• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

A Robber's exploration in the towns of Herocraft

Howdanrocks

Legacy Supporter 4
Nothing was ever in those open chests. And thanks for taking those buckets, we didn't want them and we were hoping somebody would come and take them. My house was the dirted up one (Mainly to protect my dogs, all the chests were locked anyways).

And also, an error with your post, Chronus is built completely above sea level excluding the public farm/TNT "testing" area.

We enjoy having an open town. We never plan on boarding it and closing it to the public. (As you can also see with our sister town, Artemis)

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
[size=x-large]Lion's Bay[/size]

Trying to enter Kumo burned my ass and made my back look like a porcupine, so, let's try another town for today!

Access:
Almost well closed town, those walls are incredibly high, the outside is regioned so you can't make yourself a staircase, the herogate is in a closed building, only openable by citizens, and the main gate is closed, good, good:

BUT, and there is a but: when say "Bay" mean water entrance, and it's a quite big entrance, they tried to place a gate, but it's not fonctional at all: swim or come on a boat, you are welcome!

Big security fail, but, that's not a sneaking entrance, for enter, i paid someone to open the herogate door for me (thanks tony) cause i'm lazy to walk all the way to the town.

Another potential sneaky entrance: near the bay, there is a big waterfall from the top of the wall: swim it up or use a boat to quickly reach the inside of the town without any difficulty:

Look:

Why "Lion's Bay" do you ask? Well, it's easy, they got a big Bay, and: a big Lion right in the middle of the bay! Not quite as huge as a certain phoenix, but still well made, no doubt about it, it's a beautiful lion, ready to chomp you head off:

Except the Lion and the big ass walls, this town isn't very original, the calme little usual town, very far from everything, so far, the border of the map is INSIDE the town! The town ring is partially out of the map so, that's quite fun:

It's fun, yeah, until you take a lift to go at the town ring for trying to take a good pict and the border protection punch you out of the ring, and make you fall to death on someone roof, with no possibility to take your stuff back!

In addition to that, i must say, they got a nice little tiny farm, who produce more cactus than wood, too bad we didn't make house out of cactus, and some big storage, almost well lwc, but that's another point, so, let's go to Security review:

Security:
Good point for them, bad point for me, almost all chests are lwc, but only one house didn't allow me to enter, i even tried to jump from another house, but it only made my face to meet the ground between the two buildings... Hopefully, someone forgot to lwc one furnace, and i found 29 melting gold inside!

All that gold, bad bad point, but, well, i didn't taked much from Lion's bay except those gold, and except the redstones stacks and everything i could take from the unprotected chests and furnaces of this good Tony, you let me enter the town, i know, it's not nice of me:

But, it's the life, i waited one hour for him to go out his house, he was building his roof, poor guy, i didn't wasted this hour, thanks for everything Tony!

Note: [size=large]13/20:[/size] finding so much gold lower the score, the big protections of the wall for nothing cause of the big open bay too, could be worst, but could be lot better.

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
hello raging fox ^^ well, the porcupine line was for my first attempt, when you shooted an arrow rain on me while i only approached the front door, but yeah, i admire your persistence to hunt me down even after i ran away from kumo.

btw, i'm a little vexed to no be on the "kill on sigh" list near your herogate :'(

AudieMurphy135

Soulsand
carmeops said:
btw, i'm a little vexed to no be on the "kill on sigh" list near your herogate :'(

Yeah, it was kinda last minute. I had told Pumpapa that you would be coming here soon, so he told me that you were KoS shortly before he had to log out.

Then I saw that you logged on a few minutes later and watched to the Northwest for movement (since that is the only area that is currently vulnerable). Saw you in the trees, and I pretty much shot at you non-stop until you reached the palace that we're building. After that, you disappeared.

Also, I have a couple questions:

How much damage did I deal from the arrows the first time you came here? >.>

And second, how long were you in Kumo before I spotted you the second time?

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
at my first attempt, only one arrow touched me, but you got several time my dog, so i left him under a tree and walked around the town alone
on my second attempt, dunno, maybe ten minutes? but mostly passed at hiding cause you guys were walking freaking everywhere!

well, let's close the discussion, it's not a chat, it's supposed to be a towns reviews :p

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
howdanrocks said:
Nothing was ever in those open chests. And thanks for taking those buckets, we didn't want them and we were hoping somebody would come and take them. My house was the dirted up one (Mainly to protect my dogs, all the chests were locked anyways).

And also, an error with your post, Chronus is built completely above sea level excluding the public farm/TNT "testing" area.

We enjoy having an open town. We never plan on boarding it and closing it to the public. (As you can also see with our sister town, Artemis)

Same deal for Artemis, Herogate's wide open for visitors, and we allow building for anyone, simply for encouraging creativity in terms of projects and remodeling (grievers seem to get banned here often :D). BUT, we give everyone their own region and lwc's, plus we lock their doors, so good luck on getting inside the resident houses. If i catch someone raiding in artemis, i've got a chest of lava buckets waiting. I'm pretty quick with lava, so you may want to avoid me, ill give you a run for your money.

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
KUMO's Review is DONE!

Really had hard times on this one, i want to live in a town with the beautifulness of Rens and the security of Kumo!

Dunno if I'll visit Seagate tomorrow, or Saturday, i know they want me to delay my visit, but i delay for nobody!

Dalkor

Legacy Supporter 3
carmeops said:
[size=x-large]Lion's Bay[/size]

The biggest deterrent is supposed to be the distance, as we had a citizen make it easy for you, that challenge was null and void. Also you would be surprised how many raiders miss/missed that HUGE F***ING hole in the wall that opens into the bay... No joking.

Sad that you got such a big haul D:. LWCing more in case you decide to visit again. >.> Also mean that you stole from the cit who unknowingly helped you get he big haul.

Many people hate you for this thread, but I see it as an opportunity to grow and make the city stronger and more thief proof. :/

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
lol, who talk about challenge? the purpose of a robber is to steal you stuff, using every method possible, giving 1coin to a citizen to help him taking the herogate back to his town and following him inside is a totally valid method ^^

after that, i don't care if people hate me, it's even fun, i got an handsome hunt with Afro tracking me all over the map and in the nether for my bounty, having people who want my death all over the map, and people asking me to "try" their town, or an adverse town, it just add to my fun, and to the hardcoreness of this server ;)

and, on a personal plan: i like to be legally mean to people i don't know over the internet ;) and be a nice guy the rest of the time

Dalkor

Legacy Supporter 3
carmeops said:
lol, who talk about challenge? the purpose of a robber is to steal you stuff, using every method possible, giving 1coin to a citizen to help him taking the herogate back to his town and following him inside is a totally valid method ^^

after that, i don't care if people hate me, it's even fun, i got an handsome hunt with Afro tracking me all over the map and in the nether for my bounty, having people who want my death all over the map, and people asking me to "try" their town, or an adverse town, it just add to my fun, and to the hardcoreness of this server ;)

and, on a personal plan: i like to be legally mean to people i don't know over the internet ;) and be a nice guy the rest of the time

wait, he let you in for 1 coin? >.> new guy is NEW! lol I'm going to have to talk to him about this.

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
I think carm needs to go back to LB and have a more experienced player let him through the herogate :p

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
for the defense of Tony (who now totally hate me, my family and all person i can know in my life):

he just die in lion's bay and needed one coin to take back the herogate, to save his stuff (well, my stuff now), i just used the short time he opened the door to sneak inside with him ;)

so, do not be too angry against him ^^

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
[size=x-large]Seagate[/size]

Lift, lifts, so many lifts, i can't stand one more lift anymore, stop following me lifts! No, Nooooooooooo!

Access:
I was worried about the town protection, some days ago, they asked me to wait a little before trying to enter their town, cause the outside wall wasn't done yet. But i'm happy to see they finished it finally, good job! The area around the wall is regioned, the wall goes all the way underwater, and that's a bonus: it's nice looking! sandstone/fence wall, it don't stop all the view and is a way better then full fence looking, that's a good wall:

The herogate is in a closed building, like most of the towns now, but they choose the irondoor/redstone torch system, which is pretty ugly to see, but efficient:

4 gates close the town, almost all closed, but, for now reason, the front gate was open, good for me, cause the gates are the only way to enter:

Speaking of gates, some others gates stand in the middle of some roads inside the town, it's funny cause it's so useless, you can just swim near the gate and voila, you passed the gate!

Look:
Seagate is the typical little town, nothing much different from another typical little town, except it's on Water! all the town is floating on the sea, well, except for the walls, going down to the bottom of the ocean. Water is everywhere, if you like to swim, or like to be surrounded by water, then you will like Seagate:

Did i mention that lot of houses have an underwater part? Or that some of the houses are freaking tall towers going up to the sky limit? Those are the real little differences with an actual typical little town, making Seagate unique, as unique as their LIFTS EVERYWHERE!

If you try to rob the biggest houses, you will end in a freaking maze of lifts going up, down, up, down, in a house, in another, in a farm, in the first house, in the farm again, trying to find goods in this town is quite annoying due to the fact that you WILL pass 30 times by the same room with all those lifts!

Security:

Almost all houses have only normal wooden door, so you will not have too much difficulty to enter everywhere, in fact, only two building stopped me to enter, or to stay alive inside: the first one is a tall tower, looking like apartment building, with regioned fences in front of the doors. The second is a strange building, with a security system efficient: the entrance is a Lift (again) and you end in a room full of FIRE! If you care about your life: take the lift back and jump on water.

Ho, and they got a guard, well, sort of, a guy named Ruethian spotted me many times, followed by his dogs, but he didn't tried to kill me, he even spoke to me about his redstone circuits, not really armful. He started to be a problem when he spotted me in his house, he got angry, burned my ass with lave, i jumped in water, then played hide an seek a little inside the town, then i jumped off the walls and left: he finally got me with his bow when i was swimming away.

Ho, i forgot something, i didn't said about chests and furnaces, well, a lots of them are lwc, only three area gift me some goods: a farm vault gift me a full inventory if dirt and gravel, a furnace gift me a full stack of charcoal, and a tower chest gift me 4 stacks of glass and 10 wall pictures, not a very good day for robbing.

Note: [size=large]13,5/20:[/size] the security can become perfect, but it's far better than some usual towns, and the look isn't that bad for a little town.

ruethian

Legacy Supporter 6
Accursed craft book stuff was broken when u came so our gate wouldn't close and my house security was busted. :( And the useless gates were built b4 the wall as decoration.

Lol, was fun chasing u down though :icon_biggrin:

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
thats lame that the gate was open, we had closed it, and craftbook was broken so it didnt work, But I'm impressed with our small net loss