (nick) in the "Username" and then click "Enter Game". On the next screen click on "Multiplayer" and ready. A list of all servers CraftLandia, just choose one to play and connect.

Once connected to one of our servers, you need to register your nickname so nobody but you can use it.

Video on how to register after connecting:

From some post on their forums, they dont have the Minecraft authentication turned on and this video shows the hacked client.
in the event that the proof video is gone, here is backup

Can this be used against them, they are breaking terms of service.

Predictable but, other news about them, is their community routinely flood other forums and servers with spam/advertise as well as griefing.

source:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1048513-craftlandia/
http://www.minecraftbr.com/forum/Thread-CraftLandia

Here is a translated post from someone who makes a good point.
It you've never played on servers that were pareos to him.
I'll explain.

The *****, when I was at first released its server here with the anecdote. At the time they kept downloading pirated the game client, and asked to remove (it was against the rules of our community). The anecdote, everyone began to curse and our entire community saw how bad the server was.

A while later, the KoM (in his prime) was attacked by *****, which in my view, represented a threat to them. Recently, besides the player from entering it on our server and use griefar to hackers, they also attacked the new server McBR, doing the same to stay off indefinitely.
Out of the players there that come here to say that we are envious, etc.. Or even get floodando in our shoutbox.

This subject is jealous of us being the only one desculpinha admn, Theiago Dorgado and arranged to mention that they are superior to us. Just think, if we were envious of them atacariamos servers, our server flodariamos there, etc.. But what happens is the opposite, they come here to do these things. Now I ask, are we ourselves that we are jealous?

Other than that all they have the audacity to charge 30 dollars for VIP without at least encourage the purchase of the game where the player is working with its development.
We also have the problem of "dictatorship" of ***** forum, so you have an idea, if you talk to the server has lag is banned at the same time, talk MinecraftBR is banned at the same instant, to post an opinion negative banned instantly. This is not a forum, this is a dictatorship, where they only accept what they want to hear.

Let's compare the forum ***** with the McBR:

Allows negative opinions *****? No, if you post this time and is banned in your topic is excluded.McBR allows negative opinions? Yes, in addition, also thanks for the opinion, after all, it is a way to improve the server in the future.
***** Encourages the purchase of the game? No, actually, they were born of piracy of the game, offering pirated downloads for all in its infancy.McBR encourages the purchase of the game? Yes, we always talked to players who like to buy the game because they are helping in the development of the game.

***** Has a staff attentive? That depends on your point of view, for VIPs, they are extremely kind (according to reports from former players who have migrated from there to here), as common for players, they ban for any reason, forcing it to pay back to VIP the server.McBR has a staff attentive? Yes, we always serve all who need help, we are always attentive and polite, but everyone has weaknesses, even I've lost patience with a player who broke the ***** here, saying that if I paid for pirate game and a user uses my nickname I'm wrong to charge the same.
These are just some examples.
I hope you understand. And welcome.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
I read all the emails, and excerpts and still do not understand this person. They think by trying to shut a unique server down that its members will degrade their game quality and go to them?

Also, their website is giving a 403 error. I'm no techie, but does that mean their site was brought offline?

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
I read all the emails, and excerpts and still do not understand this person. They think by trying to shut a unique server down that its members will degrade their game quality and go to them?

Also, their website is giving a 403 error. I'm no techie, but does that mean their site was brought offline?

No they blocked access to their site to US IP's, use a Brazilian Proxy and you can access it.

Shadoram

Legacy Supporter 7
No, but he has answered retaliation by blocking IPs from outside Brazil. Dont think It's a god idea at this point to retaliate with DDOS.

Craftlandia looks to be distributing Minecraft clients, I bet those do more than just let you play for free.

Would be interesting to track down what the agents used in the attack has in common.

Shadoram

Legacy Supporter 7
How many is actually aware of how easy it is to get those agents out via malicious code in client side add-ons?
How many have downloaded, x-ray, flying or similar client side add-ons ;-)

MrFly007

Portal
Craftlandia can go suck a dick, we all love this server too much just to give up and leave!
The team in Brazil or wherever the fuck they are, are just immature and gay!
We Stand Behind KAINZO!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.